Jermaine Gresham???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Contract is done and the word is that Cinci wont be re-signing him. He was Bradfords favorite target at Oklahoma.

To be honest I haven't followed him to much so don't know if he is a blocking, well rounded or a Cook type(just a pass catcher and not much else) TE. Anyone know? Any info on him would be good.

We could lose some of our TE depth during FA and Gresham seems like a potential new TE to bring in. He has the history with Bradford going for him. I could see it happening.

Thoughts?

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I'm suprised some people think we should cut Cook, he has his drops, but he still was our leading receiver the last two years.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
In no way was I referencing that we would be losing Cook this offseason. I was talking about Kendricks or Harkey. I do not see Cook being let go at all.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Kendricks is gone, unless he wants to be here. We're definitely keeping Harkey; he's an ERFA and one of the most underrated cogs on this team. Gresham is a well-rounded tight end, pretty much a bigger version of Kendricks, but I see him wanting to be a starter.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Very good blocker, solid receiver. Injury prone though.

His chemistry with Bradford though, I'd love to bring him in. It's probably his best option not to be the #1 TE too, because he's better that way, when he's not being focused on. He may want to be the main guy, but it won't be the best for him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If we lose Kemdricks, sure.

Gresham fumbled a lot the last two years. He definitely needs to work on that.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I thought about this when I first saw the list of FAs for this year. I know his ties to Bradford are strong, but I think he plays the same role as Cook. I like the idea but I just do not think it will happen.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
In no way was I referencing that we would be losing Cook this offseason. I was talking about Kendricks or Harkey. I do not see Cook being let go at all.

I hear you on that, but Gresham is going to get a Cook sized contract in FA, or even more money. We are already paying Cook alot, so we can't afford both.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If we could get him without a huge contract I'd love to see one of Sam's favorite weapon in horns. Problem is that we have Harkey and Cook that seem to be better players right now at that position. I'd rather we lock up Harkey and if Gresham is available at a reasonable rate, make a run at him.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
If I was Jermaine Gresham, my goal in free agency would be to play for the Packers. He's much better than anyone they have and adds something they don't already have and haven't had since they had that talented TE that had to quit because of injuries. I can't remember that guy's name but Gresham would fill in nicely.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Kendricks is gone, unless he wants to be here. We're definitely keeping Harkey; he's an ERFA and one of the most underrated cogs on this team. Gresham is a well-rounded tight end, pretty much a bigger version of Kendricks, but I see him wanting to be a starter.

Very good blocker, solid receiver. Injury prone though.

His chemistry with Bradford though, I'd love to bring him in. It's probably his best option not to be the #1 TE too, because he's better that way, when he's not being focused on. He may want to be the main guy, but it won't be the best for him.

The way our TE's have been playing, I say Bring him in for a look-see!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I hear you on that, but Gresham is going to get a Cook sized contract in FA, or even more money. We are already paying Cook alot, so we can't afford both.

I doubt Gresham gets a contract like that.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The only reason to consider Gresham would be if Sam Bradford suggested to Demoff & Snead that it sure would be nice to see my old bud from OK Gresham be on the end of his passes again for a few seasons.

However in truth Rams just does not need TE Gresham that bad. Rams might shift move TE/H-Back Cory Harkey out of the back field back up to the LOS TE along with Alec Bayer, Jared Cook & Justice Cunningham & move towards the use of throw back Fullbacks to go with FB Brad Smelley from Alabama.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
All things being equal, I'd prefer the Rams keep Kendricks (at a decent price) and let some other team overpay for Gresham.