Jeff Fisher confident in getting O-line fixed/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Dammit Bonifay, I'm just now getting my coffee to kick in. Yeah, worded poorly.

Of the three options that we're aware of: Barks, Wiz and Blalock. I think the biggest benefit is getting Barks back (the caveat is at a good price).

1) Barks has played well in the past and could get back to that level of play.
2) He's still young and we can lock him up and have a decent player for the next few years.
3) Continuity on the line.
4) Shows we try to keep and reward our own (which may have a small but important affect on other Rams).
5) Durable.
6) This is just my opinion but I think at a decent price and with Barks being a backup before, I think even if we sign him, we wouldn't have a problem relegating him to the bench if a draft pick took his position. I think he's a great swing tackle. This might be naive... I mean, no one could ever be accused of that on the internet.

Maybe Blalock could beat him out as far as benefits but I think that would only be the case at a "very" friendly contract that allows us to cut him loose after one or two years.

bandre10

UDFA
Name
Brandon
Am my the only one that wants Jared Cook to be cut? That would probably free up a nice amount of cap space.

Alan

Legend
WestCoastRam thinking JB can play left tackle:
I think he's a great swing tackle.
JB has struggled at RT and his weakness is defending the pass rush from speedy DEs. If he's forced to play LT he'd be eaten alive. He's never going to be any kind of solution at LT IMO. His value as a backup is strictly at RT with maybe a small chance of success as a backup at Guard in a dire emergency. If we sign him I hope most of the guaranteed money comes in the first year so that we can replace him with a true swing tackle with more upside.

Everything else you said sounds reasonable to me.

Last edited:

Alan

Legend
bandre10 alone on a desert island:
Am my the only one that wants Jared Cook to be cut? That would probably free up a nice amount of cap space.
Probably one of the few.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Dammit Bonifay, I'm just now getting my coffee to kick in. Yeah, worded poorly.

Of the three options that we're aware of: Barks, Wiz and Blalock. I think the biggest benefit is getting Barks back (the caveat is at a good price).

1) Barks has played well in the past and could get back to that level of play.
2) He's still young and we can lock him up and have a decent player for the next few years.
3) Continuity on the line.
4) Shows we try to keep and reward our own (which may have a small but important affect on other Rams).
5) Durable.
6) This is just my opinion but I think at a decent price and with Barks being a backup before, I think even if we sign him, we wouldn't have a problem relegating him to the bench if a draft pick took his position. I think he's a great swing tackle. This might be naive... I mean, no one could ever be accused of that on the internet.

Maybe Blalock could beat him out as far as benefits but I think that would only be the case at a "very" friendly contract that allows us to cut him loose after one or two years.

Thanks for your quick response..so sorry bout that :coffee: situation about my timing. I will try to remember your on super Tard time where I am just on slow time here (CTZ). Never mind Alan:D he is on super fast time where he reads it before you put it down:LOL:, but I agree with Alan on his Barksdale swing OT opinions.

Maybe some faster acting very dark coffee like Starbucks Komodo Dragon Blend would help:). Boy I wish I could have seen Joe Barksdale play using your eyes I would feel different than I do now. I will agree with you on your points #2, #4 & #5(y). I could not agree with your #1,#3 & #6.

IMO the signing of Justin Blalock as one of our starting OG's is a tremendous improvement over last yrs starting OG Davin Joseph. If Justin was teamed with Robinson on the left side his all pro experience & yrs. of starts would come in handy with the very young 22 yr old starting OLT. The Justin Blalock signing could give options where Saffold can return to the right side either @ ORG or ORT if needed. Everyone wants Saffold back over on that right side. Blalock signing would insure this!(y) I could also insert Stefon Wisniewski signing in the same spot as Blalock & could say the same thing.

I see no improvement in the Rams OL if they sign Barksdale to start @ ORT.

Alan

Legend
LACHAMP46 not seeing value:
the definition of INSANITY is:
________________________________, and expecting different results....o_O:hellno::stop::seizure:
First of all, I've been married three times so....
Secondly and more to the point, Had JB been our weakest ling on the O-line we'd have won a bunch more games. He isn't very good but we've put ourselves in a bad situation and I DO NOT want to go into the draft needing to get 3 starters. Fish might pretend like we have options already on our roster but I'm not falling for that bull. When you go out bar hopping looking for some to fix you some breakfast in the morning even the ugly ones look good at closing time. Especially if they can make a mean ham and cheese omelette.

Plus, who's to say I'm not already insane?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I don't think Barnes has signed yet...Are you predicting his retention?

Come on LACHAMP46, don't say you don't know the answer to that question?o_O You just told on yourself.....I am heart broken:(

When have I not said that Tim Barnes was going to be in the hunt for the starting post? Even after he was not offered tendered on his RFA status. I always seen a solid OL in Tim Barnes & no way that Bou, Fisher & Snead do not know that.

Alan

Legend
ram007 thinking CB:
Rams will go BPA in draft selecting CB tray waynes with pick #10
I've seen that on several mocks.

I'd have to say I'd be extremely upset if the take anybody on the defensive side of the ball at #10.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
What if the Rams BPA is an offensive lineman???

image.jpg

ram007

Starter
I've seen that on several mocks.

I'd have to say I'd be extremely upset if the take anybody on the defensive side of the ball at #10.

I understand your position. With Cooper and White gone, is there a Offensive guy worth #10?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I understand your position. With Cooper and White gone, is there a Offensive guy worth #10?

What would be the ideal move if both those WR's are off the board? What is worth a #10 pick? "You trade back down" with the NFL teams who have drool on themselves for all those 34 defensive prospects all sitting there in that top 10 bundle in order to collect second day selections to get ammo to go where you could not have gone before.

Alan

Legend
ram007 looking at only one option:
With Cooper and White gone, is there a Offensive guy worth #10?
If that's true and I'm not saying it is, I'd trade down. Easily done IMO if you're not asking for the moon.

I just noticed that Bonifay is, as usual, one step ahead of me. :LOL:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If that's true and I'm not saying it is, I'd trade down. Easily done IMO if you're not asking for the moon.
I just noticed that Bonifay is, as usual, one step ahead of me. :LOL:

Thanks, its good two old guys can get a chance to be ahead once in a while at the cost of the other old guy.;)

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
who's to say I'm not already insane?

In answer to your question: I don't think anyone is saying that!!

I think even trading down from 10 and up from our second pick makes sense in this draft for us r/e the OL.