Jeff Fisher: Competition committee will look at “numerous proposals” to expand replay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-look-at-numerous-proposals-to-expand-replay/

Jeff Fisher: Competition committee will look at “numerous proposals” to expand replay
Posted by Josh Alper on February 20, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpta3mdrln2rkzwu0n2mzyzmzyzrmnzzhzmuwodiwm2e2.jpeg
Getty Images

Earlier Friday, we shared some comments from Lions General Manager Martin Mayhew about proposed changes to what can be reviewed via replay in future seasons.

Mayhew wants coaches to be able to challenge penalty flags thrown by officials if they believe that no penalty has occurred and he’s not the only person who wants to see replay expanded into this area. During his Friday appearance on PFT Live, Rams coach and longtime competition committee member Jeff Fisher said there are “numerous proposals” in that area that the group will look at when they start their meetings next weekend.

Fisher said that “if we go down that path is be very specific on what’s reviewable and what’s not,” something that Mayhew addressed in his comments by saying he’d like the replay option to exist only after a referee has thrown a flag. The committee will eventually decide whether to recommend a change to owners, who would then vote on a possible change to the system.

Fisher said that the committee will also be looking at issues involving taunting and sportsmanship as well as an annual look about the rules governing what constitutes a catch while adding that he felt player safety rules appear to be “real good.”

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Everything except non calls. Because then they could challenge that a hold occurred, and almost every play would be reversed.

Yeah,,, I never even considered non calls, as in penalty calls, to be in consideration. But that's a good point.

Just what is called. I see no problem AT ALL with everything that's been called being reviewable. EVERYfuckingthing.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Pass interference, roughing the passer, personal fouls all need to be reviewed. Do it fast - like in hockey. These penalties are game changers!

And stop with the BS "down by contact" nonsense on potential fumbles! play it out - then watch the tape. Every team complains about this!