Jeff Fisher Is Ready To Face Patriots Running Backs "Brandon" And "Danny"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Okay, Jeff Fisher has to be messing with everyone. How could a man work in the league for this long if he were actually this dumb and uninformed? NFL coaches are stupid in many ways, but they’re at least obsessive about their jobs. Today, the Rams head coach appeared to be using years-old intel to plan Sunday’s game against the Patriots.

When asked about the Patriots’ trio of running backs—the question didn’t mention their names, but they’re LeGarrette Blount, Dion Lewis, and James White—Fisher said, “They’re all different.” He complimented LeGarrette Blount, whom he signed with the Titans as an undrafted rookie, but cut before the regular season. Then, Fisher talked about “Brandon” and “Danny.” Via NESN:

“I’ve been impressed with Brandon and what he’s done out of the backfield. You’ve got to deal with him, in addition to Danny. You’ve got playmakers all around, so we have to play sound defense.”

The audio’s here, at about the five-minute mark, if you want to analyze whether Fisher knew he was wrong. Brandon Bolden, who used to play a larger role with the Patriots, has one rush for four yards and two catches for 15 yards this season. Danny Woodhead hasn’t played for the team since 2012. It feels safe to say that “Brandon” and “Danny” do not plan to have major roles in New England’s running game this weekend.

http://deadspin.com/jeff-fisher-is-ready-to-face-patriots-running-backs-br-1789528753

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Could he mean Danny Amendola? Idk who Brandon would be. Maybe Lafell? Jesus what a train wreck.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My group chat blew up with people making fun of my Rams, so I had to Google it. :unsure:

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Brandon Boldin (on the roster, 4th string) and the prevailing theory is Danny Woodhead (not on the Patriots since 2012)

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Brandon Boldin (on the roster, 4th string) and the prevailing theory is Danny Woodhead (not on the Patriots since 2012)

well at least we know fisher has turned the df over to gw wish we could say the same for the of.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I think the Jeff Fisher hate has gotten so out of hand that people are looking for anyway to bash him.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Thousands of players in the NFL, names might get mixed up in one's head. Big deal.

Psycho_X

Legend
Uhhh, I don't know. I can't keep track of the Patriots magical chairs of RBs over the years either but it's also not my job to know. All though I did know Woodhead was on Chargers. Im guessing he meant Amendola because of his brief past connection to him being a Ram.

Either way, hes not having the best week.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Fish is just fucking with Belicheat's head for having such a sad sable of RBs. Reports are coming out about how Bill is so pissed that he may have sent out a video crew to follow Jeff.

I'm sure Fish and Co. have game planned and watched film on all of them... but I don't blame him for not remembering these particular less than spectacular RB's names. They're fucking scrubs.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Fish is just freaking with Belicheat's head for having such a sad sable of RBs. Reports are coming out about how Bill is so pissed that he may have sent out a video crew to follow Jeff.

I'm sure Fish and Co. have game planned and watched film on all of them... but I don't blame him for not remembering these particular less than spectacular RB's names. They're freaking scrubs.

i

LeGarrette Blount

So far 869 yards, 12 TDs

Not too scrubby actually. Wish Gurley had those stats. What does Blount have that Gurley doesn't?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
i

LeGarrette Blount

So far 869 yards, 12 TDs

Not too scrubby actually. Wish Gurley had those stats. What does Blount have that Gurley doesn't?

Yeah... Fish got his name right. Maybe you didn't read the thing through.

It was the 2 guys behind him that were purposely named wrong.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Based on some of the responses, Im sure I will get a ton of dislikes and that is fine.

This is a microcosm of what is wrong with this team. I honestly think Fisher has no idea who the back up running backs for NE are. It is why this team is under prepared and undisiplined.

Its Wednsday and Fisher has been reviewing tape on the next opponent and yet he has not idea who the back up running backs are for his opponent. If he was studying the Jets game plan from last week (which was a good game plan) he would of noticed that the back up running backs did the following for New England.
Dion Lewis, 6 carries and 4 receptions.
James White 4 Receptions.
Its not like these guys didnt play.
White and Lewis are weapons that NE likes to use in passing situations. I would even bet that both played in close to 20 snaps in this game. They are players that need to be accounted for, so the fact that our HC cant not rattle of those names of the top of his head is beyond me.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
i

LeGarrette Blount

So far 869 yards, 12 TDs

...a passing game and a functional (if not spectacular) offensive line?

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Based on some of the responses, Im sure I will get a ton of dislikes and that is fine.

This is a microcosm of what is wrong with this team. I honestly think Fisher has no idea who the back up running backs for NE are. It is why this team is under prepared and undisiplined.

Its Wednsday and Fisher has been reviewing tape on the next opponent and yet he has not idea who the back up running backs are for his opponent. If he was studying the Jets game plan from last week (which was a good game plan) he would of noticed that the back up running backs did the following for New England.
Dion Lewis, 6 carries and 4 receptions.
James White 4 Receptions.
Its not like these guys didnt play.
White and Lewis are weapons that NE likes to use in passing situations. I would even bet that both played in close to 20 snaps in this game. They are players that need to be accounted for, so the fact that our HC cant not rattle of those names of the top of his head is beyond me.
White has been a major 3rd-down weapon all season long - the Pats use him like the Rams use Benny, although a little less actual running and a little more pass-catching. If it's 3rd and medium or long, Williams would be wise to have Barron shadowing White wherever he goes.

Same goes for Lewis, although he's only played two games and it's still not totally obvious how much he's recovered from his injury. Prior to the ACL, he was the most dynamic player on the Patriots - he's pretty fast, exceptionally elusive, and really, really football smart. You will need someone light and agile defending him - 'Tree should be able to do it, I'd think. Him at MLB was probably the best defensive choice the Rams made this year.