Jaws would take Nick Foles over Russell Wilson and it’s “not even close”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
If Jaws just stuck to breaking down the QB position (as it's his strength), he'd be taken more seriously. It's when he starts prognosticating about QBs (both pro and college) that he gets himself into trouble. Just stick to what you know and stop climbing out on limbs.

Truthfully, I think anyone who spends too much time in the "ranking" game is engaging in fluff.

I'm interested in analysis that breaks down a specific play, shows consistent positive and negative characteristics, how teammates interact with each other - to me that's meat and potatoes.

I doubt any coach has many sleepless nights because some talking head ranks their quarterback lower than the quarterback they're playing.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Foles doesn't throw it that much either. Would have been 30th in attempts per game if he'd started all 16.

This isn't a shot at you but why I hate stats. You say he would be 30th, OK. But the shitchickens as a team were 31st. Philly was a few spots ahead of them. But my point (and what Ron Jaworski is getting at) is Russell Wilson isn't a focal point, while Nick Foles is asked to do more b/c of the style of offense he's in.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Wilson is the most overrated QB in football IMO. Can't wait til our defense exposes him. I'm more worried about playing Foles this year.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Foles is going to be the real deal, if you watched him at all last year you'd agree. Maybe he wasn't slinging it 40 times a game but he didn't need to and when he does throw it's accurate. He looks really good and I've been saying he is going to be an excellent QB.

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
Being from the Philly area I can wait for this year to get here! I think Foles will have a good year but will be shown to be an avg QB. Last year he had the advantages of being in a new system with very little tape for D cord to study. He also played one of the weakest schedules and feasted on team like the Raiders (7 TDs and over 400 yrds) to pad his stats. I think this year with their first place schedule and playing the NFC W we will see if he looks as good as last year. Remember he like to hold on to the ball too long and there will be a lot more tape on him! Rob Ryan game planned and shut him down in the NFC wildcard game last year holding him to 195 yrds and most of that was after Keenan Lewis was injured and the Saint had to adjust their D. Every D cord will be looking at that game plan.

Hoping that Sam sack Foles and does a sack and bump-n-grind dance on him!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Being from the Philly area I can wait for this year to get here! I think Foles will have a good year but will be shown to be an avg QB. Last year he had the advantages of being in a new system with very little tape for D cord to study. He also played one of the weakest schedules and feasted on team like the Raiders (7 TDs and over 400 yrds) to pad his stats. I think this year with their first place schedule and playing the NFC W we will see if he looks as good as last year. Remember he like to hold on to the ball too long and there will be a lot more tape on him! Rob Ryan game planned and shut him down in the NFC wildcard game last year holding him to 195 yrds and most of that was after Keenan Lewis was injured and the Saint had to adjust their D. Every D cord will be looking at that game plan.

Hoping that Sam sack Foles and does a sack and bump-n-grind dance on him!

I'm sure glad you put that in your post.

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
I'm sure glad you put that in your post.

Well you know I hope if Sam make the team it is purely based on performance and that he helps the team win. Sam is all I hear about from Egals fans. It would be nice to see him do well especially against the Egals! Most Egals fans I know think this is a game they already have in the win column so I am hoping for a beat down of the Birds!

AZRamsFan93

Well you know I hope if Sam make the team it is purely based on performance and that he helps the team win. Sam is all I hear about from Egals fans. It would be nice to see him do well especially against the Egals! Most Egals fans I know think this is a game they already have in the win column so I am hoping for a beat down of the Birds!
That I can agree with, not so much on the dance stuff.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm not sold on either QB. I'd like to see how Wilson does when the talent level around him starts to decrease. When he has to create more offense. When he doesn't begin as many possessions with a short field. When he's not playing with leads late in games. When its basically on his shoulders like it is with Manning, Brees, Rogers and Brady.

Heck, as good as they say Cam Newton is the Panthers weren't relevant until their defense stepped up. Some guys might be overrated because of the talent level of their team. I hope people start saying that about Bradford.

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan
It's too early to say about either one but I'd lean towards Russell Wilson myself.

For all the talent the Seahawks do have, their offensive line is surprisingly bad as Robert Quinn demonstrated on MNF last year. Russell Wilson made a really pedestrian line look halfway decent with his ability to extend plays.

jjab360

Legend
I'd absolutely take Foles over Wilson. Foles might be one of the best QBs in the game one day, the dude can sling it.

ausmurp

Starter
Guys lets get something straight, Wilson ISSSSS a game manager. Any QB that throws just barely over 3K yds in a season is a major game manager. Period.

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan
Guys lets get something straight, Wilson ISSSSS a game manager. Any QB that throws just barely over 3K yds in a season is a major game manager. Period.

This implies that that is all he will ever be, which I don't think is the case.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

I will agree on this; I wonder if Wilson can win games with his arm.

When that defense weakens, he will be challenged a lot differently. I also question if he's capable of elevating others.

ausmurp

Starter
This implies that that is all he will ever be, which I don't think is the case.

Sorry let me clarify, he has only been a game manager thus far in his career, because his defense and run game are great. He was a major game manager last yr and the yr before. He's smart and can throw the deep ball well, but Taint and Baldwin were very underrated. He is going to struggle this yr.

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan
Sorry let me clarify, he has only been a game manager thus far in his career, because his defense and run game are great. He was a major game manager last yr and the yr before. He's smart and can throw the deep ball well, but Taint and Baldwin were very underrated. He is going to struggle this yr.

It'll be interesting to see, especially if Lynch's holdout lingers into the season.

I think Percy Harvin will help him out tremendously. Easily the best WR Wilson will have to work with thus far.