JB Long on OTAs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Mods, should we just do an OTA's thread?

I think I see only 3 OTA related topics and the each have the potential to be individual conversations based on each OP. I say lets see how things go.

One comment I was going to make on JB’s notes; I am not sure what he meant by tight end ROOM… by accenting room. Unless it was simply a QTY of headcount comment.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I like the comments about the TE's, they have a new coach in Nick Caley & 4 solid options in Higbee, Hopkins, Long & Davis Allen. I am truly hoping for more 12 personnel as I expect Long or Allen to be the blocking TE paired with Higbee.

WestCoastRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like the comments about the TE's, they have a new coach in Nick Caley & 4 solid options in Higbee, Hopkins, Long & Davis Allen. I am truly hoping for more 12 personnel as I expect Long or Allen to be the blocking TE paired with Higbee.
Will be really interesting to see what happens. Though if Puka can remain healthy or McCutcheon can really come on this year I think we'll be stuck in 11 personnel a lot again this year. (Though those two having success will probably mean we're in good shape doing that).

If Allen can block as well as he did in college though, I do think we'll see an uptick - even slightly - in 12.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
If Sean McVay is even half as smart as I think he i, he will dual back his 11 sets and increase hus 12 sets this year.

All signs this offseason point to Rams being interested in expanding and improving their TE corps.

WestCoastRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If Sean McVay is even half as smart as I think he i, he will dual back his 11 sets and increase hus 12 sets this year.

All signs this offseason point to Rams being interested in expanding and improving their TE corps.

Well, I don't think you change formations just to change them but I suspect we'll see an uptick closer to the amount of 12 personnel we ran when we had Mundt if Allen pans out as a blocker, if he pans out even more as a receiver, probably a tick more.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
One comment I was going to make on JB’s notes; I am not sure what he meant by tight end ROOM… by accenting room. Unless it was simply a QTY of headcount comment.
I took his meaning as they look like a full group of TEs. As opposed to what that room was last season.

Must mean that Long looks good out there, and maybe even Hopkins too. Which of course is meaningless to some degree with OTAs but I'll take whatever positivity I can get.

I will say that Long when he came out as a third rounder was viewed as a quality prospect. So there certainly is room to have a much stronger TE1-2 combo out there when McVay wants to switch it up. And if Hopkins can finally push a bit for playing time we should definitely have a stronger room at the position because the kid Allen is a very intriguing talent.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think I see only 3 OTA related topics and the each have the potential to be individual conversations based on each OP. I say lets see how things go.

The Rams last season had basically 2 TE’s last season.
Higbee is fresh & really taking to being a mentor.
I Love The Haters. Here is a player that is one of The Biggest team leaders & Ram Fans want to cut him to save Cap Space.He is when said & done The BEST TE in Rams History.
The big question is going to be who actually makes The Rams roster(53) come cuts?