Jax trading Monroe to Ravens..

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Per Sheftler
Pending a physical, Jacksonville has agreed in principle to trade OT Eugene Monroe to Baltimore, per league sources.

@RapSheet #Jaguars are trading OT Eugene Monroe to the #Ravens, per source, for multiple draft picks. Pending physical

Jax is cleaning house, throwing in the towel on the season.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow. Big time move. Putting Joeckel at LT. RT transition hasn't worked well.

Wish the Rams would go after a HB.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Someone actually flew a banner-plane across the stadium last week with "TEBOW" blazing behind.

V3

Hall of Fame
jrry32 said:

I haven't really paid attention to Jacksonville this year. Has Joeckel not played well at RT?

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
jrry32 said:

We have a good RB on the bench, He never gets play time. Zac Stacy.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
LosAngelesRams said:
jrry32 said:

We have a good RB on the bench, He never gets play time. Zac Stacy.
Without playtime you really have no way to gage him being good.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Stacy had his chance and blew it. And it has nothing to do with his running. He is the worst of a horrible group of running backs when it comes to blitz pickup.

Pead is the best of the group but he can't stay out of the doghouse.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pead was a bad draft pick. That's the root of the problem. Since drafting SJ 9 years ago, they drafted only 2 RBs in the top 4 rounds. Leonard and Pead. Leonard was a total bust in 2007. And now so is Pead. The only other RB they drafted in the top 6 rounds is Stacy, and he doesn't look like much so far.

The Rams are paying the price for not investing enough in drafting RBs and poor draft evaluation of the ones they picked.

iced

max said:
Pead was a bad draft pick. That's the root of the problem. Since drafting SJ 9 years ago, they drafted only 2 RBs in the top 4 rounds. Leonard and Pead. Leonard was a total bust in 2007. And now so is Pead. The only other RB they drafted in the top 6 rounds is Stacy, and he doesn't look like much so far.

The Rams are paying the price for not investing enough in drafting RBs and poor draft evaluation of the ones they picked.

unless we have adrian peterson in the back field, it doesn't matter who's back there with the way the run blocking has been the last 2 weeks

But pead a bust already? wow. not even played 20 games yet nor has he had a chance to start (for whatever reason)

V3

Hall of Fame
iced said:
max said:

unless we have adrian peterson in the back field, it doesn't matter who's back there with the way the run blocking has been the last 2 weeks

But pead a bust already? wow. not even played 20 games yet nor has he had a chance to start (for whatever reason)

It's because he's a head case,not for whatever reason. It's been pretty well documented.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
V3 said:
iced said:
max said:

It's because he's a head case,not for whatever reason. It's been pretty well documented.

This point can't be ignored I don't think. Regardless of what anyone thinks of Pead, Richardson, Stacy and Cunningham, the offensive line just isn't getting it done for Shottenheimer's game plan.

And to me this has been addressed via. free agency, but they really need to draft and develop the kind of OL players they need to run their scheme yesterday. If you can't protect your quarterback and you can't run the ball, you basically fail.

It really makes me wish they had just focused on the defensive side of things before building a veteran offensive line with no depth that can't support the run.

V3

Hall of Fame
Zaphod said:
V3 said:
iced said:
max said:

This point can't be ignored I don't think. Regardless of what anyone thinks of Pead, Richardson, Stacy and Cunningham, the offensive line just isn't getting it done for Shottenheimer's game plan.

And to me this has been addressed via. free agency, but they really need to draft and develop the kind of OL players they need to run their scheme yesterday. If you can't protect your quarterback and you can't run the ball, you basically fail.

It really makes me wish they had just focused on the defensive side of things before building a veteran offensive line with no depth that can't support the run.

I'm not forgetting that point. I'm just explaining why he hasn't had much of a chance. It seemed like iced didn't know why Pead wasn't getting many chances. You could also say the fumbling is part of the head case factor which also contributes.