Jerome Bettis: I sold crack, shot at people in Detroit

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Most of these kids get started around 14-15 yrs of age, too young to get a real job. Then when they are old enough they have to make a choice, get a minimum wage job or make 5x as much in a week than they'd make a month at an entry level job. Not only that but the "thug life" mentality as already taken hold of them. Totally different mindset when you grow up in an area like that.
I don't disagree with that.

What I do disagree with is the idea that dealing was the only thing that was really available to him (his words).

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't understand.

I didn't think Bettis ever played for the Cowboys.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So he "shot people"? He does know there are no statute of limitations on attempted murder?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
True, but unless the authorities could put Bettis at a specific scene firing a specific weapon, then there's nothing to really charge. And I believe he said he "shot at people" which would imply he missed. I could be wrong.

I would think if he actually shot someone that he wouldn't want to admit to that publicly because, yeah, that would be admitting to a serious felony.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Wjfp.jpg

Yep, those white dudes with those crazy eyes... Blame 'em I say!