Jeramiah's top 10 QB prospects since 2011

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000647484/article/top-10-quarterback-draft-prospects-since-2011

1. Andrew Luck (2012 draft, No. 1 overall): He was about as flawless a quarterback prospect as I can remember. He was the highest grade I've ever given to a quarterback in my time of scouting. He checked every single box.

2. Cam Newton (2011 draft, No. 1 overall): You talk about somebody with a unique skill set. He had a rare size, speed combination. Newton was somebody who in the biggest moments played his absolute best.

3. Robert Griffin III (2012 draft, No. 2 overall): Coming out of college, I had a huge grade on RGIII. He was in that same draft class with Andrew Luck, and he could do some things that Luck couldn't do. So there's a reason why you could get excited about RGIII; the mobility, the live arm, and he was very accurate coming out of Baylor.

4. Jameis Winston (2015 draft, No. 1 overall): He just got better each and every week throughout his rookie season. At Florida State, you saw somebody who took command and control of that offense. The big knock on him was those interceptions in his last year at Florida State.

5. Teddy Bridgewater (2014 draft, No. 32 overall): Bridgewater famously had a poor pro day, but then was able to get in with a team, the Minnesota Vikings, and offensive coordinator, Norv Turner, that was a good matchup for him. I think he's going to develop into a very good quarterback. Coming out of Louisville, I loved the accuracy, and the toughness is what stood out the most to me.

6. Marcus Mariota (2015 draft, No. 2 overall): Coming out of Oregon, the offense was a criticism. You knew the ability was there, and he had a great rookie season cut short by injury. Mariota's a special athlete with the potential to be a great quarterback.

7. Carson Wentz (2016 draft): This is kind of the company he keeps, which is good company here right next to Marcus Mariota.

8. Jared Goff (2016 draft): He has a very similar grade to Wentz. I love the accuracy and toughness, which is very similar to Bridgewater.

9. Johnny Manziel (2014 draft, No. 22 overall): There are some players that have played better than Manziel at the NFL level, but this is where I had him coming out of college.

10. Blake Bortles (2014 draft, No. 3 overall): This is my third QB in that draft class -- Bridgewater, Manziel, then Bortles, and then Derek Carr. Carr, grade-wise, did not make this top 10, which shows I made a mistake on that one

Ram65

Legend
In the video Charles Davis had Manziel even higher.

I enjoyed that video. Gives a couple of pros perspective on Wentz and Goff. They could be better or worse but it shows the Rams need to go get one of those two.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
What sells me on Wentz is imagining Rookie Wentz, warts and all on this team AS IS, even without any other draftees.

All I can say is...daaayum!!!

I serious as a heart attack (boy does that phrase take on new meaning as I approach 50...) believe that we make a DEEP playoff run with Wentz.

I dunno how else or who else or what other combo affects that level of change, let alone that quickly.

I don't necessarily think Wentz is the next Johnny U, but he would be transformational "enough" that our D could leverage some of its strengths. We saw that our D playing with a lead is a freaking stingy-ass D. Someone like Wentz even as a rookie shifts just enough of the burden off of the D that the D becomes significantly better. Fewer plays on D will yield better results with this D.

I hear what the Snisher is saying about capping output of opponents to 17 points...

But man... Sure would be nice to win the Lombardi a few times...

Ram65

Legend
What sells me on Wentz is imagining Rookie Wentz, warts and all on this team AS IS, even without any other draftees.

All I can say is...daaayum!!!

I serious as a heart attack (boy does that phrase take on new meaning as I approach 50...) believe that we make a DEEP playoff run with Wentz.

I dunno how else or who else or what other combo affects that level of change, let alone that quickly.

I don't necessarily think Wentz is the next Johnny U, but he would be transformational "enough" that our D could leverage some of its strengths. We saw that our D playing with a lead is a freaking stingy-ass D. Someone like Wentz even as a rookie shifts just enough of the burden off of the D that the D becomes significantly better. Fewer plays on D will yield better results with this D.

I hear what the Snisher is saying about capping output of opponents to 17 points...

But man... Sure would be nice to win the Lombardi a few times...

I agree with your post but I think he is going to need some time before starting. I think I read that he will need a year before starting as a pro NFL QB. Rams might push him or Goff up some if drafted this year. I see Case K getting the starting job. It will be very interesting to see how long before Wentz or Goff play if the Rams draft either of them.