Jeff Fisher not thinking about USC job, staying with Rams/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Jeff Fisher not thinking about USC job, staying with Rams
By Nick Wagoner
ESPN Staff Writer

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...eff-fisher-refutes-link-usc-head-coaching-job

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- St. Louis Rams coach Jeff Fisher was nowhere near a television when ESPN college football analyst Lee Corso threw out his name as the guy who should be at the top of USC's wish list for its next coach.

On Tuesday, after Fisher and the Rams returned from their bye, he said he intends to fulfill the 2012 agreement he reached with owner Stan Kroenke to be St. Louis' coach.

"I didn't see it because I was in a place with no TV, which is a good thing," Fisher said. "I've heard things, but no. I appreciate whatever anybody else is saying out there, but I made a commitment to Stan here, and I'm going to keep that commitment."

That commitment includes the 2016 season. Fisher signed a five-year deal in 2012. That contract came with an estimated $7 million annual price tag.

In discussing the vacant USC job on Saturday's edition of College GameDay, Corso said that if he were in charge of the USC program, Fisher would be his top target, but he did not say Fisher was considering the job or that USC was pursuing him. Fisher's name comes up seemingly every time the USC job opens because Fisher played for the Trojans from 1977 to 1980 and still holds his alma mater in high regard. When USC parted ways with coach Steve Sarkisian last week, Fisher's name popped up again.

Fisher expressed concern for Sarkisian and confidence that USC would find the right replacement.

"We all are hopeful that Steve gets his life back together and gets things in order," Fisher said. "It's unfortunate that sometimes the personal things affect the business. We all have to respect [athletic director] Pat Haden and [senior associate athletic director] J.K. McKay and the decision that they made and hope they are moving in the right direction and Sark can get things back together so he can get back on the sideline."

Before USC hired Sarkisian in 2013, Fisher was brought up as the "favorite" for the job, but when asked, he called the rumors "absurd."