Jeff Fisher said Stacy is our 70% carry guy.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Coach Jeff Fisher said "over time" Zac Stacy will "probably be that 70-percent of the carries guy."
Stacy is essentially going to be Fisher's Chris Johnson. Johnson handled 925 of the 1,413 rushing attempts under Fisher from 2008-2010, which equates to a 65.5 percent clip. Take away Vince Young's carries and that percentage rises to over 70 percent. Fisher doesn't have a mobile quarterback in St. Louis. This is welcome news for fantasy owners. Stacy is going to be the focal point of the Rams offense and should play all three downs, even though he's not a great pass catcher. As long as the Rams hang around in games and Stacy stays healthy, he should have no problem eclipsing 300 carries in 2014. Stacy is on the RB1/2 fence.
Source: Jim Thomas on Twitter
Mar 26 - 1:31 PM

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I just hope he can hold up. He seems to come off the field a half dozen times a game a little dinged up. It's scary to watch as a Rams fan. You get that feeling every time that this might be the time he doesn't return to the game. And the bad part is he is a momentum runner that gets better as his carries increase in a game. He needs 25 carries a game to be most effective. I guess that's the main reason I want to draft another RB in the middle rounds for a little depth just in case Pead and Richardson can't find their way onto the field this season like last season.

iced

I just hope he can hold up. He seems to come off the field a half dozen times a game a little dinged up. It's scary to watch as a Rams fan. You get that feeling every time that this might be the time he doesn't return to the game. And the bad part is he is a momentum runner that gets better as his carries increase in a game. He needs 25 carries a game to be most effective. I guess that's the main reason I want to draft another RB in the middle rounds for a little depth just in case Pead and Richardson can't find their way onto the field this season like last season.

I disagree. When they shifted the offense from Bradford to Clemens, you could start to see a change in Stacy. Within a few games, he looked like he was lacking burst and was getting dinged up...i don't think he can handle the 25 carries a game, which is why I don't expect him to get more than 16-20 (his avg. w/ bradford was 16). The first 3 games w/ Clemens was 25, and it was a very noticeable difference

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Still think we need to draft a rb anywhere between the 3rd - 7th rounds. One with good pass catching ability. Right now I like Sims in the 4th or Grice in the 6th/7th. Would be a good complement to stacy.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
If he can stay healthy, and we draft who I think we might, he could be in the pro-bowl next year....

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Still think we need to draft a rb anywhere between the 3rd - 7th rounds. One with good pass catching ability. Right now I like Sims in the 4th or Grice in the 6th/7th. Would be a good complement to stacy.
I'd add Lache Seastrunk in that mix as well. These are the three on my wish list.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I disagree. When they shifted the offense from Bradford to Clemens, you could start to see a change in Stacy. Within a few games, he looked like he was lacking burst and was getting dinged up...i don't think he can handle the 25 carries a game, which is why I don't expect him to get more than 16-20 (his avg. w/ bradford was 16). The first 3 games w/ Clemens was 25, and it was a very noticeable difference

I guess I was basing that assumption on his body of work in college but I guess the NFL is testing his durability a bit. Maybe another year of NFL style conditioning will make a difference on his durability.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I'd add Lache Seastrunk in that mix as well. These are the three on my wish list.

I like Seastrunk, but have no idea if he can catch the ball or not. He had 0 catches this last year for 0 receiving yards. Sims and Grice had 40+ catches each.(45 for Sims and 50 for Grice to be exact).

Seastrunk did have 9 receptions for 109 yards in 2012, so who knows if it was just the system or what.

James White isn't a bad late round choice either. 39 receptions this last year.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I guess I was basing that assumption on his body of work in college but I guess the NFL is testing his durability a bit. Maybe another year of NFL style conditioning will make a difference on his durability.

I think it will. A lot of his "dings" were wind related from what I could see. I think we will be pleasantly surprised with his work after another offseason with the strength and conditioning coaches.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I think we'll be fine at backup running back. Between Bam Bam Cunningham and Pead, whoever can hang onto the ball gets the job!

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Stacy should get 70% of the carries and i feel Benny Cunningham and Richardson are competent backups for the change of pace role.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm still holding out a little hope that pead is gonna finally put it all together. He is our best pass blocking RB on the roster and should be the best recieving rb to if he can get his crap together.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

That's what I was thinking.

He's in a NFL program now. Let's see if that helps.

F. Mulder

Starter
I think Stacy is one of those backs who gets "nicked" up often. It's based on his style of running. He does a real good job of getting low and delivering blows but he still takes some shots because he is pretty fearless. As long as it's nothing major I can live with him having to take a few plays or even series off in a game. He still will always get his 18-25 carries but it does make his backup very critical when he does come off. I remember one game where Stacy went out and Cunningham came in and they didn't miss a beat. That was cool.

iced

I'm still holding out a little hope that pead is gonna finally put it all together. He is our best pass blocking RB on the roster and should be the best recieving rb to if he can get his crap together.

You're not alone brotha'. I hope Pead can put his crap together - they started to trust him more later into the season, even going as far as putting him in for the 2 pt conversion.. the "gotta have it" situations.. and he scored,which i'm helps with the confidence level.. it was actually a similar play that Phillie ran with Desean Fake/Mccoy out of the backfield

Pead is an example to me of why I don't mind players with character issues under Fisher - he knows how to mold these guys, problem is the younger they are, sometimes the longer it takes because they're immature.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I don't know Tron...I sure like the current Ram runners we have now Stacy WOW! then Cunningham very fast short back who will be two yrs removed from that knee injury, Pead a cut back faster back who can block and catch the ball, Richardson is quick and Tavon Austin is lightning in a Ram uni & then there is Reynolds. Looks to be just about right in my eyes. Not sure if there is room for more runners.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
+1
This can't be ignored. Its possible that with a higher % of reps and physical training in the offseason that Stacy's body is better prepared than last season i suppose.

I rewatched the week one game vs AZ last night and focused on Daryl Richardson. Guys he really looks good when healthy, just sayin. I expect a bounce back year for him in a reserve role. I'll be looking at Benny Cunningham's ball security in preseason. I dont care about Pead. He'll either step up this year or get cut.
With all those late round picks we've got i still want to find a versatile all-around RB who can do the things that Pead was brought here to do.