Jeff Fisher: 'I'm betting on' Sam Bradford in 2015

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It could be Austin (Davis), it could be Shaun (Hill).
gross_dean_supernatural.gif

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Jason Smith was drafted in a very poor year for LT draftees. He never panned out as a LT and had to yield that position to Rodger Saffold, who was a solid choice and highest graded player on the OL his rookie year. However, Jason Brown grossly underplayed his contract and never looked like an impact player. Jacob Bell had severe issues keeping his weight up and got progressively less effective the longer the season wore on as he lost poundage. So only one of those four panned out. Something was grossly wrong with the evaluation process if a coaching regime is wrong on three of four OL starters.

Jason Brown lost his desire to play and he became a farmer. That is what can happen when a guy joins the losingest team over the last 5 years.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jason Brown lost his desire to play and he became a farmer. That is what can happen when a guy joins the losingest team over the last 5 years.

he never wanted to come to the rams, he just couldn't refuse the insane amount of money the rams offered him. the worst kind of FA you can sign.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jason Smith was drafted in a very poor year for LT draftees. He never panned out as a LT and had to yield that position to Rodger Saffold, who was a solid choice and highest graded player on the OL his rookie year. However, Jason Brown grossly underplayed his contract and never looked like an impact player. Jacob Bell had severe issues keeping his weight up and got progressively less effective the longer the season wore on as he lost poundage. So only one of those four panned out. Something was grossly wrong with the evaluation process if a coaching regime is wrong on three of four OL starters.
Nobody saying otherwise. But the Rams did make the moves, made the investment in the oline that you are saying they need to do. They went about it the right way, just went with the wrong horses

jap

Legend
Nobody saying otherwise. But the Rams did make the moves, made the investment in the oline that you are saying they need to do. They went about it the right way, just went with the wrong horses

I suppose this group was so ridiculously ineffective, it felt like absolutely nothing had been done. Essentially, we got Beetlejuice and little else. Too bad we didn't have Coach Bou during those years for his input, after he was fired as a scapegoat by Linehan for the teams' offensive woes.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I suppose this group was so ridiculously ineffective, it felt like absolutely nothing had been done. Essentially, we got Beetlejuice and little else. Too bad we didn't have Coach Bou during those years for his input, after he was fired as a scapegoat by Linehan for the teams' offensive woes.

While I respect Boudreau, he's no miracle worker.

Impossible to say that, had he been with the team when Spagnuolo and Devaney were there, the Oline would have performed much better.

Look how this performed this year... the man can only do so much.

Got to evaluate better, aquire better and then he can do his job better.

jap

Legend
While I respect Boudreau, he's no miracle worker.

Impossible to say that, had he been with the team when Spagnuolo and Devaney were there, the Oline would have performed much better.

Look how this performed this year... the man can only do so much.

Got to evaluate better, acquire better and then he can do his job better.

I don't regard Paul as a miracle worker per se, but he has been asked way too often to turn marginal NFL talent into serviceable OL men. I would much rather see him get a chance to work with more blue-chip or red-chip talent than late round picks or NFL castoffs. After two consecutive ACL injuries to the leading QB, he has an excellent case to demand more talent.

jjab360

Legend
It's probably the smartest decision, the time to not bet on Sam was last year in what could turn out to be a loaded QB class, unless we can work out a trade for Mariota there's no real alternative this year.
Last year was a loaded QB class? :confused: My god have we set our standards low lol.

Last year was a loaded QB class? :confused: My god have we set our standards low lol.

There was little at the top, but we weren't drafting a QB at the top regardless, but there were 4 or 5 QBs who I'd happily have starting for us next year who were drafted from the late first onwards. But yes having watched Sam stand in a tracksuit for the last 27 games my standards have dropped some.