Jeff Gordon's Rams Chat Highlights-Post Draft Chat

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Gordo’s Chat Highlights

—I think Sam will stay focused, but his marketing team is a zealous bunch. Those folks are the ones likely to run afoul of the Rams. And that would NOT be in Michael’s best interest as a football player.

—Sam undermined himself by turning his marketing team loose.

—”Hard Knocks” is a pain in the butt. Fisher doesn’t mind good publicity, but that show would be a huge distraction for a team still fighting to get back to .500.

—Joyner is something. If he stays healthy, he would move right into the leadership core. He is all business. Hopefully some of him rubs off on Jenkins, who has all the talent in the world.

—Fisher believes in free agent Kenny Britt. That played into the decision to pass on WRs.

—Pead drew some praise for his special teams work. He hasn’t looked bad with his few reps in the offense. But I was surprised that Richardson didn’t get another shot in camp after that toe injury ruined his 2013 season. He made some big plays as a rookie.

—Garrett Gilbert was one of the dozen or so guys the Rams targeted in this draft. He is very much a project, but one with upside. The Shaun Hill signing allowed the Rams to take a longer view at the position. He is the back-up. Hill will get a lot of work within the system while Bradford works his way back.

—With Greg Robinson blocking, Tre Mason running, Bradford back at QB and Austin back from his ankle injury, the Rams should get off to a good offensive start.

—The Rams have to beat the Seahawks and 49ers to get into the playoffs. And, yes, they closed the gap on those two highly physical teams.

—With Saffold and Robinson playing guard and Barret Jones coming off of his redshirt year, the Rams feel good about the position. They have four spots open on their offseason roster and they could add another veteran to compete with Brandon Washington.

—With Barnes at center behind Wells. Jones is a guard on this team.

—A veteran tackle would make since. The current depth guys there have zero experience.

—Make or Break Year for Quick? Of course. Bailey’s early absence opens up opportunities for Quick and Britt during the first four games. Both guys are a critical point of their careers. What will they do with this opportunity? Those guys will be two of the better preseason stories.

Read All of Gordo's Highlights

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Gordon was a huge advocate of getting Robinson and "big nasties" before the draft. No question he loved the Donald pick, you know he's feeling like a daisy right now.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
"Fisher believes in free agent Kenny Britt. That played into the decision to pass on WRs."

I hope he's right on that one... With the injury issues, I saw the Britt signing as the next Steve "Not the good one" Smith. Probably nothing, but hey, maybe we'll get lucky on him.

FRO

Legend
"Fisher believes in free agent Kenny Britt. That played into the decision to pass on WRs."

I hope he's right on that one... With the injury issues, I saw the Britt signing as the next Steve "Not the good one" Smith. Probably nothing, but hey, maybe we'll get lucky on him.
I'm hoping he emerges as a number 1, but I'm not holding my breath.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Much as I was pounding the table for a number 1, I'll be happy if Britt can just be a solid contributor.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I like Gordon.
His info is usually in tune with the organization. He seems to know more than he let's out.

His chats are always a worthwhile read for me.

I hope Fisher is right re Britt. He'd be a huge asset if he can keep his head on straight and deliver at his position.

lockdnram21

Legend

Between him and Quick one the gotta show up. Me personaly i think it will be Quick. 3rd year in the offense should be a big year for him.(i know you dont think so).

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo

Hold it and embrace it as a Rams fan. Britt will show up this season. Bailey's postponement if you will allows him an extra boost of opportunity. Again Britt will show up, as soon as game 1 vs Vikings. I think he'll mesh as well as Bradford was with Clayton. ;)