Jeff Fisher Joins ESPN’s NFL Insiders

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
ESPN’s NFL Insider Host Suzy Kolber talks to Rams Coach Fisher: He talks about Nick Foles and how he fit in immediately and went out of his way to develop relationships with everybody as soon as he got here. Gurley is a little frustrated because he wants to get out there. The O-line will be counting on some rookies, “which does not scare us at all”. When Chris Long and Will Hayes says these guys are Ok, you’ve got to feel good about it. Fisher talks about the new extra point rules and about avoiding the distraction of a possible move of the team.

Listen to Fisher Interview
Interview Begins at 9:30

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, if Chris Long thinks Havenstein will be ready that makes me breathe more easily.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Too many people are making a big deal about the Rams starting two rookies on the Oline. Teams start rookies on the OLine every year and it is not some big disaster. I don't see how it can be any worse than last years line and the Rams still managed to score points and keep their QBs healthy through the season.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Yes, if Chris Long thinks Havenstein will be ready that makes me breathe more easily.

This won't go over well on this board, but I've seen Long handled by some inferior OTs during his time with the team. :whistle:

But, I hope he's right.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This won't go over well on this board, but I've seen Long handled by some inferior OTs during his time with the team. :whistle:

But, I hope he's right.
Everyone gets handled at times this is the nfl they're all very good player doesn't mean a player of chris longs caliber with his football knowledge can't identify a solid player

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

But, I hope he's right.

May the Good Long forgive you of your blasphemy!

With Long, I think he has good days and bad days like most guys do.
Until last season, he never missed a game or something like that, right?
I think he has played through some injuries we never knew about or didn't know the severity.
I expect a healthy Long to reap the rewards of being surrounded by super freaks this season. (The entire D-line!)

Plus, there was a time when Chris Long was just about the only un-embarrassing thing about this team.

And, he's awesome. Boom.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

But, I hope he's right.

I don't remember them. Now good ones? Sure. I give him a mulligan for late last season. He wasn't healthy so don't count those games.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With all due respect to Chris Long and coach Fisher, I will be the scared if we start the season with basically 3 rookies against guys that will try a LOT harder than Chris Long in practice.

I know... not very optimistic... I am sorry.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Go watch tape of him.This guy is what you look for in a Right Tackle.6"7 w/long arms.He is a baller,& plays until whistle.He is not all that athletic,he still gets to the next level.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
C.Long may not be elite in terms of skill, but he knows technique and he's seen more OLineman than anyone else on our DLine. I trust that.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
With all due respect to Chris Long and coach Fisher, I will be the scared if we start the season with basically 3 rookies against guys that will try a LOT harder than Chris Long in practice.

I know... not very optimistic... I am sorry.
Yeah, I'm pretty much of the same opinion here. We open against Seattle. That could be ugly if our O line is abused the way rookie O linemen are.

Remember even Pace wasn't very good as a rookie. I think this is why the Rams were stressing quick passing so much this year, because (just my own thoughts here) the Rams don't think they could hold a legit D-line up on a 7 step drop back. I know this is the pessimistic view, but I don't see this line being very good this season. It might be a lot better in 2016 though.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
What annoys me is the assumption that the line will suck. It may, it may be a horror show that makes last year's line look like 5 All Pros playing together. But there's nothing suggesting that that will be the case, hell there's more evidence to suggest it will be a solid middle of the road group if the players we picked aren't busts. How about we let it play out and then complain?

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I'm a bit more than just cautiously optimistic about Hav. Not "all in" just yet, but definitely optimistic.

Too many games as a 3 year starter in a respected college OL program.

Too many rushing yard gains by Gordon, among others, during Hav's career.

I believe coach Boo will get him up to speed quickly this summer.

I also believe that Hav will receive TE help early on, if needed.

BTW, I understand that Hav had exceptionally low sacks allowed and penalties in '14.

His transition to the NFL will not be like that of GRob last year.

Anyway, I see Hav as an upgrade to Barks by mid season at the latest. Probably sooner.

For that matter, I'm pretty enthused about our other OL rookies, as well. Can't wait for those camp reports.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What annoys me is the assumption that the line will suck. It may, it may be a horror show that makes last year's line look like 5 All Pros playing together. But there's nothing suggesting that that will be the case, hell there's more evidence to suggest it will be a solid middle of the road group if the players we picked aren't busts. How about we let it play out and then complain?
C'mon now... there are some fans who think the Oline will struggle because - right now - it's projected to have basically three rookies along it (rookies lining up side-by-side).

I don't think it's illogical to wonder if that will be a problem. Lots of experience at the college level doesn't always translate to coming out of the gates as an effective lineman in the pros. Although, there are examples of guys doing just that. Unfortunately, there are far more examples of kids struggling at first than there are of kids stepping in without missing a beat, so to say.

The same assumptions made by fans who think they might struggle are made by fans that say they will be fine.

I absolutely agree... let's just see how it turns out.

But there will be discussion from now until we actually see what they truly are when the bullets are flying.

I can respect those that differ from me and thinking they'll be fine... all I ask is that respect in return.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Lots of experience at the college level doesn't always translate to coming out of the gates as an effective lineman in the pros. Although, there are examples of guys doing just that. Unfortunately, there are far more examples of kids struggling at first than there are of kids stepping in without missing a beat, so to say.

Is that actually the case? Looking at PFF (I know) of their top 10 RTs 7 of 10 graded out as positive in their first season starting. For OGs it's 10 out of 10, and for C it's 7 out of 10. 24 out of 30 seems like more having early success than struggling. Of course not all player's 1st season starting was their rookie year, but I always hear whoever's starting at C referred to as "effectively a rookie", so it seems fair to apply the same here. And of course the players we drafted might just not be very good, but then we have a more long term problem than next season.