Jeff Fisher with Frank Cusumano

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[av]http://www.insidestlaudio.com/Pressbox/060414-5PB.mp3[/av]

Football discussion starts at around 4:25. Prior to that it's about the softball game.

Did you chat with your son about the character level of Mason and Robinson?
Yeah, I did. You get a sense over time, having been a fan of following that program. You talk to coaches, scouts, everybody they're involved with. They're highly motivated, way ahead of the game from a lifting standpoint and preparation standpoint. Yesterday was our first OTA where we were able to interact with offense v defense, and we saw some good things.

On Robinson:
Inside at guard now, but eventually will go outside. Best place for him with veterans on either side of him. It's a settling factor when you've got guys like Jake Long and Scott Wells who can communicate and get the job done.

On Jake Long:
Doing well, participating in walk-throughs. Doing a lot of stuff on the side. Won't do anything in OTAs, but should be good to go at some point in camp.

On the receivers:
We feel good about this group. Britt had a great day on the practice field. We don't see this as a deficient position. We see it as a rising position with everyone getting better.

On Britt:
There was a knee, hamstring issue that he had to work through. It takes a while to get over it, but he looks outstanding now. We have a great training regime. He's running well, has his speed back, and he's a big receiver. He's very very competitive. Guys are enjoying having him in the locking room.

What do you wanna see from Bradford this year that we haven't seen yet?
If you project his numbers, keep him healthy, they end up being quite impressive. That's what we want. We wanna see him make good decisions, hand the ball off, understand that we've got an outstanding defense, and just win football games. He can certainly do that, so we have no concerns or reservations about that. He'll probably participate in half the OTAs, and good to go 100% for training camp.

FRO

Legend
I'm telling you Britt is Fisher's guy. Hope he is right.

jap

Legend
I was hoping to see improvement from the receivers and, especially, to see Britt climb back into primetime weapon mode. Hopefully, this becomes a continuous improvement for this young unit, arguably thew worst unit last season. With Sam coming back healthy, they can be a true weapon if Tavon is optimally employed as a DC's nightmare.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Fish sounding much better with Cusumano than he did on NFL AM...Fisher looked very tired on NFL AM although it was about 9:00am St. Louis time no reason to be tired then. Plus he called Maurice Alexander, Maurice "Douglass" which was concerning to me...Get some rest coach, you're going to need it because the division isn't getting any weaker.

Great question by Cusumano about Fisher's son Trent playing at Auburn and did that give them some inside information on the character of Robinson & Mason...I concur that Britt is Fisher's guy and many feel he was just brought in as insurance and I disagree IMO if healthy Fisher expects quite a bit from Britt.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fish sounding much better with Cusumano than he did on NFL AM...Fisher looked very tired on NFL AM although it was about 9:00am St. Louis time no reason to be tired then. Plus he called Maurice Alexander, Maurice "Douglass" which was concerning to me...Get some rest coach, you're going to need it because the division isn't getting any weaker.

Great question by Cusumano about Fisher's son Trent playing at Auburn and did that give them some inside information on the character of Robinson & Mason...I concur that Britt is Fisher's guy and many feel he was just brought in as insurance and I disagree IMO if healthy Fisher expects quite a bit from Britt.
Wonder if Fish was on an all-nighter at the time. I remember Vermeil said he used to pull 20 hour days and sleep in the office.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Wonder if Fish was on an all-nighter at the time. I remember Vermeil said he used to pull 20 hour days and sleep in the office.

Well, he did not look healthy to me at all and even gasped a few times, hopefully, he'll get more sleep, however, many wrote how excited he was to draft Maurice Alexander, well, Coach Fisher was so excited he doesn't even know his last name.:unsure:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, he did not look healthy to me at all and even gasped a few times, hopefully, he'll get more sleep, however, many wrote how excited he was to draft Maurice Alexander, well, Coach Fisher was so excited he doesn't even know his last name.:unsure:
You remember that really bad interview Bradford did with NFLN that one time? He was getting feedback in his ear (of his own voice) while he was talking, and it sounded like he had no idea what he was saying. Mispronouncing words, stammering, etc. It was pretty funny.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
You remember that really bad interview Bradford did with NFLN that one time? He was getting feedback in his ear (of his own voice) while he was talking, and it sounded like he had no idea what he was saying. Mispronouncing words, stammering, etc. It was pretty funny.

Yeah totally forgot about tat and also the technical difficulties that can arise durng an interview and I would give Fisher a pass if the Rams had another DB or even a player with the last name of Douglas, however, they don't. Much like John Madden during Ram games always referred to Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce as Isaac Holt!