Jax Groin Injury?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
ESPN101 guys just asked Fisher on air and he said it was a groin issue. But commenters now discussing it, and don't necessary believe it, saying Jax never had any ice on him and that Softli got no injury reports.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
interference said:
ESPN101 guys just asked Fisher on air and he said it was a groin issue. But commenters now discussing it, and don't necessary believe it, saying Jax never had any ice on him and that Softli got no injury reports.
Hearing conflicting reports on that right now.

I did see someone say that trainers had him wrapped up in a towel as he was coming off, but he certainly didn't look hurt during that spike either. I suspect we'll never get the whole story on this one.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
interference said:
Hearing conflicting reports on that right now.

I did see someone say that trainers had him wrapped up in a towel as he was coming off, but he certainly didn't look hurt during that spike either. I suspect we'll never get the whole story on this one.
Yeah, I'm not sure if Fisher will want to embarrass him publicly, which would be a good move on his part if that's the case.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Could be an attempt to save face?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Durin the game it was one of those "messages" sent to the team.

I bet he's up and beastin next week.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Per Bernie:

Steven Jackson was injured

Just a quick update from the Rams' locker room... when I asked coach Jeff Fisher about why Jackson didn't play after spiking the ball and drawing a 15-yard penalty. Fisher said Jackson had a groin strain, and that it wouldn't have been right to put him back in. With Jackson out, the Rams turned to rookie RB rushed 15 times for 83 yards including a 53-yard breakaway. And, of course, the late fumble that could have led to an unhappy outcome for the Rams. Here's what I don't understand: when a player comes out of a game because of an injury, the news is announced in the press box. That's the custom. Well, this time, that custom was broken. The Rams never disclosed the reason for SJ's removal. No announcement was made. That prompted a lot of speculation. Seems to me, the Rams could have avoided that by simply disclosing the injury.

13 minutes ago
http://sulia.com/channel/st-louis-rams/ ... ce=twitter

bluecoconuts

Legend
I wouldn't doubt that he was sore, but he probably could have played if needed. Probably a little bit of both really. I feel that the message was sent by the end, but they just didn't feel like risking anything serious with Richardson playing as well as he was.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
The other thing you have to remember is that by the end he would have been cold. Not only did Richardson play well enough to earn the reps, he was warmed up too. We are discussing the "message" that may or may not have been sent, but what about the message that would have been sent if Richardson got hooked after playing pretty well? Names play before production?

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
ScotsRam said:
The other thing you have to remember is that by the end he would have been cold. Not only did Richardson play well enough to earn the reps, he was warmed up too. We are discussing the "message" that may or may not have been sent, but what about the message that would have been sent if Richardson got hooked after playing pretty well? Names play before production?

I think SJ was running every bit as well as Richardson did. I dont think it would have come across as names before production.

If I had to speculate as to what occurred, I'd guess SJ was benched for the next series. By the time we got the ball the next go around his groin had tightened up to the point where putting him back in would have risked serious injury. IMO that would explain why no injury was reported. He was originally pulled for other reasons.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Here is Fisher's comment on the SJ situation:

“I didn’t get a look until late," Fisher said. "I thought he scored. Steven thought he scored. He spiked the ball. He didn’t spike the ball in anger because he wasn’t called in (for a touchdown). He put the ball across the plane, so he spiked the ball.”

I dont think he is being entirely truthful with that statement. I think he's covering for SJ.

We all know SJ has had the same TD celebration for the past several years, which I think is pretty bad ass, but it certainly isnt a spike. I doubt he changed.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
libertadrocks said:

“I didn’t get a look until late," Fisher said. "I thought he scored. Steven thought he scored. He spiked the ball. He didn’t spike the ball in anger because he wasn’t called in (for a touchdown). He put the ball across the plane, so he spiked the ball.”

I dont think he is being entirely truthful with that statement. I think he's covering for SJ.

We all know SJ has had the same TD celebration for the past several years, which I think is pretty bad ass, but it certainly isnt a spike. I doubt he changed.
It looked like a "fuck you" spike to me.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Just saw hi-lights on NFL Network and they showed SJax with two guys holding towels around him and what appeared to be someone looking at his groin/leg. So, I would say that he had a leg injury of some sort and they held him out for pre-cautionary reasons.

By the way... any word on Saffold and Hunter? It appeared that trainers were taping Hunter's ankle after he came out.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
MontanaRamFan said:
Just saw hi-lights on NFL Network and they showed SJax with two guys holding towels around him and what appeared to be someone looking at his groin/leg. So, I would say that he had a leg injury of some sort and they held him out for pre-cautionary reasons.

By the way... any word on Saffold and Hunter? It appeared that trainers were taping Hunter's ankle after he came out.

Hunter came back. Tough SOB.

Saffold is probably gonna get the standard ole MRI tomorrow.

Which, of course, is VICTORY MONDAY.

bluecoconuts

Legend
DR RAM said:
libertadrocks said:

It looked like a "fuck you" spike to me.

It probably was. Like I said in the chat, I used to "accidently" knock into a ref or chip a puck towards them in hockey, and that was high school. When refs are dictating the game it pisses guys off at every level. Professionals or not, they're still human. Jackson was probably not happy about what was going on.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
MontanaRamFan said:

Hunter went back in. IDK about Saffold. Didnt look good. They called him questionable to return tho, so who knows

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
libertadrocks said:
MontanaRamFan said:

Hunter went back in. IDK about Saffold. Didnt look good. They called him questionable to return tho, so who knows

Boudreau is working some magic with this OL. Very impressive. Not gonna get any easier when we face the Bears next week.