Jeff Fisher's Press Conference 9/22

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I like how he ended it. "They're mad, and that's good!" We best be bringing our "A" Game to Philly. These next three games are absolutely brutal.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I've never heard Fish express that much displeasure with the calls made by the refs before. Don't get me wrong, it was well deserved,,, but he usually steers clear of that sort of talk. I wish he would have just gone FULL ASSAULT MODE with his displeasure though,,,, maybe even mock the fine as he went ape shit on the fucking bullshit officiating.... but I guess this was a start.

vdesai

UDFA
Fisher isn't going to go all Boldin on the refs, because he has to be professional. I'm sure he has privately conveyed his displeasure and that is all we can hope for. Hopefully we see a change in the way Rams games are officiated.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
What Fisher wants to really say to the head of officiating for the NFL!

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
I really hate how much the officials effect the games. A few good calls and the Rams are 2-1 but the obvious bad calls kill the Rams again. This is like the Colts v Eagles game where the Eagles defender clearly tackled the WR and caused a late Int. No call on obvious pass interference changes the whole game and could be the difference between making the playoffs or not. Fisher is on the competition committee, get us some better refs please!

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
No holding here on the touchdown for the Cowboys?! WTF!
image.jpg

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
You know those annoying kids on road trips?

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

Well, that's what Jim Thomas sounds like.

Hey coach, what did you think of the penalties?

Did you disagree with the hold?

Hey coach, about the hold on Eugene?

Hey coach, why are penalties on the Rams being called?

Coach, is there a reason penalties are up?

Hey coach, do you disagree on the hold?

Coach, coach, why only 3 penalties on the Cowboys?

Hey coach, what about the hold on Eugene?

Dude...he isn't going to rip officials in a media tirade. Lay off.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I've never heard Fish express that much displeasure with the calls made by the refs before. Don't get me wrong, it was well deserved,,, but he usually steers clear of that sort of talk. I wish he would have just gone FULL ASSAULT MODE with his displeasure though,,,, maybe even mock the fine as he went ape crap on the freaking bullcrap officiating.... but I guess this was a start.

I wonder how much of him holding back is him being on the competition committee? Wish for once he was completely non PC. You know if it came from him the league would have to take notice.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I like how he has the balls to call out the officials. Jim Thomas was particularly annoying. He had like ten questions and Fish answered them all in his opening remarks but he asked all ten anyway.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
We (Saffold) didn't execute on the 4th and 1!!! So glad Fisher explained this to us!

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Is it just my perception or is Fisher really being candid here? I'm not criticizing him. It's just a question. I think it's a good thing. It's nice to know what actually happened on a play. It also seems like because Austin Davis is a backup QB, coach is being more honest in his assessment of him. If it were a QB1 type guy there is no way any HC in the NFL is that critical. Maybe I'm totally off point here?

vdesai

UDFA
Is it just my perception or is Fisher really being candid here? I'm not criticizing him. It's just a question. I think it's a good thing. It's nice to know what actually happened on a play. It also seems like because Austin Davis is a backup QB, coach is being more honest in his assessment of him. If it were a QB1 type guy there is no way any HC in the NFL is that critical. Maybe I'm totally off point here?

I agree. I noticed that he was being more clear aswell. He didn't use coach speak. I think Fisher could feel that people wanted answers after a loss like that and he gave those answers. I was also listening to the Jeff Fisher show and he mentioned that the younger guys will start getting time with the ones in practice. He mentioned Case Keenum and Tre Mason by name, but I suspect Greg Robinson to be in that lineup as well. I think he may have held out the rookies, because he knew we had an early bye and maybe it was to give them time to get ready. Whatever the case we will find out what changes they have made after they bye and hopefully they are positive.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I agree. I noticed that he was being more clear aswell. He didn't use coach speak. I think Fisher could feel that people wanted answers after a loss like that and he gave those answers. I was also listening to the Jeff Fisher show and he mentioned that the younger guys will start getting time with the ones in practice. He mentioned Case Keenum and Tre Mason by name, but I suspect Greg Robinson to be in that lineup as well. I think he may have held out the rookies, because he knew we had an early bye and maybe it was to give them time to get ready. Whatever the case we will find out what changes they have made after they bye and hopefully they are positive.

Well said!