Jeff Fisher with Jim Rome

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[cbs]_59NZ_lF8MNA[/cbs]
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.cbssports.com/video/player-beta/embed?args=pcid%3D45246019626%26tc%3D19%26resizable%3Dtrue%26autoplay%3Dtrue" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cbssports.com/video/player-b ... lay%3Dtrue</a>

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jeff Fisher: Rams 'haven't shown' plans for Tavon Austin yet

Will Brinson
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/23347336/jeff-fisher-rams-havent-shown-plans-for-tavon-austin-yet" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... austin-yet</a>

Tavon Austin was the crown jewel of the Rams 2013 NFL Draft class. But thus far what he's done in the preseason has been a pretty big disappointment. That, however, is actually planned by the Rams.

Jeff Fisher joined Jim Rome on CBS Sports Network's ROME Monday night and said that the team hasn't "shown" what they plan to do with Austin yet primarily because it's the preseason.

"We have a pretty good idea [how we'll use him] but we haven't shown it," Fisher said. "He's not had a lot of production, per se, in the preseason only because it makes sense to hold those type of things for the regular season."

Fisher's right and this backs up a notion that's been prevailing around the NFL: the Rams are squatting on Austin purposely because they don't want to give opposing defenses an opportunity to gameplan around the wideout with preseason film.

Austin is the quintessential "space" player and a perfect fit for today's NFL which values creativity in the passing game and playmakers who can do explosive things when they get the ball in their hands. There's a very good reason why the Rams made a big move up to grab Austin.

Part of it was that they want to see how Sam Bradford can improve with actual receiving weapons around him. And Fisher told Rome that he expects the former Rookie of the Year to make a leap due to the consistency in St. Louis' system and the additions on offense.

"The quarterbacks are going to be as good as the people you surround them with. In Sam's case this is the first year, early in his career, where he's in the same offensive system two years in a row," Fisher said. "Last year was his third system. He takes off, he comes back in the offseason program, there's familiarity ... he's much more ahead right now. We feel like we surrounded him with better people."

You'd be crazy to think the Rams, with all their additions and Bradford possibly taking a step, aren't a playoff sleeper this year.

They were 4-1-1 against the NFC West last year and they added some impressive pieces in free agency (Jake Long, Jared Cook) and the draft (Austin, Alec Ogletree for starters) this offseason.

Fisher admitted Monday that his team is young and that offers the potential for a stumble or 10 this season. But with the talent they've built up through free agency and the draft, their potential is scary. It's even scarier when you imagine we haven't seen anything from Austin yet.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I forced myself to go ahead and endure having to look at rome since Fish was the interview.

The Fuck :lmao:

I should first say that it's been a good long time since I've seen rome. I always thought that nothing could possibly be any gayer than the goat he "attempts" to grow on that pin-head mug of his.... But NO.... I was fucking mistaken.

LOL at that hair he' "sporting" in this clip. Epic

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Can't listen to Rome unless he's interviewing someone I really want to hear from. Comes off as a douche and unless you listen to him religiously you're not gonna get a lot of the inside jokes and stupid catchphrases the dude spews out every minute. He had/has a radio show that is like 3 hours long and if you cut out all the BS and fluff and the amount of time he repeats himself and beats the proverbial dead horse- the show adds up to about 10 minutes of worthwhile content. If that.

Then again you could say the same for most crap on the radio / tv these days.