Jerry Jones regrets not trading up for Paxton Lynch

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...i-probably-shouldve-overpaid-for-paxton-lynch

In a matter of hours since selecting Dak Prescott as the first candidate to evolve into Tony Romo's eventual successor, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has already admitted that he preferred two players not named Dak Prescott to serve as the quarterback of the future.

For one, Jones admitted that he wanted to grab Connor Cook before the Raiders foiled his plans. Then he opened up about his desire for Paxton Lynch, who the Broncos snagged in the opening round Thursday night. Jones had already confirmed the Cowboys' interest injumping up to pick Lynch, but he expanded on that interest after the draft wrapped Saturday night.

Jones apparently can't sleep at night.

✔‎@jonmachota

Jerry Jones said he got about only 3 hours of sleep after missing out on Paxton Lynch. "I was still mad about it the next morning."
8:49 PM - 30 Apr 2016

He also regrets not overpaying for Lynch.

Jerry Jones: "When I look back on my life, I've overpaid for my big successes every time. I probably should've overpaid [for Paxton Lynch]."
4:52 PM - 30 Apr 2016

Instead, the Cowboys ended up with Prescott, using the 135th-overall pick. Prescott will now be given a chance to earn a "Harvard degree" in quarterbacking behind Romo, as Jones loves to call it.

Meanwhile, John Elway is (probably) definitely calling Jones on his direct line -- bypassing Stephen Jones -- to offer Lynch for the price of five first-round picks, Dez Bryant, and a lifetime supply of free tickets to any and every event at Jerry World.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...i-probably-shouldve-overpaid-for-paxton-lynch

In a matter of hours since selecting Dak Prescott as the first candidate to evolve into Tony Romo's eventual successor, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has already admitted that he preferred two players not named Dak Prescott to serve as the quarterback of the future.

For one, Jones admitted that he wanted to grab Connor Cook before the Raiders foiled his plans. Then he opened up about his desire for Paxton Lynch, who the Broncos snagged in the opening round Thursday night. Jones had already confirmed the Cowboys' interest injumping up to pick Lynch, but he expanded on that interest after the draft wrapped Saturday night.

Jones apparently can't sleep at night.

✔‎@jonmachota

Jerry Jones said he got about only 3 hours of sleep after missing out on Paxton Lynch. "I was still mad about it the next morning."
8:49 PM - 30 Apr 2016

He also regrets not overpaying for Lynch.

Jerry Jones: "When I look back on my life, I've overpaid for my big successes every time. I probably should've overpaid [for Paxton Lynch]."
4:52 PM - 30 Apr 2016

Instead, the Cowboys ended up with Prescott, using the 135th-overall pick. Prescott will now be given a chance to earn a "Harvard degree" in quarterbacking behind Romo, as Jones loves to call it.

Meanwhile, John Elway is (probably) definitely calling Jones on his direct line -- bypassing Stephen Jones -- to offer Lynch for the price of five first-round picks, Dez Bryant, and a lifetime supply of free tickets to any and every event at Jerry World.
Because of my Great and well documented "Love" for the Cowbell's, I hope it Haunts him to his Dieing Day!! Jerry and the Cowbell's can ...

KMA!.gif
" This is a ' NO SYMPATHY ZONE!!"

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Jones is a great GM, and I love the way that he has confidence in what his team did and that he is willing to praise their selections publicly.

Fuck him.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Imagine being Dak right about now. Reading how pissed your GM is because he missed on all the QBs he actually wanted. That must make this real surreal. Way to ruin it for the kid.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Will somebody please take this guy off our hands already...
lolol, I am with you man. Feels like we through out the line but dont have any bait on the hook. Just hoping

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Imagine being Dak right about now. Reading how pissed your GM is because he missed on all the QBs he actually wanted. That must make this real surreal. Way to ruin it for the kid.

Jerry knows what he's doing. Look how right he was about Jimmy Johnson when he was filmed in a drunken haze. He didn't need that guy to win in the postseason and cop titles.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He should regret it. Dak is a career backup imo. I think Lynch will be a franchise QB and the dude landed in the perfect spot. The AFC should be pissed at Dallas. Denver was screwed with their QB situation and they just lucked into a franchise QB.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Anything that makes Jerry stay awake at night, makes me sleep all that much better. Fuck that ass hat!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think picking Elliott with their first pick was stupid. Ramsey would have been a better choice for that team that is weak on D. If they didn't like Ramsey enough then they should have tried to trade back a bit. Dallas' Oline made Demarco Murray look great. Elliott is good but he is not the runner that AP or Gurley are. With the Cowboys Oline was it really going to make that much of a difference reaching on a first round RB? Couldn't a second round RB perform well enough? Murray was a third rounder and we saw that it was the Dallas Oline that made him special, when he went to the Eagles.

If they move back with a team that coveted Ramsey maybe the put themselves more in the Lynch Range. Say around 15? in a trade with Tennessee or New Orleans. Then they could have comfortably chosen Lynch and gotten some extra picks to boot. Jerruh is not the master of the draft that he thinks he is.

Then taking Jalyn Smith at the top of the second. Smith has footdrop and there is no guarantee he will play at all.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think picking Elliott with their first pick was stupid.

Zeke was a great pick for them.

Darren McFadden and Alfred Morris wouldn't have inspired the offense like Elliot will.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
A healthy Romo and Zeke put them in the playoffs in that division.

Jerry may be an odd one, but he's not AL Davis either.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Lol. Stephen said it wasn't worth what we'd give up. He gives me hope. Jerry can't die soon enough.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I think picking Elliott with their first pick was stupid. Ramsey would have been a better choice for that team that is weak on D. If they didn't like Ramsey enough then they should have tried to trade back a bit. Dallas' Oline made Demarco Murray look great. Elliott is good but he is not the runner that AP or Gurley are. With the Cowboys Oline was it really going to make that much of a difference reaching on a first round RB? Couldn't a second round RB perform well enough? Murray was a third rounder and we saw that it was the Dallas Oline that made him special, when he went to the Eagles.

If they move back with a team that coveted Ramsey maybe the put themselves more in the Lynch Range. Say around 15? in a trade with Tennessee or New Orleans. Then they could have comfortably chosen Lynch and gotten some extra picks to boot. Jerruh is not the master of the draft that he thinks he is.

Then taking Jalyn Smith at the top of the second. Smith has footdrop and there is no guarantee he will play at all.
You already know i agree with you here. Cowboys should have added blue chip defensive talent at #4 or traded down a bit. Zeke will probably be a pretty good back, but it doesn't really make them better overall as a team when you can stick just about anyone behind that OLine right now. Ramsey would have been my choice, then go draft Henry in the 2nd rd or whomever later. RB was a low priority from my POV.