Jeff Triplette and Ed Hochuli are retiring/Triplette hired by ESPN as "rules analyst"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Full time refs
Younger, more athletic full-time refs.

Some of these old geezers they're trotting out there now call what they think happened because there's no chance they can get into good enough position to actually see it happen. Line judges spotting the ball are a prime example. What's close enough? I'd bet the two teams playing have different perspectives on that question.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I still can't believe they called forward progress on the Mariota fumble as he was getting sacked. :LOL:

Beyond trash.

What's funny is that he never took a single step forward. He simply went back and got sacked. By that call, every sack in the NFL isn't a sack.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Some of these old geezers they're trotting out there now call what they think happened because there's no chance they can get into good enough position to actually see it happen. Line judges spotting the ball are a prime example. What's close enough? I'd bet the two teams playing have different perspectives on that question.

Both the Rams and Falcons got JOBBED on marking.

We got jobbed for a good 2 yards on a Gurley run and the Falcons got jobbed on several passes out of bounds.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake

Yeah how many times did you see refs slow down a slow down the game this year! It drove me nuts

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan

Ed Hochuli and his 67 year old biceps would like to have a word with you in the parking lot

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Also, get Sarah Thomas (the first female referee who's still in the game) as the head of Tripleshit's group. At least she'll be able to get things right for a change.

Last edited:

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Ed Hochuli and his 67 year old biceps would like to have a word with you in the parking lot
I'd like that!

samsonlongestyard.jpg

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Why did Ed put on glasses when he went to the review screen, but didn't put them on for the rest of the game?

If the refs have vision problems, shouldn't they be wearing corrective lenses for the entire game? I'm sure there was a lot of holding he missed throughout the game.

Debacled

Starter
Why did Ed put on glasses when he went to the review screen, but didn't put them on for the rest of the game?

If the refs have vision problems, shouldn't they be wearing corrective lenses for the entire game? I'm sure there was a lot of holding he missed throughout the game.
Reading glasses aren't going to help anyone see anything further than an arms length away.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The rumor is Triplette is headed to officiate in the NBA where he can now terrorize Kroenke’s Denver Nuggets.:rolleyes:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The good news is that Triplette, who imo is the absolute worst ref in NFL history, is finally gone. The bad news is that Ed "Guns" Hochuli will be gone as well.
*****************************************************************************************
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/06/referees-ed-hochuli-and-jeff-triplette-retiring/

Referees Ed Hochuli and Jeff Triplette retiring
Posted by Darin Gantt on March 6, 2018

gettyimages-495274580.jpg

Ed Hochuli/Getty Images

NFL teams aren’t the only ones going through personnel change this offseason, and replacing veterans with young talent.

The league office is doing the same, with its most high-profile referee walking away as his son walks in.

NFL senior vice president of officiating Al Riveron just tweeted out word that longtime refs Ed Hochuli and Jeff Triplette were retiring, and were being replaced in the rotation by former back judge Shawn Hochuli and side judge Alex Kemp.

The 67-year-old Hochuli, best known for his tight shirts, big arms and verbose explanations of rulings on nationally televised games, has been with the league since 1990. He’s been the league’s longest-tenured ref since 2007.

Triplette has been with the league since 1996, and hasn’t been as decorated as Hochuli. Regrettably, he’s probably best known as the official who threw the flag which injured former Ravens tackle Orlando Brown, as the flag accidentally hit Brown in the eye.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Shame for Hochuli and his 60 year old biceps; won't miss Triplecunt, that's for sure.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Gotta admit, I’m gonna miss Guns Hochuli

Now if Booger would take early retirement

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Home sick today...

Rams 9ers is on