Jeff Fisher says it was 'hilarious' to search for his challenge flag

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Rams Coach Jeff Fisher says it was 'hilarious' to search for his challenge flag

By Lindsey Thiry

Rams Coach Jeff Fisher dug through his pockets Sunday in search of his red challenge flag.

Television cameras watched. Broadcasters laughed. And the Internet rushed to create fresh 7-9 memes.

“I thought it was hilarious,” Fisher said Tuesday.

The Rams trailed the New England Patriots, 17-0, during the third quarter of an eventual 26-10 loss at Gillette Stadium.

After officials ruled that Rams receiver Brian Quick was out of bounds on a catch, Fisher checked his parka, grabbed his sweatshirt, felt his pants pocket and went through his parka again before he was forced to tell the sideline official that he wanted to challenge the ruling.

The official asked for Fisher’s flag. Fisher kept digging.

View: https://twitter.com/lindseythiry/status/805498875100348416

“I keep my flag in my back right pocket of my coaching pants,” Fisher said Tuesday. “I was a little underdressed in the first half, I started to get cold, so I put some wind pants on and then I put a jacket on. I had this really long jacket and then I was wired for NFL films and then I have a belt pack with two things on the side. I had taken the challenge flag and I had stuck it in one of the pockets of this big jacket.”

Officials reviewed the play and overturned the call, which resulted in a 17-yard gain and led to a 44-yard field goal — the Rams’ first points.

“It was just one of those funny moments on the sideline,” Fisher said.

Maybe, but no one was laughing after the Rams fell to 4-8. For many, it was another red flag about why Fisher should not have received a contract extension.

Luckily for Fisher, the Rams on Sunday will return to the sunny sidelines of the Coliseum against the Atlanta Falcons.

But someone better check his pockets before their Dec. 15 game against the Seahawks in Seattle.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
It was hilarious.
If we were 12-0 everyone would think so as well.

Much ado about nothing.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
It was hilarious.
If we were 12-0 everyone would think so as well.

Much ado about nothing.
That was pretty much my thought. If we were a winning team and he was a winning coach people would laugh at it. Instead they're laughing at him for yet another reason.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
I thought it was pretty funny and sad at the same time. Some Pats fans bout me a beer after this happened , so I was ok with it.

Bruce2980

Starter
Fisher was lying, he didn't think it was funny at the time, there was panic on written all over his face IMHO. Sure, he laughed it off later, but I think that was more for the show than anything else. I was embarrassed for him and actually felt bad, to me it just highlighted the fact that he was being out coached badly form the other sideline and on top of that, he was in the headlines all week for "banning" ED. I did not buy it when he was answering that question at the presser either. His response seemed forced and rehearsed. I hope he did find it funny and was able to sincerely laugh it off, but I would have been humiliated by something like that.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Hilarious? Not the adjective I would have used, but whatever.
This whole season has been hilarious.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
He looked like I do when my wife asks for some cash.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't think I would call it "Hilarious" when Your Team is getting it's Clock-Cleaned, your quality of Coaching is being Challenged, and, on National TV you can't find your own Red Flag when you need it!! "I call it " TOTALLY EMBARRASSING!!"

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I thought it was funny.
That's reassuring, because I did something similar just today. I had on cargo work pants (with 6 pockets total), while wearing a jacket with 4 additional pockets, and I had no idea where my shitty little iPhone 5 was. I checked 6 of the 10 pockets before I realized it was still in my car. :notsure:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That's reassuring, because I did something similar just today. I had on cargo work pants (with 6 pockets total), while wearing a jacket with 4 additional pockets, and I had no idea where my crappy little iPhone 5 was. I checked 6 of the 10 pockets before I realized it was still in my car. :notsure:
Is it red?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought it was funny.
Me too
In fact, I think it would be pretty funny if Fisher pulled a stuffed bunny out of his pocket on Sunday at some point, or a panties or something
Railing on Fisher over not finding the challenge flag is pretty weak IMO. Especially considering he did still make the challenge, and rightly had the call overturned.....