Jeff Fisher on fake punt: I liked the look

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"That type of approach in special teams has taken us a long way.”

Really, Fish? If "a long way" means under .500 year in and year out , then well, I guess you're right.
Actually, those plays have helped them out in years past.

Going off memory, I'd guess trick ST plays have turned a few losses into victories.

Problem is... Fisher is now known as a coach who will do that... the element of surprise has probably gone from an 8 (on a scale of 1-10, where 10 is effective) to a 2.

Can't keep going to the well... it's getting drier and drier every time.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wish he'd start gambling on offense and try to get a touchdown by throwing the ball into the endzone when we're in the red zone. That's a gamble I can get behind. At least there if we don't succeed we maintain field position.
what kind of crazy talk is this ? .. pretty fitting username when you have this kinda attitude ..throw for touchdowns ?? in the Endzone ?? really ??? next you'll be telling me its not a good idea to run a fake punt inside your own 20

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The fake punt would have worked had Hekker thrown the ball instead of a run play by Marquez. Too bad Benny Cunningham was not available. Otherwise, it would have been Hekker to Cunningham fake punt for a first down.

Either way it is selfless of Fisher trying to be a HERO instead of trusting your defense. You out there backs against the wall.
It's Fishers world !!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Actually, those plays have helped them out in years past.

Going off memory, I'd guess trick ST plays have turned a few losses into victories.

Problem is... Fisher is now known as a coach who will do that... the element of surprise has probably gone from an 8 (on a scale of 1-10, where 10 is effective) to a 2.

Can't keep going to the well... it's getting drier and drier every time.

You want to talk about it ???
--I''m freaking still upset about him going for it against The Niners last season. Talk about not being bright . He is stubborn.