Jason La Canfora's Draft Notes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
And? Parker is being compared to A.J. Green because of his body control, length, and hands. Does it mean that any of these players are going to live up to their comparisons? No, not really.

And I disagree that both Cooper and White would "easily" be the top receiver in last year's class. Cooper would probably be the best, but it wouldn't be by much and I'd have both Watkins and Evans over White.

Green was the best receiver since Megatron. Parker isn't anywhere near his caliber of player.

Never liked Watkins one bit. Evans was better, but he had questions as well. Cooper and White blow them both out of the water with their athleticism (which Evans can't measure up to), advanced routes (see how silky smooth Cooper is and how White always makes himself an open target for his quarterback), and hands (so much better than Watkins that it's not even funny).

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Alot of it depends on the situation these WR's find themselves in initially.
Last years crop:
Watkins to Buffalo and Kyle Orton/EJ Manuel
Evans to Tampa and Josh McCown/Mike Glennon
OBJ to NYG and Eli Manning<------ding ding ding!

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I'm being honest. No way he beats out Cooper and White for the title of best receiver. And then there's DGB and Rashad Greene (who really has been underrated in this process) to consider. DGB has more athleticism than any receiver in this class, and if he gets his head on straight, he's one of the best in this class. Greene is the best route runner not named Cooper in this class.

Parker reminds me of Jordy Nelson. A number one receiver, but not an elite number one who's going to be nominated for multiple All-Pros. Not at all worth a top ten pick.

Nobody that I know of is claiming that Parker goes before Cooper or White, Memento. But quite a few are saying that he's REAL close behind them.

As to DGB, you said it yourself. He's a head case until he proves otherwise. He shouldn't be in this particular conversation.

As to potential future Pro Bowls, I foresee several of them for all three of the top WR's from this class.

Don't get dug into an anti Parker mindset is my respectful suggestion. The more I learn about him, the more I like. I now consider him among the top 10 talents in this entire draft. And I'm far from alone in that opinion, BTW.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Nobody that I know of is claiming that Parker goes before Cooper or White, Memento. But quite a few are saying that he's REAL close behind them.

As to DGB, you said it yourself. He's a head case until he proves otherwise. He shouldn't be in this particular conversation.

As to potential future Pro Bowls, I foresee several of them for all three of the top WR's from this class.

Don't get dug into an anti Parker mindset is my respectful suggestion. The more I learn about him, the more I like. I now consider him among the top 10 talents in this entire draft. And I'm far from alone in that opinion, BTW.

I'm not in an anti-Parker mindset. I'm anti -Scherff and anti-Flowers, but not anti-Parker. I just like him more at in the fifteen picks than with #10 overall.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm not in an anti-Parker mindset. I'm anti -Scherff and anti-Flowers, but not anti-Parker. I just like him more at in the fifteen picks than with #10 overall.

15 or 10 doesn't sound like much difference to me.

10 or 20? Okay. I'm listening.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger

Parker will probably not be there at 15. With Bridgewater in the fold many speculate that the Vikings at 11 will be the prime landing spot for Parker if he gets out of the top 10.