Jason La Canfora's Draft Notes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
The draft is now under three weeks away. Jason La Canfora explains why Randy Gregory might not slide as far as some suggest. He also talks about the Patriots almost certainly will take a WR with one of their early picks. WR DeVante Parker is thought of very highly by many teams, reportedly including the Rams. Some teams have him rated above White and Cooper. Is he this year’s Odell Beckham?

Watch LaCanfora Talk Draft

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Some teams have him rated above White and Cooper.
These teams are spending too much time in " Smoke-Filled-Rooms!" And smoking too much of the Funny stuff! Not saying Parker isn't good, I just wouldn't put him above Cooper, let alone White!!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
The draft is now under three weeks away. Jason La Canfora explains why Randy Gregory might not slide as far as some suggest. He also talks about the Patriots almost certainly will take a WR with one of their early picks. WR DeVante Parker is thought of very highly by many teams, reportedly including the Rams. Some teams have him rated above White and Cooper. Is he this year’s Odell Beckham?

Watch LaCanfora Talk Draft

Nah. I hate OBJ, and OBJ was a much better prospect than Parker.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Nah. I hate OBJ, and OBJ was a much better prospect than Parker.

I don't think he was saying Parker = OBJ

I think he is saying they both will be the third WR taken in the draft and both could end up being the best.
Not many were saying OBJ was the best WR in the last draft.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I don't think he was saying Parker = OBJ

I think he is saying they both will be the third WR taken in the draft and both could end up being the best.
Not many were saying OBJ was the best WR in the last draft.

Not a fucking snowball's chance in hell. Not with the next Holt + next Fitzgerald in this draft. The only way that Parker becomes the best wide receiver out of this class is if both Cooper and White go rob a Chicago bank with DGB and Rashad Greene right after the draft.

And we all know that it's not happening.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Not a freaking snowball's chance in hell. Not with the next Holt + next Fitzgerald in this draft. The only way that Parker becomes the best wide receiver out of this class is if both Cooper and White go rob a Chicago bank with DGB and Rashad Greene right after the draft.

Well, while I think that LaConfora is usually wrong about everything, I will also say that anything can happen. I know it is not likely but things like that have happened before. That is why Tom Brady is considered one of the best QBs of the time. NOBODY thought he would be more than a backup. If Jason wrote back then that Brady may be the best QB of that draft everyone would have laughed. Ditto for Wilson.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Not a freaking snowball's chance in hell. Not with the next Holt + next Fitzgerald in this draft. The only way that Parker becomes the best wide receiver out of this class is if both Cooper and White go rob a Chicago bank with DGB and Rashad Greene right after the draft.

You crack me up man.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott

You are underrating Parker I think.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Parker would look great in Horns and at 10 I wouldn't mind at all
From what I see
He's exactly what we need for Foles
That body that can go up and get the ball at it's highest point and Parker has that knack for being able to concentrate and snatch that ball out of the air, it's like he's super controlled and has great hands - I like the kid!!!
He could be Foles version of Riley Cooper
I was hoping for Kelvin Benjamin last year - wouldn't mind seeing Parker with the first pick

Memento

Name
Jemma
You are underrating Parker I think.

I'm being honest. No way he beats out Cooper and White for the title of best receiver. And then there's DGB and Rashad Greene (who really has been underrated in this process) to consider. DGB has more athleticism than any receiver in this class, and if he gets his head on straight, he's one of the best in this class. Greene is the best route runner not named Cooper in this class.

Parker reminds me of Jordy Nelson. A number one receiver, but not an elite number one who's going to be nominated for multiple All-Pros. Not at all worth a top ten pick.

Memento

Name
Jemma
If Parker is Jordy Nelson, I'll gladly take that at 10.

In the top fifteen, yes, but not at ten. Parker is one of the guys that I want after a trade-down.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
Jordy has averaged over the last 4 years....

80 catches, 1,290 yards, 11touchdowns

Yes, I would gladly take that at 10.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Jordy has averaged over the last 4 years....

80 catches, 1,290 yards, 11touchdowns

Yes, I would gladly take that at 10.

In a high-powered passing system with Aaron Rodgers. Nick Foles is no Aaron Rodgers.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
In a high-powered passing system with Aaron Rodgers. Nick Foles is no Aaron Rodgers.

Jordy Nelson in the 7 games he played with Matt Flynn under center....

30 catches, 492 yards, 6 touchdowns

Over a 16 game span that would be...

69 catches, 1,125 yards, 14 touchdowns

Memento

Name
Jemma
Again, this is not a high-powered passing system. This is a power running with play-action system. Parker is not going to get the same amount of opportunities that Nelson has had. In addition, Nelson is his ceiling. It's not a bad ceiling at all, but it's one I'd take in the top fifteen after a trade down, not at ten overall.

jjab360

Legend
I'm being honest. No way he beats out Cooper and White for the title of best receiver. And then there's DGB and Rashad Greene (who really has been underrated in this process) to consider. DGB has more athleticism than any receiver in this class, and if he gets his head on straight, he's one of the best in this class. Greene is the best route runner not named Cooper in this class.

Parker reminds me of Jordy Nelson. A number one receiver, but not an elite number one who's going to be nominated for multiple All-Pros. Not at all worth a top ten pick.
Yeah, like people didn't say that about OBJ being better than Watkins and Evans last year. Anything can happen, man.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Yeah, like people didn't say that about OBJ being better than Watkins and Evans last year. Anything can happen, man.

OBJ was a much better prospect than Parker is. Even I can admit that, and I hate OBJ. Cooper and White would both easily be the top receiver in last year's class. Yes, over Evans and OBJ. They're being compared to future Hall-of-Famers like Holt/Bruce (Cooper) and a faster Fitzgerald (White). When you consider only pure talent, then DGB enters the conversation over Parker.

Injuries can happen...but Parker already has a foot injury in college.

Again, I like Parker as a prospect. I just don't like him at ten.

jjab360

Legend
OBJ was a much better prospect than Parker is. Even I can admit that, and I hate OBJ. Cooper and White would both easily be the top receiver in last year's class. Yes, over Evans and OBJ. They're being compared to future Hall-of-Famers like Holt/Bruce (Cooper) and a faster Fitzgerald (White). When you consider only pure talent, then DGB enters the conversation over Parker.

Injuries can happen...but Parker already has a foot injury in college.

Again, I like Parker as a prospect. I just don't like him at ten.
And? Parker is being compared to A.J. Green because of his body control, length, and hands. Does it mean that any of these players are going to live up to their comparisons? No, not really.

And I disagree that both Cooper and White would "easily" be the top receiver in last year's class. Cooper would probably be the best, but it wouldn't be by much and I'd have both Watkins and Evans over White.