Jeff Ireland: 'enough ammunition’ to trade up to No. 1 spot

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
<a class="postlink" href="http://tracking.si.com/2013/04/13/dolphins-could-trade-up-nfl-draft/?xid=si_nfl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://tracking.si.com/2013/04/13/dolph ... xid=si_nfl</a>

The Miami Dolphins have 11 picks in the NFL Draft that is less than two weeks away, and have the No. 12 pick in the first round.

Don’t be surprised to see them jump up to try to secure a top three spot.

Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland said this week that his team could trade up if they wanted to and could secure the No. 1 overall pick, which held by the Kansas City Chiefs.

[textarea]“I’ve got enough ammunition to get to the first pick if I wanted to, but I don’t see myself doing that, personally,” Ireland said to the Palm Beach Post. “If I get another [Mike] Pouncey and another Jake Long, I would do it every draft. I wish I had a whole team full of Mike Pounceys and Jake Longs, to be honest with you. I know what I’m getting every single day with those guys.”[/textarea]
The team lost left tackle Jake Long to the St. Louis Rams in free agency, but the Dolphins could be on the lookout for a new offensive tackle. Texas A&M’s Luke Joeckel, Central Michigan’s Eric Fisher Oklahoma’s Lane Johnson figure to go high in the first round in the Draft, which starts April 25.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Re: Jeff Ireland: 'enough ammunition’ to trade up to No. 1 s

The Dude said:
http://tracking.si.com/2013/04/13/dolphins-could-trade-up-nfl-draft/?xid=si_nfl

The Miami Dolphins have 11 picks in the NFL Draft that is less than two weeks away, and have the No. 12 pick in the first round.

Don’t be surprised to see them jump up to try to secure a top three spot.

Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland said this week that his team could trade up if they wanted to and could secure the No. 1 overall pick, which held by the Kansas City Chiefs.

[textarea]“I’ve got enough ammunition to get to the first pick if I wanted to, but I don’t see myself doing that, personally,” Ireland said to the Palm Beach Post. “If I get another [Mike] Pouncey and another Jake Long, I would do it every draft. I wish I had a whole team full of Mike Pounceys and Jake Longs, to be honest with you. I know what I’m getting every single day with those guys.”[/textarea]
The team lost left tackle Jake Long to the St. Louis Rams in free agency, but the Dolphins could be on the lookout for a new offensive tackle. Texas A&M’s Luke Joeckel, Central Michigan’s Eric Fisher Oklahoma’s Lane Johnson figure to go high in the first round in the Draft, which starts April 25.

Wow cocky much. I do like what he had to say about Jake but dude sounds like the old redskins hope it results the same spend big fail big

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

The big three OT's could all be gone during the first 5 picks; they might be gone in the top 7; and will definitely be gone by pick 11.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

[textarea]I’ve got enough ammunition to get to the first pick if I wanted to, but I don’t see myself doing that, personally,” Ireland said to the Palm Beach Post. “If I get another [Mike] Pouncey and another Jake Long, I would do it every draft. I wish I had a whole team full of Mike Pounceys and Jake Longs, to be honest with you. I know what I’m getting every single day with those guys.”[/textarea]

I guess we know why Jeff Fisher picked us.

I can see why Jake Long left Miami.

I am sure glad we have a team of men running our organization.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

CGI_Ram said:
[textarea]I’ve got enough ammunition to get to the first pick if I wanted to, but I don’t see myself doing that, personally,” Ireland said to the Palm Beach Post. “If I get another [Mike] Pouncey and another Jake Long, I would do it every draft. I wish I had a whole team full of Mike Pounceys and Jake Longs, to be honest with you. I know what I’m getting every single day with those guys.”[/textarea]

The I word gets to me as well
Especially in team sports and government,IOW wherever co operation is all that can produce success.
IF I were drafting for a team in the top three this year , trading down would be attractive so the price wouldn't be as steep as say for the RGIII sweepstakes
Can you imagine what the #1 next year is gonna be worth for Johnny Manziel ?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Thordaddy said:
CGI_Ram said:

Especially in team sports and government,IOW wherever co operation is all that can produce success.
IF I were drafting for a team in the top three this year , trading down would be attractive so the price wouldn't be as steep as say for the RGIII sweepstakes

Or Jadeveon Clowney. That guy is the real deal.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Funny now with the Phins seems like we are always going against them lately. Rams won some major battles getting Fisher & Long, but IMO the Phins have done a nice job in free agency, but for many years many thought the Redskins did too.

I have nothing against the Miami especially now that the Rams have Long & Fisher, but IMO their team is much better. Many felt Wallace was over paid, but he makes a difference and the Steelers are weaker without him. Joe Philbin seems like a solid coach and I will always root for Miami to beat New England and the Jets.

As to Jeff Ireland, well, Bill Parcells brought him which seems to be the reason he might still be there, but he was one of the reasons that Jeff Fisher is in the Gateway City so all of us should like Ireland very much because it is a great country!

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael

CGI_Ram said:

Yeah, that was pretty hard to ignore. It's no wonder that many people have said that the front office over there is somewhat toxic

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Oh the Toothpastes are gonna have some fun in Aquafresh Life Stadium.

Go ahead and trade up...this is the perfect year to trade down.

iced

den-the-coach said:
Funny now with the Phins seems like we are always going against them lately. Rams won some major battles getting Fisher & Long, but IMO the Phins have done a nice job in free agency, but for many years many thought the Redskins did too.

I have nothing against the Miami especially now that the Rams have Long & Fisher, but IMO their team is much better. Many felt Wallace was over paid, but he makes a difference and the Steelers are weaker without him. Joe Philbin seems like a solid coach and I will always root for Miami to beat New England and the Jets.

As to Jeff Ireland, well, Bill Parcells brought him which seems to be the reason he might still be there, but he was one of the reasons that Jeff Fisher is in the Gateway City so all of us should like Ireland very much because it is a great country!

I disagree. They don't have a proven LT, so they're short atleast a starting tackle somewhere on the line. They had a horrendous pass defense, and down the stretch got weaker against the run (we ran all over them and totally out gained them yardage wise, 500 to 200 or something).

We have a much better defense then Miami - yea they added some linebackers (grossly overpaid might you add), but they lost Sean Smith (whom was the best DB). Now they're extremely weak. I personally think Swapping Ellerbe for Dansby is a bad move.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame

CGI_Ram said:
Thordaddy said:
CGI_Ram said:

Or Jadeveon Clowney. That guy is the real deal.

Or Teddy Bridgewater.