Jeff Fisher Postgame Press Conference - 9/25

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I cant view these things on my pc, has Fisher mentioned why he inexplicably went for 2 when up 11?
All's well that ends well for sure, but had Tampa gotten that 2 pointer and things panned out the way they did, Tampa is kicking a game tying FG at the end of the game

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I cant view these things on my pc, has Fisher mentioned why he inexplicably went for 2 when up 11?
My guess is he wanted to make sure the game was out-of-reach for the Buc's IF they stage a come back. A TD + a 2 point conversion and a FG would have ate up that 11 points, the Rams making that 2 pointer would have still given us a 1 point lead IF that had happened! JMHO

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Does anyone else feel like he's not actually saying anything here?
No I felt like he was happy and answering the questions, what did you expect him to say 5 minutes after the game?

All's well that ends well for sure, but had Tampa gotten that 2 pointer and things panned out the way they did, Tampa is kicking a game tying FG at the end of the game
If ifs and buts were candies and nuts blah

Rams won

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My guess is he wanted to make sure the game was out-of-reach for the Buc's IF they stage a come back. A TD + a 2 point conversion and a FG would have ate up that 11 points, the Rams making that 2 pointer would have still given us a 1 point lead IF that had happened! JMHO

That's the point. 11 + 1 = 12. Game out of reach unless they score 2 tds.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
That's the point. 11 + 1 = 12. Game out of reach unless they score 2 tds.

I was confused about it at first but it makes sense if you think about it. Bucs get a touchdown and a 2 pointer. Drive down with minimal time left and take a field goal which would only be 11. Onside kick or try to stop our offense and then get another score to win the game. Fisher was relying on his defense.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
XP would have made it 12, 2PT 13. Neither is advantageous
True enough, But you have to play the odds!!
Yes, the odds are much better kicking an XP than making 2pt conversion. Had Tampa converted theirs it would have been a 3 point game at the end

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was confused about it at first but it makes sense if you think about it. Bucs get a touchdown and a 2 pointer. Drive down with minimal time left and take a field goal which would only be 11. Onside kick or try to stop our offense and then get another score to win the game. Fisher was relying on his defense.
If Fisher is relying on his defense, why is he afraid they cant stop them for 3 scoring drives? It doesn't make sense. There was only 3 minutes left

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Does anyone else feel like he's not actually saying anything here?

Sometimes the Fish reminds me of that auto insurance commercial, where the client refers to the contract on page 9 or something where it explains everything in legal speak as; bla, bla. bla.....bla, bla, bla. bla.......he's sorta like that......I wanted him to bring up the player last week who proclaimed that "give the Rams 21 points and no-one can catch them"....well it's fortunate that the scored 37 this week, isn't it, because 21 sure wasn't going to get it done with their QB playing catch all day with his WR's.

DeaconJones

Rookie
This was my thinking s well. I couldn't quite fathom why we went for 2.

I thought this was a horrible mistake at the time. Take the high percentage single point and you are up by 12. That means TB needs 2 TDs to win. Go instead for the lower percentage 2pt play and blow it, and the Bucs only need a TD and FG to tie.

If TB had made their 2pt conversion to get to 37-34, then they would have had a chip shot FG attempt with 4 seconds left to tie it.

Gambling for a 13pt lead instead of taking a more sure 12pt lead does not compute. Unless the wind from the approaching storm made the kick less likely to succeed??? I haven't heard that argument though.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
I never get why Fisher did not go for the field goal and instead went for the 2-point conversion.

Was he thinking the two-point conversion was insurance just in case the Rams may have gone into overtime?

Ram65

Legend
B o r i n g :sleepz::sleepz::sleepz::sleepz::sleepz::sleepz::sleepz::sleepz::sleepz::sleepz::sleepz::sleepz::sleepz::sleepz::sleepz::sleepz::sleepz::sleepz:

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
glad im not the only one that didn't understand the 2 point try. 12 or 13 makes no difference go for 1. maybe they cant count?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
glad im not the only one that didn't understand the 2 point try. 12 or 13 makes no difference go for 1. maybe they cant count?
The only thing I can think of is that they wanted to make it a 13 point game so that *IF* the Bucs scored twice without us answering, their kicker (who was abject shit all game) would have to hit two extra points to win. He had already missed one (and a FG), so maybe they were just hedging their bets.