Jason Pierre-Paul injured in fireworks accident

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...on-pierre-paul-injured-in-fireworks-accident/

Report: Jason Pierre-Paul injured in fireworks accident
Posted by Darin Gantt on July 5, 2015

0faa4ad0db80158d12597e69c1ce9dda.jpeg
Getty Images

For many of us, last night was a chance to blow off some steam, if not some fingers.

But Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul might have gotten a little too close to the action.

According to Andy Slater of WINZ in Miami, Pierre-Paul “severely injured” his hand in a fireworks accident last night.

A woman who said she was his neighbor tweeted out a photo of a truck load of fireworks,” showing large boxes in a van.

Details at this point are few, but this could potentially have a huge impact on him and the Giants, as he hasn’t signed his franchise tender worth $14.8 million, and they’d have a tremendous lack of pass rush without him if he missed an extended amount of time.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...works-injury-not-believed-career-threatening/

Jason Pierre-Paul’s fireworks injury not believed career threatening
Posted by Michael David Smith on July 5, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptrmodi5otvjytfmntbkzdazogiymwrjywniotjjzdvl-e1414939141558.jpeg
Getty Images

Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul hurt his hand in a fireworks accident on the Fourth of July, but there is some good news to report.

Pierre-Paul’s injury is not believed to be career threatening, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.

As we in the United States celebrate our nation’s birthday, fireworks are, for millions of Americans, part of the fun. But they’re not without their risks. The fifth of July is always a day full of news stories about injuries in fireworks accidents, and yesterday at least one man died while setting off fireworks.

Pierre-Paul easily could have lost his hand, or worse. If he survived this accident with his career intact, he can count himself as lucky.

paceram

Pro Bowler
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...on-pierre-paul-injured-in-fireworks-accident/

Report: Jason Pierre-Paul injured in fireworks accident
Posted by Darin Gantt on July 5, 2015

0faa4ad0db80158d12597e69c1ce9dda.jpeg
Getty Images

For many of us, last night was a chance to blow off some steam, if not some fingers.

But Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul might have gotten a little too close to the action.

According to Andy Slater of WINZ in Miami, Pierre-Paul “severely injured” his hand in a fireworks accident last night.

A woman who said she was his neighbor tweeted out a photo of a truck load of fireworks,” showing large boxes in a van.

Details at this point are few, but this could potentially have a huge impact on him and the Giants, as he hasn’t signed his franchise tender worth $14.8 million, and they’d have a tremendous lack of pass rush without him if he missed an extended amount of time.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...works-injury-not-believed-career-threatening/

Jason Pierre-Paul’s fireworks injury not believed career threatening
Posted by Michael David Smith on July 5, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptrmodi5otvjytfmntbkzdazogiymwrjywniotjjzdvl-e1414939141558.jpeg
Getty Images

Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul hurt his hand in a fireworks accident on the Fourth of July, but there is some good news to report.

Pierre-Paul’s injury is not believed to be career threatening, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.

As we in the United States celebrate our nation’s birthday, fireworks are, for millions of Americans, part of the fun. But they’re not without their risks. The fifth of July is always a day full of news stories about injuries in fireworks accidents, and yesterday at least one man died while setting off fireworks.

Pierre-Paul easily could have lost his hand, or worse. If he survived this accident with his career intact, he can count himself as lucky.

I am definitely not a Giants fan but I sincerely hope Pierre-Paul recovers quickly and gets back on the field!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...ere-hand-injury-from-fireworks-212405247.html

Giants DE Jason Pierre-Paul suffers severe hand injury from fireworks
By Frank Schwab/Shutdown Corner

The report was confirmed by a few other outlets. TMZ later reported the injuries were to “some of his fingers and his thumb.” The injury happened while he was trying to light fireworks and he was treated at a hospital, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network said.

Pierre-Paul has not signed his franchise tender, which is worth about $14.8 million. Pierre-Paul did not attend mandatory minicamp in June, hoping for a long-term deal. The New York Daily News said the Giants technically could rescind the franchise offer, making Pierre-Paul a free agent, but added that is "a highly unlikely move."

Pierre-Paul has 42 career sacks, including 12.5 last season. He’s just 26 years old, and a big-time athlete who is one of the best pass rushers in the NFL when he’s on. He has been a little inconsistent in his career, but he should be just entering his prime and is the cornerstone of the Giants defense.

The Giants and Pierre-Paul now wait to see if his fireworks mishap will affect his career.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
We had an actual fireman with us lighting off our mortars Saturday night. Thought we were in safe hands because of that...

Well, he managed to set a table on fire. Luckily I took my dog for a long walk after the fireworks. When we were walking back,,, I saw the table on the top level of the boat dock was completely up in flames. I had to run out there and put it out with the hose before the whole dock caught on fire too. Meanwhile,,, our fireman was pounding beers within easy eye shot of the blaze he had created... he never even noticed.

Fireworks are great fun,,, but they are so dangerous. Especially the good ones.

I heard Mike & Mike this morning saying that JPP's injuries weren't actually that bad. We'll see soon enough.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...paul-has-burns-but-his-fingers-remain-intact/

Jason Pierre-Paul has burns, but his fingers remain intact
Posted by Darin Gantt on July 6, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwixmzmxmdq5ztfkn2u3m2jinzcyngvkyjvmzgiwndux-e1424375154472.jpeg
Getty Images

When the initial reports of Jason Pierre-Paul’s fireworks injury came out, there were few details beyond the term “severely injured.”

But while he has plenty of doctors visits in his future, it appears he may have escaped the worst of the damage.

According to Paul Schwartz of the New York Post, some of the flesh on the Giants defensive ends’ hand was burned off his palm and fingers, but his fingers are intact. (Sorry if you were eating breakfast while reading this.)

While there was some speculation on the internet that he might have lost fingers or part of his hand, a Giants source told the Post those were “overblown.” We can only imagine what that same source said when Plaxico Burress shot himself in the leg.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported last night that the injury wasn’t career-threatening, and colleague Chris Mortensen followed that up by saying it “may not be game or season threatening either.”

Of course, massive burns, the kind that would result from an explosive device going off in one’s hand, are obviously still a serious issue. And that will likely have the Giantsreviewing all their options with Pierre-Paul, who had yet to sign his $14.8 million franchise tender.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
We had an actual fireman with us lighting off our mortars Saturday night. Thought we were in safe hands because of that...

Well, he managed to set a table on fire. Luckily I took my dog for a long walk after the fireworks. When we were walking back,,, I saw the table on the top level of the boat dock was completely up in flames. I had to run out there and put it out with the hose before the whole dock caught on fire too. Meanwhile,,, our fireman was pounding beers within easy eye shot of the blaze he had created... he never even noticed.

I heard Mike & Mike this morning saying that JPP's injuries weren't actually that bad. We'll see soon enough.

Let me show ya somethin!!!!

firemarshallbill.jpg

fearsomefour

Legend

Always an adventure down there in FL with you Selassie I....

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

Dude horror show - so sorry to hear that
The idea of your boat being scarred in anyway makes me infuriated,
I can't imagine how you felt seeing fireman doing beer bongs while your badass boat is almost set ablaze.

Curious though how fireman created the fire....

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Dude horror show - so sorry to hear that
The idea of your boat being scarred in anyway makes me infuriated,
I can't imagine how you felt seeing fireman doing beer bongs while your badass boat is almost set ablaze.

Curious though how fireman created the fire....

Well... for the grand finale... my group of idiots wanted to do something extra special. We had already watched the city of New Smyrna Beach's show over the intracoastal waterway. We were staying at a B&B that has a 2 story boat dock.

After the city's show concluded, there were several couples including my friends who brought out their own fireworks. My friend had $600 worth to blast off and there was another couple who we just met who had 10 times as many as my friend. So our B&B was having a fireworks battle with the family who lives next door. It went on for several hours... and "we" were clearly winning the battle.

Mr Fireman (one of our friends) decides it was safe and more impressive to set off the last set of mortars from the top deck of the boat dock instead of the bank of the intracoastal. I was in my boat,,, it was safe because we were on the complete opposite end of this huge dock....

This last set of mortars had like 50 shots from lighting only 1 fuse... they had saved this big daddy for last. It lasted for like 5 minutes of explosions.

Fireman thought it was a good idea to set this set of mortars on the table instead of the wooden dock's surface. After it dazzled everyone, he didn't think it was necessary to go back up there and collect the empty case of this group of mortars... it sat up there on that wooden table with embers hot enough to catch it on fire... it took a while for the table to catch fire though,,, like 30 minutes at least. If I hadn't been out on the long walk with my dog... it very well could have been much worse than just the table up in flames. The fucking thing was shooting flames up like 3 feet above the table.

Mr Fireman caught major shit for this btw. LOL

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...m-offer-pierre-paul-wasnt-inclined-to-accept/

Giants yank long-term offer Pierre-Paul wasn’t inclined to accept
Posted by Mike Florio on July 6, 2015

jpp.jpg
Getty Images

With Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul still hospitalized two days after a fireworks accident, the Giants have commenced the process of protecting the franchise from its current franchise player.

Via Ian Rapoport of NFL Media, the Giants have removed the pending offer on a long-term deal for Pierre-Paul.

And so the $60 million deal is gone; whether a five-year or four-year package, Pierre-Paul wasn’t going to accept it, not with $14.8 million for 2015 and $17.76 million for 2016 as a starting point. That’s $32.56 million over two years on the franchise tag, and quarterback money or $25.5 million for 2017. Which equates to nearly $60 million in only three years.

The question now becomes whether the Giants will make another run at signing Pierre-Paul to a contract that takes the uncertainty regarding his health into account, or whether he’ll sign the franchise tender and play for $14.8 million this year and, if they tag him again, 20 percent more than that in 2016.

The possibility that the Giants could place Pierre-Paul on NFI and not pay him a single penny for the 2015 season could prompt Pierre-Paul to stay away until he gets a clean bill of health, missing regular-season games not as a leverage play against the Giants but to ensure that, when team doctors examine his fingers, they’ll give him a thumb’s up.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
This clown's idiocy might turn out to be very expensive for him...Of course, it's a given that he will never go hungry or have to squeeze into a VW...

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
All I can say is...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...-face-criminal-charges-for-fireworks-incident

Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul could be facing criminal charges stemming from the July 4 incident near Miami where he severely injured his hand while setting off fireworks.

Police in Coral Springs have been investigating Pierre-Paul for a possible charge of criminal possession of fireworks, according to NJ.com.

The investigation by Coral Springs police determined that JPP wasn't in their jurisdiction when the fireworks went off, so he won't be charged there, but that doesn't mean he won't be charged.

According to FoxSports.com, several police departments in South Florida are looking into where exactly the incident occurred and if Pierre-Paul was setting off the fireworks in their jurisdiction, he could face charges.

In the state of Florida, any firework "that becomes airborne or explodes is illegal to use," Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue spokesman, Mike Jachles, told the Sun Sentinel recently.

Pierre-Paul had a UHaul van full of fireworks on Saturday night.

Pierre-Paul is charged with any wrongdoing, he would potentially be subject to NFL discipline.

As for Pierre-Paul himself, the extent of his injuries are still unknown. According to ESPN.com, Giants' officials visited Pierre-Paul on Tuesday hoping to get a better idea of where his health is.

Pierre-Paul, who's still hospitalized, is believed to have suffered burns on at least three fingers and parts of both hands. There was a report on Monday that suggested the injuries were bad enough that they could force the Giants defensive end to miss the beginning of the regular season.

If Pierre-Paul misses any time, he could potentially be out $870,000 a week, which is how much JPP is expected to make if he signs his $14.8 million franchise tag tender.

The Giants did have a $60 million offer on the table, but that was rescinded after Pierre-Paul's injury. If the Giants were to rescind the franchise tender, that would make Pierre-Paul a free agent, so don't look for the team to go that route.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This happened on the 4th. The Giants visited and withdrew the offer they had made. On the 7th he was still in the hospital.

He hurt himself enough that he is still getting treatment and under watch at a hospital, and the Giants pulled the offer.

He may well be really badly injured.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
It may be time to start an NFL Dumbass Player of the Day thread.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/08/bucs-c-j-wilson-injured-hand-in-fireworks-accident/

Bucs’ C.J. Wilson injured hand in fireworks accident
Posted by Michael David Smith on July 8, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptflztezyzbkmgrimgzmmjk2mjjlmjm5nmiyogyynda3-e1436371252589.jpeg
AP

Jason Pierre-Paul wasn’t the only NFL player to injure his hand with fireworks.

Buccaneers cornerback C.J. Wilson also suffered a “severe” hand injury in a Fourth of July fireworks accident, Wilson’s representatives told Roy Cummings of the Tampa Tribune. The Buccaneers are aware of the injury but have no comment.

The 25-year-old Wilson played in two games for the Buccaneers last season and two games for the Bears the year before. He entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent out of North Carolina State in 2013.

The injury to Pierre-Paul is believed to be serious enough that it could force him to miss regular-season games for the Giants. There’s no word yet on how severe Wilson’s injury is.

According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, fireworks injuries send thousands of Americans to emergency rooms each year around the Fourth of July.