Jeff Fisher Is Ready To Face Patriots Running Backs "Brandon" And "Danny"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Based on some of the responses, Im sure I will get a ton of dislikes and that is fine.

This is a microcosm of what is wrong with this team. I honestly think Fisher has no idea who the back up running backs for NE are. It is why this team is under prepared and undisiplined.

Its Wednsday and Fisher has been reviewing tape on the next opponent and yet he has not idea who the back up running backs are for his opponent. If he was studying the Jets game plan from last week (which was a good game plan) he would of noticed that the back up running backs did the following for New England.
Dion Lewis, 6 carries and 4 receptions.
James White 4 Receptions.
Its not like these guys didnt play.
White and Lewis are weapons that NE likes to use in passing situations. I would even bet that both played in close to 20 snaps in this game. They are players that need to be accounted for, so the fact that our HC cant not rattle of those names of the top of his head is beyond me.
Yeah, as a fan, you want to believe it's Fisher playing games.

But, as you mention, this team has come out flat and appears unprepared so many times, I have to lean to the side that he simply didn't know.

Which is just plain embarrassing. He gets paid to know the details. Think Bellichick doesn't know every player on the Rams by Wednesday... at least the ones that play a fair amount of the time? Of course not. Think Nick Saban doesn't know his opponents inside and out? Of course not.

If the Rams didn't have a five year track record under Fisher of so many games where they simply look lost too often, I'd give the benefit of the doubt... but I've seen too much sloppy play to do that.

He is having a very bad week.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
White has been a major 3rd-down weapon all season long - the Pats use him like the Rams use Benny, although a little less actual running and a little more pass-catching. If it's 3rd and medium or long, Williams would be wise to have Barron shadowing White wherever he goes.

Same goes for Lewis, although he's only played two games and it's still not totally obvious how much he's recovered from his injury. Prior to the ACL, he was the most dynamic player on the Patriots - he's pretty fast, exceptionally elusive, and really, really football smart. You will need someone light and agile defending him - 'Tree should be able to do it, I'd think. Him at MLB was probably the best defensive choice the Rams made this year.

I agree. I do think Barron will end up covering both backs. Ogletree also has enough speed to cover those guys.

I was a big fan of moving Ogletree inside, he has played well. He has made his share of mistakes but that goes with changing positions. Clearly an upgrade over JL though.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I agree. I do think Barron will end up covering both backs. Ogletree also has enough speed to cover those guys.

I was a big fan of moving Ogletree inside, he has played well. He has made his share of mistakes but that goes with changing positions. Clearly an upgrade over JL though.
I didn't expect him to transition to MLB as seamlessly as he has, but the guy is a weapon against both run and pass.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
There was a time when I thought of Fisher as a calculating mind with an incredible sense of management and a collected personality. Now I think of him more as a mostly clueless mind with an incredible stubbornness and an under-the-table personality.

Come on Fish... Even I know who the Pats RBs are...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/01/rams-jeff-fisher-was-referring-to-danny-amendola/

Rams: Jeff Fisher was referring to Danny Amendola
Posted by Mike Florio on December 1, 2016

497325572-e1480606746695.jpg
Getty Images

Call it the case of one too many Danny.

On Wednesday, Rams coach Jeff Fisher made a generic reference to “Danny” during a conference call with New England media. Because Fisher was discussing running backs at the time, some have assumed he was referring to Danny Woodhead.

As in the Danny Woodhead who last played for the Patriots in 2012. And who has played for the Chargers since 2013.

“Coach Fisher was referring to Danny Amendola, who played for the Rams,” a Rams spokesman told PFT. “He was talking about some of the threats they have.”

Complicating the situation was Fisher’s reference in virtually that same breath to what “Brandon [has] done out of the backfield.” But running back Brandon Bolden has only one rushing attempt and two pass receptions in nine 2016 games.

The Rams confirmed that Fisher was referring to Bolden, “not so much about production, but the different ways they line him up.” The Rams added that Fisher has a flip card listing the opponents players at each position in front of him for all conference calls.

These realities haven’t stopped the anti-Fisher crowd, spurred by Hall of Fame running back Eric Dickerson (whose Twitter page continues to suggest he’s trying to get Fisher fired even if Dickerson claims he isn’t), from presuming that Fisher was talking about a guy who hasn’t played for the Patriots in more than 3.5 seasons and from assuming that Brandon Bolden’s lack of statistics doesn’t mean he’s not a threat.

And to anyone (especially members of the New England media who were on the conference call) who may be inclined to question the credibility of the team’s explanation, there was an opportunity to ask follow-up questions about “Danny” and “Brandon” during the conference call. For whatever reason, no one did.

Bruce2980

Starter
Fish is just freaking with Belicheat's head for having such a sad sable of RBs. Reports are coming out about how Bill is so pissed that he may have sent out a video crew to follow Jeff.

I'm sure Fish and Co. have game planned and watched film on all of them... but I don't blame him for not remembering these particular less than spectacular RB's names. They're freaking scrubs.
Phoenix radio, Ron Wolfley, believes that Fisher and Bilicheat are taking back handed shots at each other. Fisher is known as one of the biggest "Richards" in the world, from what Wolfley, and Eric Dickerson (family member of the LA Rams, whom is not allowed to answer honestly about his opinion on the O side of the ball, or else he doesn't get cookies from Fisher), has heard, and neither Bilicheat or Fisher like each other. Bilicheat, whom Wolfley claims to know well, was "too" fond of Hecker and his use as a weapon. Let's get real, The GSOT would not have any use for Hecker, but an offense as incompetent as Fisher's, well then, Hecker is a "weapon." And Fisher was insulting the RBs behind Blount, whom by the way Fisher likes so much because he gave him his start in the NFL. In fact, Fisher thought so highly of Blount that he cut him.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Phoenix radio, Ron Wolfley, believes that Fisher and Bilicheat are taking back handed shots at each other. Fisher is known as one of the biggest "Richards" in the world, from what Wolfley, and Eric Dickerson (family member of the LA Rams, whom is not allowed to answer honestly about his opinion on the O side of the ball, or else he doesn't get cookies from Fisher), has heard, and neither Bilicheat or Fisher like each other. Bilicheat, whom Wolfley claims to know well, was "too" fond of Hecker and his use as a weapon. Let's get real, The GSOT would not have any use for Hecker, but an offense as incompetent as Fisher's, well then, Hecker is a "weapon." And Fisher was insulting the RBs behind Blount, whom by the way Fisher likes so much because he gave him his start in the NFL. In fact, Fisher thought so highly of Blount that he cut him.

I glad I'm not the only one who thought that Fish was throwing barbs at Belicheat. I really believe that's what was going on.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
I glad I'm not the only one who thought that Fish was throwing barbs at Belicheat. I really believe that's what was going on.

Yep anybody with half a brain understands what's going on with these two. But then you have the guys that just don't get it

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep anybody with half a brain understands what's going on with these two. But then you have the guys that just don't get it
Well, count me in with the group that doesn't get why a coach who was just eviscerated on the road in New Orleans, would trade barbs with a coach that would have no issue landing a 50 burger on the Rams

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
They have never liked each other and if you think billacheat was serious about hecker I don't know what to tell you. Another thing is if you really think fisher doesn't know who plays for New England your blind hate is getting in the way. Last weak was the perfect storm and Williams calls the D not fisher. It's getting rediculous on this board with the fisher hate. I don't like him either but every post every day is the same shit

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Spin after spin coming out of the Rams organization covering for Fisher. getting real old, starting to think Demoffs dad being Fishers agent plays a big role in this.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Spin after spin coming out of the Rams organization covering for Fisher. getting real old, starting to think Demoffs dad being Fishers agent plays a big role in this.

The Rams "spin" is no different than the enormous amount of anti-Fisher spin being cranked out.

People who cant separate their dislike of his W/L% from the rest of who Jeff Fisher is will run with any story that they think validates their desire to see him fired.

At this point, half of Rams Nation are about as painful to read as the Rams are to watch.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
The Rams "spin" is no different than the enormous amount of anti-Fisher spin being cranked out.

People who cant separate their dislike of his W/L% from the rest of who Jeff Fisher is will run with any story that they think validates their desire to see him fired.

At this point, half of Rams Nation are about as painful to read as the Rams are to watch.

I'm failing to see the point, so 1 spin is ok and the other isn't?

It's not all about the W/L, the team is moving backwards if you haven't noticed. You shouldn't just assume everyone is just mad about his W/L, there are multiple reasons why people are losing faith in Fisher. Fisher didn't exactly have the best W/L record when he was signed.

Yea and I'm sure some people feel the same about all the Fisher fanatics that buy into any excuse he pumps out.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm failing to see the point, so 1 spin is ok and the other isn't?

It's not all about the W/L, the team is moving backwards if you haven't noticed. You shouldn't just assume everyone is just mad about his W/L, there are multiple reasons why people are losing faith in Fisher. Fisher didn't exactly have the best W/L record when he was signed.

Yea and I'm sure some people feel the same about all the Fisher fanatics that buy into any excuse he pumps out.

The point?
You mentioned "the spin by the Rams" and I commented that it's both sides.

The point is "the spin" is something that you blindly accept from one camp and then ignore from the other because it suits your means.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
The point?
You mentioned "the spin by the Rams" and I commented that it's both sides.

The point is "the spin" is something that you blindly accept from one camp and then ignore from the other because it suits your means.

Because I posted a article thats all over the internet, radio, TV, ect I accept 1 view and 1 veiw only? lol you like to make alot of assumtions and group anyone that has diffrent views than you into the same categorys. I wont reply to anymore of your posts.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Based on some of the responses, Im sure I will get a ton of dislikes and that is fine.

This is a microcosm of what is wrong with this team. I honestly think Fisher has no idea who the back up running backs for NE are. It is why this team is under prepared and undisiplined.

Its Wednsday and Fisher has been reviewing tape on the next opponent and yet he has not idea who the back up running backs are for his opponent. If he was studying the Jets game plan from last week (which was a good game plan) he would of noticed that the back up running backs did the following for New England.
Dion Lewis, 6 carries and 4 receptions.
James White 4 Receptions.
Its not like these guys didnt play.
White and Lewis are weapons that NE likes to use in passing situations. I would even bet that both played in close to 20 snaps in this game. They are players that need to be accounted for, so the fact that our HC cant not rattle of those names of the top of his head is beyond me.

There might be something to what you say. Belichick, for example, can probably list the Rams' special teams depth and rattle off strengths/weaknesses of each based on what they have on preseason tape. The dude is THAT prepared.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Because I posted a article thats all over the internet, radio, TV, ect I accept 1 view and 1 veiw only? lol you like to make alot of assumtions and group anyone that has diffrent views than you into the same categorys. I wont reply to anymore of your posts.

No reason to get surly about it... but if you insist.

Let me rephrase myself -
"The point is "the spin" is something that some people blindly accept from one camp and then ignore from the other because it suits their means".

Last edited: