Jeff Fisher reiterates that Rams will be patient with Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
And only 16 points against a defense giving up almost 27 a game during their losing streak
But blame it on a missed 52 yard FG....
And no running game. If Gurley played in that game it would have been a Rams W

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Bad stats for his career? I don't think I need to look it up that Peyton Manning might just have a little edge on CK there
Talking about last year not his career. Players stats change year to year. The point is most of his career he did not win the SB but last year possibly his worst THEY won. Wins and Losses are team stats not QB stats.

Again if you aren't a FF player or agent, who cares what their stats are

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Talking about last year not his career. Players stats change year to year. The point is most of his career he did not win the SB but last year possibly his worst THEY won. Wins and Losses are team stats not QB stats.

Again if you aren't a FF player or agent, who cares what their stats are
Because teams are still preparing for Peyton Manning the HOFer which is a lot more difficult than preparing for Case Keenum

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's opposite of my point... did you even read my post?
Yes I read it, but dismissing the value of the two is silly.
Oh and BTW, after waiting 3 seasons to start, Rodgers went 6-10 in his first season.
Is that what we are hoping for as well?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Yes and we beat them at home with Foles and he's cut. Maybe Case should get the same.
Or the Rams won 3 or the 5 games that Keenum started and were 4-11 in the games he did not start in 2015. So if he started all 16 last year they would have won 9 or 10 games and been in the playoffs.:thinking:

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fuck patience. Enough of this nonsense. Let the kid loose. We don't need the same shit that kept Aaron Donald behind Kendall Langford for the first 4-6 games.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I agree, funny that the Eagles traded up to get Wentz, but if he sits, it's okay, whereas if Goff sits, it's a catastrophe...Overall, IMO, there will be the passing of the torch, however, at this juncture I would give Keenum the edge.

That's because Florio is a Jackass.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Or the Rams won 3 or the 5 games that Keenum started and on 4-11 in the games he did not start in 2015. So if he started all 16 last year they would have won 9 or 10 games and been in the playoffs.:thinking:

He also played the weak part of our schedule. His 2 losses came to teams that picked in the top 10. And only one of his three wins came against a playoff team. 9 of Foles's 11 starts came against playoff teams.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
He also played the weak part of our schedule. His 2 losses came to teams that picked in the top 10. And only one of his three wins came against a playoff team. 9 of Foles's 11 starts came against playoff teams.
I should have used the blue font for the second sentence. But I think a lot of guys are not giving him credit for what he and the team accomplished when he was given a chance and so far this preseason.

I know you think Goff needs to start game 1 but I'm not convinced and neither are a lot of other people smarter than me. He just does not look ready and as much as I want to see him do well I am a team first guy. I want wins not throw the whole year away so one guy can figure it out.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I should have used the blue font for the second sentence. But I think a lot of guys are not giving him credit for what he and the team accomplished when he was given a chance and so far this preseason.

I know you think Goff needs to start game 1 but I'm not convinced and neither are a lot of other people smarter than me. He just does not look ready and as much as I want to see him do well I am a team first guy. I want wins not throw the whole year away so one guy can figure it out.

The thing is that I think we can have our cake and eat it too with Goff starting.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Fisher made it clear that he expects to win 10+ games this year or its failure
And he has been stern in his support of Case so....

Well it's relative. He's been stern in his support of Case. He's also been clear Goff is their guy. Clear....by trading up and picking him #1. By getting him reps with the 1's. When he's ready to play, Fisher's support of Case will be as the backup. He expects to win 10+ games this year. But not necessarily with Keenum as a 16 game starter.

There are 2 schools of thought when it comes to high first round QBs.
Play them early and let them learn by fire
Sit them until they're ready to start.
Within those two schools, it all depends on the head coach, the surrounding offensive players, the incumbent #1 QB, the record as the season progresses.

It's a fun subject to debate and discuss but the bottom line is EVERYBODY knows what the plan is, especially Fisher......Goff becomes the #1 QB.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
The thing is that I think we can have our cake and eat it too with Goff starting.
I guess that is possible but highly unlikely even with Gurley. He would not be expected to carry the offense and I do believe Fisher would rather have it that way if Goff would just look more confident and be making more timely decisions. That hit he took instead of just throwing the ball away was a bit scary, more than the game 1 hit to me. The play was not there throw the fing ball in the stands.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess that is possible but highly unlikely even with Gurley. He would not be expected to carry the offense and I do believe Fisher would rather have it that way if Goff would just look more confident and be making more timely decisions. That hit he took instead of just throwing the ball away was a bit scary, more than the game 1 hit to me. The play was not there throw the fing ball in the stands.

And I bet he learned from that hit. Can't hold the ball an extra second in this league.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If only Goff looked as good as Aaron Donald in camp and preseason the first year...

Irrelevant. Fisher has a reputation for this nonsense. People warned me this would happen. I hoped that maybe he'd have learned his lesson. But he just doesn't seem to do that.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well it's relative. He's been stern in his support of Case. He's also been clear Goff is their guy. Clear....by trading up and picking him #1. By getting him reps with the 1's. When he's ready to play, Fisher's support of Case will be as the backup. He expects to win 10+ games this year. But not necessarily with Keenum as a 16 game starter.

There are 2 schools of thought when it comes to high first round QBs.
Play them early and let them learn by fire
Sit them until they're ready to start.
Within those two schools, it all depends on the head coach, the surrounding offensive players, the incumbent #1 QB, the record as the season progresses.

It's a fun subject to debate and discuss but the bottom line is EVERYBODY knows what the plan is, especially Fisher......Goff becomes the #1 QB.
At what point do we look at common era for "school of thought"? Because in the last 10 years it is a rarity that your top 5 draft pick QB doesn't start right away.
I just don't know how we can expect Goff to get ready during the season when snaps are limited, contact is limited and there is no game experience like there is in TC/PS. The most advantageous time to get him ready is during rehearsal season. And my concern is that when he will get a chance, he will be thrown to the wolves unlike using the opportunity that we have right now.
I find the precaution to be to a fault.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At what point do we look at common era for "school of thought"? Because in the last 10 years it is a rarity that your top 5 draft pick QB doesn't start right away.
I just don't know how we can expect Goff to get ready during the season when snaps are limited, contact is limited and there is no game experience like there is in TC/PS. The most advantageous time to get him ready is during rehearsal season. And my concern is that when he will get a chance, he will be thrown to the wolves unlike using the opportunity that we have right now.
I find the precaution to be to a fault.

Amen. He needs those reps. It's bad strategy to not get him the reps. Keenum is a veteran QB. He knows the offense. He's ready to go.