Jeff Fisher reiterates that Rams will be patient with Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
The guys just had the opportunity to play in front of 80,000 plus rabid fans, two games in a row. Name one rookie QB that has had the opportunity in the preseason. . . That is a situation that will certainly set the nerves on fire, but I'd say I was pretty impressed with the way he took that all in and made improvements.

We all saw mistakes - in both games. However I kind have gone in to games hoping he has a few hiccups and mistakes. Each of those mistakes he has made....he has already drastically improved upon.

TexasRam

Legend
I have huge concerns about how Fisher plans to develop Jared and the offensive approach.

Fisher is too hard headed to depart from his run first ball control mentality. Even the last game we saw the same crap. Letting the clock tick down when we should be hurrying up running the two minute offense at the end of the half.

The real issue is Fisher announces we will be a run first offense built around Gurley. First off, if you are going to announce what you are doing you are losing half the battle. Too damn predictable.

Jared needs to be out there slinging it around in preseason. This is the time to develop him and it should be with the first team, so he can have some blocking in front of him and not be thrown on his ass. A chance to ....you know succeed.

Fisher bothers me. Focus on defense and special teams dude. You do that well. You don't do offense well. Give it over to the coordinators and let them do as they please.

Now if Fisher continues this path of not developing Jared in preseason and running this ball control offense then might as well start Case in game 1.

jap

Legend
They're being patient, and yet playing him in adverse situations. He got his clock cleaned in his first game
Its incongruent

Did you expect the Cowboys to cooperate by taking it easy on our rookie QB? Their blitzing was unusually extreme for a pre-season game. Once Jerad got tagged, Fish elected to get him out of there rather absorb more punishment. Is this what you call "playing him in adverse situations"? How were the Rams suppose to know that Jerry Jones' were gonna go bat crazy in a pre-season game?

Why not see how he plays with Britt on the field?
Instead, when he's been in, he's the target
Once the season kicks in, the starter gets the primary work, and obviously the game time. Goff cant improve in game situations from the bench. And you speak as if there's some timetable for him getting in. There isn't. And chances are when he gets in, it wont be good situation

Where have I spoken as if there is a timetable? I simply think Jerad has much more to offer than Case, and I prefer to see Jerad brought up to speed as quickly as possible. There are still two more pre-season games to go for Jerad to continue to grow: there's no need to worry about regular season practice priorities just yet. Personally, I do not believe Case is good enough to be a legitimate starter, and I feel his limitations will be exposed early and often, especially when playing against the teams in his own division. That's why I wouldn't be surprised to see Jerad starting sooner than later.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jared needs to be out there slinging it around in preseason. This is the time to develop him and it should be with the first team, so he can have some blocking in front of him and not be thrown on his ass. A chance to ....you know succeed.

fisher is teaching him how to hand off with all the consecutive plays brown ran with goff in there.

goff to gurley will be record setting with fisher in charge.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
**(Btw, DB, off subject how ya liking Sanchez and Judge?)
C'mon Pa, you've known me for years. I've been clamoring for these young guys to get some at bats. Love watching the kids play. Sanchez with 2 more dingers last night. What a beast!