Jeff Fisher: “We will bounce back”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I prefer listening to that a thousand times instead of, "I'll have to check with Reggie".

Coach Speak doesn't bother me.

Me neither, we've all known for years they aren't going to say much of anything win or lose.

Rambition

Rookie
like others, i was disappointed to see him say that the rams were "having fun" at practice following the loss to the 49ers. i still think he can get us to "the promised land," but i think he's going to have change his approach. by no means do i want him to morph into greg schiano, but i would like to see a bit of fire in him, fire that shows me his heart is still in being an NFL head coach, and that shows he means business to both his players and his opponents.

fisher has shown little or no inclination to change over the years, from what i can tell. so i'll just hope he'll take a cue from dick vermeil, who was convinced he needed to change his approach, and did...to a super bowl success.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Jeff Fisher: “We will bounce back”
So did that clown filled with sand at the bottom I used to get for Christmas. Then I would punch it in the face and it would go back down again.
C'mon some of you old timers remember this.

black-and-white-version-young-boy-punching-with-large-clown.jpg

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Big changes in our coaching staff are needed. We can't keep waiting and waiting for a winning season.

rambro29

UDFA
Fisher is the best HC we've had since Vermiel, IMO, while that might not be saying a whole lot, I still don't think he is the problem.

He is far from perfect, but if we're going to be the youngest team and go through the turn over we have since he arrived, I think he is one of the best guys to have.

I also don't know what you want him to say.
Its called "Coach-speak" for a reason...

You know I believed this after last season but sorry after all these debacles Fisher has to be held accountable. He's taken a Cadillac and turned it into a Jalopy. I was done with Fisher after the Cowboys game. Nothing has changed my mind.

LooNaTik83

I hope this "Bounce Back" comment made by Fisher, is as good as Aaron Rodgers "RELAX" comment. I want RESULTS!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
To be clear; that quote and the OP was 2 games ago.

Walter

Rookie
No offense taken, and none meant in return.
I would expect Fisher to at least be real with us. Something like,

"We have not played well these first 5 games. We will keep trying. We've got to make better decisions. The O-line needs to block better. We're gonna do our best to win, and we're not going to be an undisciplined team anymore. Our defense has only one sack in 5 games so it's our job to figure out why that is, and get on a role. I'd ask the fans to please hang in there with us as we are determined to improve and start winning."

The above would be a WHOLE lot better than,

"We played really tough out there tonight. There were some good things to take into next week. We'll bounce back. We'll be ready this next week."
Honesty would be great.

jjab360

Legend
He was right, we did bounce back. And then got knocked right back down again 10x harder than before. Of course.

Walter

Rookie
"Bounce back" to me means that at some point the object of the "bounce" was once elevated. I guess bounce back to 7-9 as that was the highest peak to this point of his tenure. I really don't want to bag on Fischer. I just want the rams to stop sucking.

jjab360

Legend
"Bounce back" to me means that at some point the object of the "bounce" was once elevated. I guess bounce back to 7-9 as that was the highest peak to this point of his tenure. I really don't want to bag on Fischer. I just want the rams to stop sucking.
I have dreams of the Rams being even an average team. I would welcome a "bounce back" to 7-9 with open arms at this point.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
I don't like losing and I want to blame somebody. That's human nature. Truth is I've always thought it's harder to find good head coaches and gm's than it is to replace players. So the thought that Fisher can't do the job here really freaks me out. So I talk myself off the ledge. Honestly what happened out there today was to be expected. All rookie dbacks. Hostile home crowd. Third friggin string qb. Yea I said it. Than your best wr and guard go out on successive plays. Total bs personal foul calls. WTF this is fishers fault how

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Not the coach's fault the players can't get the job done! Injuries and lack of experience are to blame! I did throw out my kool aid until next year!