Jared Goff on the Rich Eisen Show 06/08/2021

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jared is classy, nothing bad to say. Just ready to play for the Lions. I will definitely be rooting for him.

Ram65

Legend
The change could really help Jared. Time for him to step it up a notch or two. Certainly not against the Rams which will be a fun game to watch. Jared and Brock make a return to SoFi.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The change could really help Jared. Time for him to step it up a notch or two. Certainly not against the Rams which will be a fun game to watch. Jared and Brock make a return to SoFi.
Play well except week 7 lol

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I want to see our defense eat his ass with BBQ sauce week 7.

Psycho_X

Legend
I want to see our defense eat his ass with BBQ sauce week 7.

Wait A Second Season 3 GIF by The Office

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You know when asked about his reaction to the Lions drafting Sewell, his honest answer would have been:
"I was so happy to hear they didnt pick Fields or Jones there"
I'll be rooting for him, tough road ahead, but he's got a fair shot to resurrect his career. Many a player never got that shot

dang

Legend
Goff is a good guy and a “we not me” QB. Mahomes is proving you don’t need to be an egomaniac to succeed in the nfl. I wish similar success for Goff. He was a bright light in a string of burned out bulbs.

oldnotdead

Legend
So what does Holmes do? He drafted a top-tier LT who is probably one of their starters this year with their first pick. Later in the draft, he took what could be one of the more underrated possession-type receivers, something every QB needs. If they can get any kind of run game they can win some games.

Speaking of Holmes and his first draft, he most certainly looks to be following Snead's playbook. He emphasized defense this draft and it's clear he was heavily focused upon players with high analytic grades. There was a clear emphasis upon speed and quickness. It most certainly looks like a pretty good draft overall with high marks by the Detroit media. Like the Rams I think Holmes focused on the Lions weak defense this draft. OL and WRs probably next year.

Anthony Lynn was a poor HC but he's probably going to be a fairly good OC. His experience with pocket passer QBs is extensive considering the QBs the Chargers had, i.e. Rivers and Herbert. He looks like he's going to run the same type of offense the Chargers ran which is a pretty good offense for Jared after all it was the same run-first philosophy McVay used in 2018.

TexasRam

Legend
Pretty Brutal Schedule for the Lions starting off. SF, GB Balt.

The cup is also pretty bare at WR for him in Detroit, but he did take no names such as Woods and Kupp and turn the into household names.

Lots to overcome for him, but this is the same guy that took a consensus 7-9 team to the Super Bowl in 2 years while leading the top offense in the NFL. I'll be rooting for him as 1 of 3 Rams QB's to take them to a Super Bowl in over 50 seasons of trying.

Same goes for Stafford if he can lead us to one.

oldnotdead

Legend

Good read on how the Lions are turning things around for Goff. Holmes has changed the culture in Detroit as I thought he would. A happy, and confident Goff is a good QB. Instead of micro-managing him they are empowering him. No more Sean in his ear giving him less thal 15 seconds to set the offense and make reads. Anyone who thinks Jared was slacking off and caused his own decline is wrong and this article show he wasn't.

I would be completely surprised if he didn't turn his career around in Detroit.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Good read on how the Lions are turning things around for Goff. Holmes has changed the culture in Detroit as I thought he would. A happy, and confident Goff is a good QB. Instead of micro-managing him they are empowering him. No more Sean in his ear giving him less thal 15 seconds to set the offense and make reads. Anyone who thinks Jared was slacking off and caused his own decline is wrong and this article show he wasn't.

I would be completely surprised if he didn't turn his career around in Detroit.
Interesting take.

As someone who thinks he is a slow processor, I could see him doing well in their offense if they keep it balanced with a strong run game. But when I say well I mean middle of the pack in passer rating and all that.

I expect him, however, to struggle a bit as he settles in there. Hopefully he'll make the most of this outside of our defense roasting him. Rams will certainly get his best because you know he wants to stick it to McVay but that's probably not gonna go down that way, at least I hope not. :ROFLMAO:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So what does Holmes do? He drafted a top-tier LT who is probably one of their starters this year with their first pick. Later in the draft, he took what could be one of the more underrated possession-type receivers, something every QB needs. If they can get any kind of run game they can win some games.

Speaking of Holmes and his first draft, he most certainly looks to be following Snead's playbook. He emphasized defense this draft and it's clear he was heavily focused upon players with high analytic grades. There was a clear emphasis upon speed and quickness. It most certainly looks like a pretty good draft overall with high marks by the Detroit media. Like the Rams I think Holmes focused on the Lions weak defense this draft. OL and WRs probably next year.

Anthony Lynn was a poor HC but he's probably going to be a fairly good OC. His experience with pocket passer QBs is extensive considering the QBs the Chargers had, i.e. Rivers and Herbert. He looks like he's going to run the same type of offense the Chargers ran which is a pretty good offense for Jared after all it was the same run-first philosophy McVay used in 2018.
One They Lions picked three guys that I felt fit the Rams and likely would have been on Snead’s draft board. Onwuzireke, Alim McNeill, and Melifonwu.

I can’t help but wonder if Holmes was still in LA if any of them would have been chosen by the Rams. Supposedly there was a DLineman they liked that went before they picked in round two.