Jason Collins is gay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Collins is basically at the end of his lackluster basketball career.

SI is looking to sell some magazines.

Lame.

Did I mention that I am a huge fan of lesbians ?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Ya know the great thing about the internet is you can be honest and if I was on the guys team and DIDN'T know it before he disclosed it,if he patted me on the ass in what had "previously" been an accepted way of encouraging a teamate,it WOULD give me at least a moment of pause, I might even consider it sexual harrasment if he did it again after I'd told him to quit doing it.

I don't think any hetero guy can protest loud enough to convince me it wouldn't matter to him either.

Sex drive is NOT A CHOICE I get that,a revulsion for an alternate sex drive IMO is NOT a choice either,that's the thing the PC police CAN'T /REFUSE to get over. SO IMO it's sort of sad what happened with Mike Wallace,he spoke the truth and was hammered for being truthful. The guy didn't advocate action against anyone, BOTH sides of this issue have their overeactions and to countenance one and condemn the other is thought control BS IMO.

It's not any bigger deal than you make of it, the bigger deal the press makes of it the bigger deal it becomes to those who are going to experience a cetain discomfort with it .

I've had best friends that are gay, my best friends son is, I treat them as close to "normal" as I can but I'm not going to pretend it has zero effect on my thoughts no matter how many culture warriors come over the hill after me.

Fact is some of the cacophony of "acceptance" IMO is the real bigots keeping their real homophobic feelings closeted.
IOW sometimes the "lady doth protest too much".

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Selassie I said:
Collins is basically at the end of his lackluster basketball career.

SI is looking to sell some magazines.

Lame.

Did I mention that I am a huge fan of lesbians ?

Agreed, and odds were Collins wasn't going to get signed anyway so get ready for the shit storm to come when nobody does sign him. Maybe this is the strategy behind his announcement at this time.

And, I too am a huge fan of lesbians. :sly:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
ScotsRam said:
max said:
I never could decide if I would be uncomfortable being naked in front of a gay teammate or a lesbian reporter.

Would you be uncomfortable being naked in front of a straight female friend? It's the same thing. Just because someone is gay doesn't mean they automatically want to sleep with you.

No - but if they're female they do. Just sayin' :sly:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Thordaddy said:
Fact is some of the cacophony of "acceptance" IMO is the real bigots keeping their real homophobic feelings closeted.
IOW sometimes the "lady doth protest too much".

As is oft the case.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Update: So, it appears, is Jason's boyfriend,did he get a text from the President? :tooth:

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
LesBaker said:
Yeah I agree and that's kinda my point. Why is the media making a big deal out of this. Plenty of athletes coaches and management have come out yet this is still a big effing deal.

It's like being left handed.....does it actually matter overall lol.

Pretty much sums it up <a class="postlink" href="http://deadspin.com/why-espns-chris-broussard-came-out-as-a-bigot-486117661" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://deadspin.com/why-espns-chris-bro ... -486117661</a>

I'd also as well like to go on record as a pretty big fan of lesbians.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Username said:
LesBaker said:
Yeah I agree and that's kinda my point. Why is the media making a big deal out of this. Plenty of athletes coaches and management have come out yet this is still a big effing deal.

It's like being left handed.....does it actually matter overall lol.

Pretty much sums it up <a class="postlink" href="http://deadspin.com/why-espns-chris-broussard-came-out-as-a-bigot-486117661" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://deadspin.com/why-espns-chris-bro ... -486117661</a>

I'd also as well like to go on record as a pretty big fan of lesbians.

Dog bites man ....not news
Man bites dog......news
Man "bites " man......stop the presses :omg: