Jeff Fisher’s Charity Softball Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher held his 2nd annual charity softball game on Sunday, June 8, 2013 at GCS Ballpark in Sauget, IL. Fisher was joined by many of his Rams players along with Cardinals Hall of Fame shortstop Ozzie Smith and former Giants player J.T. Snow. He is the son of former Rams player and broadcaster, the late Jack Snow.

Fox 2 Sports Director Martin Kilcoyne talks softball and Rams football with both Coach Fisher and J.T. Snow.

[2]N3aGphYzpL2Y1x1d7EIGeDrMlB6RTj8J[/2]
<a class="postlink" href="http://fox2now.com/2013/06/10/rams-coach-jeff-fishers-charity-softball-game/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://fox2now.com/2013/06/10/rams-coac ... ball-game/</a>

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RAMbeau said:
- Despite the fact that it was raining a lot over on the St. Louis side of the River it looked close to a packed house. But that was hard to tell as there were so many other activities on the concourse like rookie autograph signings, a silent auction, booths from other sponsoring organizations, etc. Everyone wasn't seated at the same time. The parking lot was close to full.

- It rained a little during the game for those with "special needs." which was really fun to watch. And then the heavy rains came. But only briefly. When the first ball was thrown, the clouds magically drifted away and the weather was great the rest of the night. I'm convinced, Fish has a contact. :)

- I figured out why Fisher's team has never lost. He cheats. At the start of his team's half of the sixth inning, lo and behold, the bases were already loaded. . . . WITH RAMS' CHEERLEADERS! And all his team had to do was hit them in. In fairness though, the "visiting" team was given an opportunity, too. They pulled some kids out of the stands and loaded the bases with them. It was a hoot. A lot of dropped balls allowing them to reach base safely or score. You could see beams of light emitting from their faces when the Rams players high fived them for their efforts.

- Jake Long is HUGE.

- Now, I don't know if this was staged or not, I hope so. When Pead came up to bat, he had a. . well. . .unorthodox grip. Batting right, he had his left hand correctly at the knob, but his right hand was semi-placed where it might be for a bunt. Only he didn't bunt. He took a full swing. The girl serving as the on-field color commentator then came over and showed him the correct grip. Please say it was staged. LOL

- The venue, home to the Gateway Grizzlies, a pro baseball team with no MLB affiliations, looks like a fun place to go just to have a beer and a dog and watch some baseball. They do have one item of notoriety on their menu. . . a hamburger, but instead of a bun, the patty is sandwiched between two slices of halved glazed doughnuts.

- All in all, from the "special needs" opener to the home run derby to the game to the fireworks it was a blast. I didn't stay for the fireworks as I saw it would take awhile to get out of the parking lot. And besides, I wanted to get home to see the remainder of the Cardinals (THE winningest team in the MLB, sorry I could resist) game as they beat up on our heated rival the Reds. Best part is, the money went to some very worthy causes.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
monumentally said:
Attended Jeff Fisher's Charity Softball Game Tonight

Took the wife and two boys to the game tonight. We were sitting second row right next to the dugout. I was disappointed because the Gateway Grizzlies park has netting that runs all behind the dugouts and down the lines past the bases before it opens up. Saw a lot of players, we were on the "white team" side who was coached by Coach Schottenheimer. Guys like Brockers, Dahl, Saffold, Austin Pettis, Richardson, Pead and Tavon Austin. Had a great time. Coach Fisher was coaching first for his team and would come over and chat during the innings. Bradford wasn't there. I will post some pics in the morning when I get to the computer. I was impressed how cordial all the guys were. It was a fun time for them I would imagine before it gets serious.

A couple observations...

Pead is fast. I know running on a baseball field is one thing but that dude can fly. Austin never got on base so we didn't get to watch him.

Jerad Cook looks the part in gym shorts. Dude just oozes athleticism.

I never realized how big Brockers.

Jake Long is a monster and so is Saffold.

Quinn looks like he put on some muscle in the offseason.

The guy I was most impressed with was Austin Pettis. He looked like the most athletic guy on the field.

Once again it was just a softball game but when those dudes really wanted to turn it on it was impressive.

Thanks to Coach Fisher for putting on such a great event

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Love the video, even though it cut a little short. J.T. Snow, huh? Always liked him as a player. He wasn't one of those hard-hitting first basemen; he was a guy who would hit for average and play tremendous defense. Great guy as well.

I don't like that they showed Matheny and Yadi blowing up at the umpire (even though he deserved it) instead of another clip; Matheny's usually a lot more even-keeled than that.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
lol. "He's the Bob Villa of Rams Park. This was a tear down job. He's totally rebuilt the roster..."

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
JT carrying the banner in enemy territory. Like it.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Every time I see a baseball "argument" I just marvel, a tirade like that from a wrestling coach would get you sat down at least one event if not for a season, wrestling refs take NO shit.