Jarod Cook - WR or TE?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Cook set the Ram TE single season yardage record last year. Most ever by a Ram TE.

Sounds fucking good to me.

Call him whatever you like... TE or WR... does it really matter?

I'll say this... For those clamoring for Evans in the upcoming draft,,, we already have an experienced version of him in Cookie. Evans would just be another less productive Cookie on our offense,,, especially in year #1.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Is Jarod Cook considered by the Rams as a WR option or a TE option? I keep hearing although he is a TE he was really brought on as a WR option. He was paid well for mediocre TE stats. Either we misused him last year or he just didn't measure up. His heart and hands just didn't seem to be in the game a lot of the year. Thoughts?

Jared Cook is what?? no does not fit the usual TE mode can not block. Nope is certainly not a WR either. Maybe if of all things he would seem to be more of a Slot receiver than anything else. Rams have a ton of Slot type receivers with Austin Pettis then Tavon Austin with the #8th overall pick in the 2013 draft & then the high cost 2013 UFA purchase of Jared Cook. How may Slots receivers do we use as a running team with Zac Stacy. Is a slot position consider a starting WR post? Right now Cook is an over priced under used UFA signing.

Lets hope that our OC can figure out how to use all these slot types in out new running offense.

Cook set the Ram TE single season yardage record last year. Most ever by a Ram TE.
Sounds freaking good to me.
It could also mean the Rams have had some very poor pass catching TE's over the last few decades.....tooo.

Last edited:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think he is more of a WR that fits that big body type and has the speed to get things done in the slot or outside. After that first game a lot of teams realized he is a monster and game planned to take him away from Sam. I think Schotty knew that and used that to plan for others to step up and that never happened, not unexpected with such a young group of pass catchers.

Pretty tough to produce when you are not targeted, although KC did use him effectively on occasion. After all he did produce more than any one else and if you label him TE he was splitting time on some of those routes with Kendricks and Harkey.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Whatever the reason,,, Cookie is the best we've ever had in that regard.

We've had some good ones prior to Cookie. The record he broke was previously set in 1983... nobody we had playing TE in the last 3 decades could beat it until Cookie put the Horns on.

Me like Cookie. My glass half FULL of milk too.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I think Jared Cook is a good player, and he'll make plays. Just 3 things:

1. I want to see both him and Lance Kendricks as an integral part of the pass game. Like how the Saints use Jimmy Graham or Patriots use Rob Gronkowski.

2. I do think he was a bit overrated when he was signed here, and expectations were set way too high as a result.

3. He's not a detriment, and I think it's dumb to question him or anyone's "heart" without any clear evidence (ala Albert Haynesworth). Plus he's a great person off the field.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I was not happy with what we gave him considering how he preformed in Tennessee, I felt it was just not justified. The year before we signed him Kendricks put up the same exact numbers he put up in his last season in Tennessee pretty much. Like others have said before me he's had Clemens throwing to him a lot in the season but I really wish we had seen more games like his week 1 performance. Hopefully that happens next year.