Jeff Fisher calling the defense; Will Walton be fired?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Couldn't we get Lovie Smith if he doesn't get the head gig at Houston or will he only take a HC job?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Couldn't we get Lovie Smith if he doesn't get the head gig at Houston or will he only take a HC job?

Lovie will get a HC job... if not the Texans; elsewhere. If not this offseason; next.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Fish hired Walton. So, if Walton is under-performing, it's still on Fisher IMHO.
Correct so let's hope he realizes the err of his ways and fires him or Walton does the right thing and heads back to college.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Lovie will get a HC job... if not the Texans; elsewhere. If not this offseason; next.
Lovie will get a job this season too good of a Head Coach if the Cowboys totally plummet I could see Lovie in Dallas. His defensive staff would be in place and he could retain Bill Callahan as OC which was Lovie's achilles heel in Chicago!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fisher needs to let him go. His zone defense is not good and the players can't execute it properly. On top of that, we play way too soft, our blitzes are poorly disguised and our coverage is easily deciphered and predictable.

I hope Fisher grabs a good DC this off-season and then takes a hands off approach. I'm worried Fisher might be partially to blame for this scheme.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
One can only hope! Fingers crossed.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Oh? I wonder how long he's been doing this and if our defensive struggles line up with him taking over the helm.

I was wondering why Walton would just suddenly stop calling man pressure and blitzes like he was doing, looks like old Fish likes his zones a little too much to let them go.

Did Walton ever call man pressure?
I don't recall seeing Fisher call too many zones.
I'm sure he's mixed it up, but from what I've seen, Walton is the one calling mostly loose/passive zone coverages.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Fisher needs to let him go. His zone defense is not good and the players can't execute it properly. On top of that, we play way too soft, our blitzes are poorly disguised and our coverage is easily deciphered and predictable.

I hope Fisher grabs a good DC this off-season and then takes a hands off approach. I'm worried Fisher might be partially to blame for this scheme.

I agree

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I like others hopes Fisher makes some changes to his staff in the offseason. With the Titans cleaning house he will have his pick of his former staff as well. Tim Walton needs to go and I can only hope that Fisher and Gregg Williams will have no hard feelings after not keeping his son Blake.

I think all of us would be much happier with Gregg Williams as the DC next year and either Walton is fired or demoted, but I for one would like not have Walton back next season. IMO Ray Sherman the WR coach should be sent walking as well.
All of THIS.