Jeff Fisher Postgame Press Conference - 10/23

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Searching to find the reason for Fisher's defense of Keeman and then it hits me. Is Goff so far from being serviceable that Fish is forced to support Keeman at all cost least the truth be know when Goff takes the field? I sure hope this isn't the truth.

I think Fisher is just flat out scared to start a rookie QB. With rare exceptions, his MO when it comes to offense is to coach scared, and it's often times been him MO with rookies.

Even with what we saw in the preseason, I don't think Goff could be that bad, and had some of the receivers he worked with in those game hung onto the ball, his numbers (and therefore, perception of him) would have been a lot better.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Searching to find the reason for Fisher's defense of Keeman and then it hits me. Is Goff so far from being serviceable that Fish is forced to support Keeman at all cost least the truth be know when Goff takes the field? I sure hope this isn't the truth.
I'm scared shitless about this. When Goff does finally debut I will be nervous as a cat...

RAMNATION

Rookie
I think Fisher is just flat out scared to start a rookie QB. With rare exceptions, his MO when it comes to offense is to coach scared, and it's often times been him MO with rookies.

Even with what we saw in the preseason, I don't think Goff could be that bad, and had some of the receivers he worked with in those game hung onto the ball, his numbers (and therefore, perception of him) would have been a lot better.
I couldn"t agree more. I work with a die hard Titans / Oilers fan. when he Rams hired Fisher he laughed loudly, he said in three years I would hate Fisher as much as he does. Fishers Offense is defensive. how has he lasted

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
There defo was ;) ..just giving my point of view ... I'll try and keep the venom out next time
Yeah - that was me. I moved it to the vent thread. We try not to have the board cluttered with threads that are more venting than otherwise. I didn't want to because it contained the presser. I felt I had to per the vibe of the initial post that went with it. Sorry about that. Well... sorta. ;)

RedRam

Pro Bowler
At this point, I don't want to hear anything else but, "I quit!" coming from Fisher. I will watch no further press conferences or listen to any further interviews involving anything but Fisher's departure. Too much talk, too little action...things have to change.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How about the three times they were 4th in short in Giants territory and not once did he go for it ? If he has so much faith in his coaching and Keenum why not gamble a little bit ? The D was exceptional all day and we still can't win . Fisher thinks he's the smartest man in the room , and maybe he's right . Who else do we know that gets 1 million per win ?

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

Clearly how Fisher evaluates the QB position Is suspect - so how can that suspicion shouldn't fall on Goff's shoulders when he hasn't even taken an NFL snap?

Goff would have been everyone's #1 or #2 in this years draft - he is our future franchise QB just as Gurley is our franchise RB and Donald is our MVP, Hekker is great, we have talent, and they all got a chance to fight for a starting job. Goff has never gotten that chance.

this has nothing to do with Goff's talent.

This is 100% a Fisher's move pure and simple cause he's decided not olaying Goff is the best move for the franchise.....and he's f'ing wrong

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm scared shitless about this. When Goff does finally debut I will be nervous as a cat...
lol..If Goff BLOWS, we will be well on our way to becoming the new Factory of Sadness...(notice the lack of blue font)

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
We could listen to a presser from last year , or 4 years ago...or even from his Tennessee days and it would still sound the same. Same loser-talk. Same posturing and self-righteous/smug mentality.... like he's in on some secret we don't know about.

This wave of anger and despair all week, then being hopeful again on Sunday mornings, just to have it all happen all over again. Please wake me from this nightmare.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
His next presser will Golf improved so much over the by week he will start. Bank it

Bruce2980

Starter
His next presser will Golf improved so much over the by week he will start. Bank it
I see no reason for Fisher to announce that Goff is the starter today, and I wouldn't be surprised if either QB started against Carolina. Keeping my fingers crossed though, but not necessarily hopeful.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I see no reason for Fisher to announce that Goff is the starter today, and I wouldn't be surprised if either QB started against Carolina. Keeping my fingers crossed though, but not necessarily hopeful.

Yup. No reason to let them prepare extra for Goff. A lot of people expected this to be the week that Goff got promoted anyway, and 3 losses in a row and a bunch of INTs make it easier. But let the Panthers waste a tiny bit of practice time preparing for Keenum, if at all possible.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
No I meant the wed before the game or even game time but that will be his excuse for his I'm staying with Keenum

fearsomefour

Legend
Confirms what I thought.

Britt stopped on the post because he didn't think he was primary receiver (the bomb that was missed early in the game)
Quick missed the audible adjustment on the last play of the game.
Yeah.
Britt.
Dude will always be this dude.

fearsomefour

Legend
Oh, okay. I get it.

I don't think that excuses anything Keenum did prior to this game. BUT, I did hear Fisher kinda blame Cooper for that pick-6 against Buffalo. So, in a sense, I think you may be right. I think he's FULLY in Keenum's camp and will find ways to protect him from the media. All that said, a few of those interceptions weren't his fault, and I'm talking about all of the games - not just this one. The first one today (keystone cops pick-6) was a tipped ball that probably should have been caught. If it's because Tavon is too short and has to jump to get to a point where Britt or Quick would only have to raise their hands, then I'd stop running him over the middle and only use him on slants and crossers where you can lead him.

OR.

See if Goff can hit a 5'7 receiver in the chest consistently.
That ball hit Austin right in his little tiny Trump hands.
He also fumbled twice. 10 catches, a 5.7 yard per catch average.....but made a nice adjustment on a ball thrown behind him on the TD. He is a strange player.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That ball hit Austin right in his little tiny Trump hands.
He also fumbled twice. 10 catches, a 5.7 yard per catch average.....but made a nice adjustment on a ball thrown behind him on the TD. He is a strange player.

he's not the one calling the plays.