Jeff Fisher on McLeod Penalty Hit “Do it again.”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ztoben

Professional NFL Couch Analyst
Name
ztoben
Can't wait to see Barron and TJ destroying WRs on a weekly basis.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
It's true. I don't know what else he was supposed to do there...Let him catch the ball?

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
The Tavon Austin 'mic'd up' link on the same site is really good...

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Loved the hit and it was clean.

But, hard hits like that are going to draw a flag almost every time.

So long as it doesn't cost the Rams a game, keep it up.

But us fans will not be as enthusiastic about these hard hits if one ends up costing us a game.

Such a fine line between hard hitting being a positive... or a negative.

Just be smart about it is what I guess I'm saying.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Loved the hit and it was clean.

But, hard hits like that are going to draw a flag almost every time.

So long as it doesn't cost the Rams a game, keep it up.

But us fans will not be as enthusiastic about these hard hits if one ends up costing us a game.

Such a fine line between hard hitting being a positive... or a negative.

Just be smart about it is what I guess I'm saying.
Of course we'd be upset if something like this costs us a win but I don't think you can ever tell a football player to avoid hitting, especially when the hit was a legal one.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Of course we'd be upset if something like this costs us a win but I don't think you can ever tell a football player to avoid hitting, especially when the hit was a legal one.
Yes, of course not.

But McLeod could have accomplished the goal without absolutely annihilating Sanders (and incurring the penalty). And I understand the concept of "sending a message".

But, had the game been closer... or that play gave the Broncos momentum and the Rams lose, we would be typing very different things about the hit, no?

As it was, things worked out great for the Rams.

I'm just saying be smart about those types of hits. Make sure the penalty that will assuredly accompany it doesn't come back to cost you a game.

Know what I'm trying to get at?

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Yes, of course not.

But McLeod could have accomplished the goal without absolutely annihilating Sanders (and incurring the penalty). And I understand the concept of "sending a message".

But, had the game been closer... or that play gave the Broncos momentum and the Rams lose, we would be typing very different things about the hit, no?

I'm just saying be smart about those types of hits. Make sure the penalty that will assuredly accompany it doesn't come back to cost you a game.

Yes, I totally get your point. And, you are correct, it that had turned the game the other direction I'd still be pissed, but at the officials, not McCleod. I just don't think there were many other way to play that one and the hit did indeed send a message.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It's true. I don't know what else he was supposed to do there...Let him catch the ball?

Had he wrapped him up as he made contact no penalty would have been called. But players dish out hits like that when they have a chance so I understand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
As well he should (tell him to do it again).

MrMotes

Starter

Big hits like that bring us wins, even if they draw the occasional flag, which they will...

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, I totally get your point. And, you are correct, it that had turned the game the other direction I'd still be pissed, but at the officials, not McCleod. I just don't think there were many other way to play that one and the hit did indeed send a message.

i'm sure opposing wrs will be hearing footsteps when they play the rams. anything that helps distract them from catching the ball is a plus in my book.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
In a rush trying to break up a possible big gain it is impossible to think about every facet of how to break up the pass yet do it as safe as possible.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Wasn't there a movie Called "Let's do it again!"?

wmc540

Pro Bowler
Yes, of course not.

But how do you measure the impact of Sanders being knocked out of the game. Couldn't we have potentially have lost the game had he stayed healthy? I think you are asking to measure something that can't be measured either way. Knock them out is my vote.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Yes, of course not.

It isn't like in the .2 seconds while he is running toward the guy he is thinking about what if, he is making a play, a legal play. Unless the rules change to give points for penalties that play is not going to "cost a game"

I'm with Fisher, do it again

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
My guess is that the charger receivers are gonna have their heads on a swivel this Sunday. :snicker:

ME LIKEY