Jared Goff Named to 2018 Pro Bowl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
View: http://www.therams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Jared-Goff-Named-to-2018-Pro-Bowl/ee9e6341-2f47-40bf-b237-b76d72bc13aa

View: https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/955481593186893824

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/22/jared-goff-is-going-to-the-pro-bowl/

Jared Goff is going to the Pro Bowl
Posted by Josh Alper on January 22, 2018

902063928-e1516640249546.jpg

Getty Images

There wasn’t any need to wait to see if the Eagles advanced to the Super Bowl before replacing quarterback Carson Wentz on the NFC Pro Bowl roster because Wentz’ torn ACL means he wouldn’t play regardless of what happened in the NFC Championship Game.

The league did wait before naming a replacement, however. It will be Rams quarterback Jared Goff, who was selected one pick ahead of Wentz at the top of the 2016 draft.

Goff spent the first half of his rookie season on the bench and then saw his production skyrocket with the arrival of Sean McVay as the Rams’ head coach in 2017. Goff completed 62.1 percent of his passes for 3,804 yards, 28 touchdowns and seven interceptions while leading the Rams to the NFC West title.

Five Rams were on the initial Pro Bowl roster, but defensive tackle Aaron Donald and kicker Greg Zuerlein will not participate in the game. Left tackle Andrew Whitworth and long snapper Jake McQuaide join Goff as more recent additions to the team.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good for him!

I might actually tune in for the beginning of the game, now that there's a reason to! (y)

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Congrats to our kid QB! Hopefully the first of many. Dish that damn ball quick and don't get hurt!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Good for him!

I might actually tuine in for the beginning of the game, now that there's a reason to! (y)
Ditto! I wasn't going to watch this game, but now with Goff Playing I will!(y):D

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good for him!

I might actually tune in for the beginning of the game, now that there's a reason to! (y)
More interesting than the Super Bowl this year for me....

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Just saw this on Instagram a few minutes ago.

I'm gonna see if I can get some tickets now. Especially since they are going back to NFC vs afc like they used to. If I can get some seats close to the NFC bench... I think I'll go.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
Rams are well represented in the Pro Bowl this year. It'll likely be the first Pro Bowl I'll watch since like 2005

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He will be even better next year. And so will Higbee, Everett, Kupp, and Reynolds. Goff elevates people around him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Excellent. Good to see him recognized.

You watch enough football... an “under the radar” thing we saw this year... Goff was very smart with the football. Yeah, he had some INT’s dropped (like other QB’s)... but he was very good with his decision making.

For a young QB... that’s a very promising sign he’ll keep getting better.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
we have a pro bowl QB when was the last time we could say that boys

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Well deserved. So many great plays he made with his head, his feet, and his arm. To me, the only guy better in the NFC is the guy he's replacing -- and not by much; in some ways he's better, especially as a pocket passer. I think he will have the better overall career.
There's a raft of great young QBs right now, so blessed we can say that we have one of them.