Jared Goff went around the room postgame. His message: "Just remember what this feels like."

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He came out publicly and defended the WR's at one pointed saying "well, it's not like they're trying to drop it. They are just one of those things that happen from time to time." You think any wide receiver with the drops ours have would still have a job in New England, the answer is freak no. And no I don't have a quote for what Fish said but I do remember him saying it on one of the STL Jeff Fisher shows.

If they could get open, yes. So our WRs? No.

Wes Welker used to rank near the top of the league in drops year in and year out. But they were okay with it because his ability far outweighed the drops. Unfortunately, that's not true of our WR corp.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I agree with you, and I want to reiterate it again. It all starts with you, you have to hold yourself accountable
Why would you put it on me?
I don't need that kind of pressure.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
If they could get open, yes. So our WRs? No.

Wes Welker used to rank near the top of the league in drops year in and year out. But they were okay with it because his ability far outweighed the drops. Unfortunately, that's not true of our WR corp.
Welker also averaged over a hundred catches a year, and was up there for most targets so most drops is understandable in his case. Welker would of needed to double or triple his drops to be on par with the Rams WR's.

Ellard80

Legend
Jared is trying.. it's nice.. but reality is reality.

But the product on the field is complete ass... words and tough talk aren't going to do shit.

If they can replace the coaching staff and about 85% of the roster i'd feel better.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
You didn't get the full quote.

“We just really need to have someone that can motivate us. Not that Jeff Fisher didn’t. But we need someone to motivate us, and we need someone to be on our butts when we mess up. Whether it’s each other, whether it’s the coach. Whoever it is.”

Hey. Lance. Motivate yourself. You're a grown ass man.

Lance is a perfect example of why this team fails. I quit looking at film postgame because what's the point, but one of our biggest problems in the run game is lack of edge being set, which keeps a back with Gurley's speed from bouncing it when the interior crumbles like it has. He's a big part of that, and I think he'll be a depth guy at best when a coach who knows wtf he is doing looks at the film.

Really irked me that they took so long to sit GRob and then refused to do the same with the pass catchers. It's BS and a double standard to my eye at least. So glad this sorry bunch of coaches are gone man, they are just bad at an epic level.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Jared is trying.. it's nice.. but reality is reality.

Jared needs to watch some film of Brady and Manning this offseason. Note how they get in their pass catchers' faces a bit when they F up. Then, once he gets himself to where he is executing correctly, start doing that.

But I like him putting himself out there. That is where it starts.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Didn't Fisher make Janoris run stadium steps in Frisco and sat him out of the game?

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Hey. Lance. Motivate yourself. You're a grown ass man.

it's hard to be self motivated if you don't have faith in the system. not saying that is the case with this team but it is a possiblty.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
it's hard to be self motivated if you don't have faith in the system. not saying that is the case with this team but it is a possiblty.
Well, I don't wanna read too much into his statement, but it just rubs me wrong. If you know you're not performing to the best of your ability, and you know you're making mistakes, why would you need someone else to point it out to you? Be proactive and put in the work/study/reps to correct it and *impress* the guy instead of inviting him to jump your ass for it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
IF I where Goff, while I'm waiting to meet the New Coaching Staff and get my New Play Book. I would be pouring over every speck of Film, on every play I ran, And ask myself "What did I do right or what did I do wrong, and How what do I need to do to be better!!" JMHO
He will. He already said he plans on getting with the receivers during the off-season (those who will attend) to work on stuff until he can get his hands on the playbook. I'm sure his plans include film study as well, and maybe some private coaching. Seems like that's what he'd do.

Zero

Pro Bowler
He read your mind @thirteen28. He then said this:

“The best part about it was that, we weeded out the people we needed to weed out,” Goff remembers. “We changed the culture in the building.”

By Goff’s junior year, Cal won eight games and advanced to a bowl game.

“That’s kind of what I expect here as well.” Goff said.
Hell yes! I like Goff even more now.
A man who speaks his mind and absolutely hates losing.
We picked the right QB for the job.