Jared Goff vs. the Vikings Defense: Who has the Edge?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
I was reminded on another thread that Sullivan used to play for the Vikings. I wonder if line calls in recognition of defenses will help much, or if the Viking defensive calls have changed significantly since he played for them.
He was a Pro Bowler for the Vikings.
Different O line coach though I think.
But in sure all teams mix things up.
There are those guys that just watch film and look for patterns and repeatition.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I’m Wade Phillips .... im doing what most every team every team did to the rams last year ....

I’m selling out to stop the run... force case to beat us ...

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Our edge pass defenders are pretty good too.

Meanwhile Minnesota is #2 vs the run.

I think we will have to throw the ball to win this game.

If that's what people expect, then I'm looking forward for some creative rushing plays from McVay for Gurley and Austin.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
If I’m Wade Phillips .... im doing what most every team every team did to the rams last year ....

Problem is - he has better WRs this year than last year :-/

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
If gurley can run the ball we will win, can't fall behind to these guys and allow their edge rushers to come after Goff.

This is a really good defense, espn showed a few big plays goff missed against seatle . He needs to make the big play if it presents itself .

I don't think offense needs to score 30 this game, I can see our d line dominating.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I'm playing it straight up early on if I'm the DC. Case is completing 65% of his passes, he's proven that if he is on he can contribute to winning. He's not playing like a game manager right now.

Last edited:

bluecoconuts

Legend
Zimmer thinks that Sean McVay is giving Goff reads when they line up before the mic cuts out, so they plan on a lot of movement and disguises earlier on so he can't do that.

I really hope that he's wrong and Goff is making those reads himself, and if that's the case, he should get the edge.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Zimmer thinks that Sean McVay is giving Goff reads when they line up before the mic cuts out, so they plan on a lot of movement and disguises earlier on so he can't do that.

I really hope that he's wrong and Goff is making those reads himself, and if that's the case, he should get the edge.

We've seen Goff's head moving as he scans the field, and we've seen him call audibles so I lean towards he's making the reads.

Every QB gets talked to until the mic turns off so Zimmer thinking that McVay is making the reads is a big guess.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Rams ST > Vikings ST
Rams D > Vikings O
Rams O vs Vikings D =?????

This is the only concern. Can we move the ball, and limit turnovers.

Last edited:

poLARizing

UDFA
Disagree brother. Vikes are elite at stopping the run. There probably won't be much there for Gurley.

This game is going to be about Jared IMO. He's gonna get pressure and some bad down/distance due to the Vikes' run defense, but has to lead them to converting and scoring. Playoff level test for the kid IMO.

I agree. It's all about Jared. They will pressure and try to sack him for a fumble or throw picks. But I think this kid can't be rattled. I mean he already went through that last season with 1,000 sacks and been hit twice as much. So the kid is tough. He isn't Jim Everett or Sam Bradford where they "sense" a D-linemen and fall to the ground for a phantom sack. lol. Had to throw good ol Jim in there for those old timers like me. hehee.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
We've seen Goff's head moving as he scans the field, and we've seen him call audibles so I lean towards he's making the reads.

Every QB gets talked to until the mic turns off so Zimmer thinking that McVay is making the reads is a big guess.

Goff gets tips and reminders of course from his coordinator up to the mic cutoff. But there's no way he'd be playing the way he has just because his coach is making the reads.

Zimmer is the biggest doucheback F head in this league. I hate the dude. Here's hoping Jared dices his MFing defense and hangs 40+ on him at home. Queue the MFing boobirds b!tches.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

I honestly don't think they need to do that. Just contain Case in the pocket where the sightlines suck for him, throw in the occasional extra blitzer, and zone it up for picks.

Case will dispense picks if they keep him in the pocket. They just gotta stuff the run early and often and keep his shrimpy @$$ in the pocket. Agreed that their run game is a concern, they can mash it if we let them get on a roll.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I honestly don't think they need to do that. Just contain Case in the pocket where the sightlines suck for him, throw in the occasional extra blitzer, and zone it up for picks.

Case will dispense picks if they keep him in the pocket. They just gotta stuff the run early and often and keep his shrimpy @$$ in the pocket. Agreed that their run game is a concern, they can mash it if we let them get on a roll.

Well they certainly don't need to stack the box to slow down the Vikings run game LOL.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

exactly. do what they do to russell wilson. case isn't half the qb that guy is.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I think we will attempt to start w/ an aerial assault in order to open up the run game at the beginning of the game