Jerry Jones is surprised Cowboys have gone 20 years without a title

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
He's shocked...shocked I tells ya. Hey JJ, maybe if you hired an intelligent GM and let him do his job, this wouldn't have happened. An owner should not be the GM of his team. Correct me if I'm wrong if this mode of operation has been successful in the modern NFL era. Btw JJ, firing Jimmy Johnson might have had something to do with that.
***********************************************************************************
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-have-gone-20-years-without-a-title/#content

Jerry Jones is surprised Cowboys have gone 20 years without a title
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 28, 2016

If you had told Cowboys owner Jerry Jones while he celebrated his third title at Super Bowl XXX that he wouldn’t have his fourth title by Super Bowl 50, he wouldn’t have believed it.

Jones admitted that he figured the Cowboys would have sustained success over the last two decades, and he wouldn’t have expected to be sitting here in 2016 wondering when his team will finally get back to the big game.

“Well, I saw how we got there for the first three that I was involved with,” Jones said at the Senior Bowl, via the Dallas Morning News. “I’m the most surprised person in Mobile, or the country, that we haven’t been back to and competed in a Super Bowl.

But I know firsthand that you can go from the outhouse to the penthouse, and I’ve experienced it. Consequently, that fact has always driven me to know that it’s just around the corner. There’s a pony in here somewhere.”

Jones has expressed a lot of confidence in his coach, Jason Garrett, and his quarterback, Tony Romo, and their ability to get the team back to a Super Bowl. But when you’ve gone 20 years without getting to a Super Bowl, something has to change. Maybe the Cowboys need a better general manager.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It shouldn't surprise anyone. Out of 32 teams there is only one winner each year. And everything has to fall in place just right to get hot in the playoffs. Team health is a big one. Jones best shot was last year when Dez got ripped off on that catch. Still they probably don't get by Seattle after that, but you never know.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess the whole, "being home in January" thing has become so common he's numb to it

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The dude is his own worst enemy. He wants to relive that excitement of the draft he had with Jimmy Johnson but by making the call on the talent himself. He wants a head coach who won't complain when the owner has his fingers in every aspect of the staff and team.

He needs to get over his own ego and start being an owner again. Hire a good GM first off, who will in turn bring in a good coach. Then let his people do their jobs while he celebrates in his plush owner box.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The dude is his own worst enemy. He wants to relive that excitement of the draft he had with Jimmy Johnson but by making the call on the talent himself. He wants a head coach who won't complain when the owner has his fingers in every aspect of the staff and team.

He needs to get over his own ego and start being an owner again. Hire a good GM first off, who will in turn bring in a good coach. Then let his people do their jobs while he celebrates in his plush owner box.
THIS!!^ But nothing will change until Jerry Look's in the Mirror and say's " It's all your fault! YOUR FIRED!!!"