Jason Smith Rant!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I was thinking about our offseason needs and PISSED that the oline is once again a position of need.

Just think how different this team would look if we selected Eugene Monroe instead!

Jason Smith has to be one of the biggest WIFFS EVER! I don't understand how professional scouts could be so wrong about a player.

- end rant -

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
He had concussion problems that fucked up his development...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Shit happens, man. He was a man among boys in college and showed unlimited potential.

That was a pretty bad draft too, all things considered. And I don't think the Rams were the only guys high on Smith at the time. In retrospect though, so many different ways we coulda handled that draft. Oh well. Spilled milk and all...

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
CGI_Ram said:
I was thinking about our offseason needs and PISSED that the oline is once again a position of need.

Just think how different this team would look if we selected Eugene Monroe instead!

Jason Smith has to be one of the biggest WIFFS EVER! I don't understand how professional scouts could be so wrong about a player.

- end rant -

Dude had elite potential because of his combination of size and athleticism. He had to be the choice. Would it have been nice if he had selected Monroe? Sure, but that wasnt really a consideration/ Consensus was that Jason Smith was the best.

Shows the gusto of the new FO tho, trading Smith for a contributor in Wayne Hunter. They completely disregarded Smiths potential and draft status, reevaluated him for the player he had become, and traded him for a solid contributor. We are definitely on the right track now.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
Ironic but fat out of shape Andre Smith has played very well after that draft.