Jared Goff: "I promise you guys it will get fixed. Everything in my heart and soul."

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Look again...

@UKram @Memento @Badfinger @majrleaged
The proof is on YOU Guys....Because 7 games is all you really need to see talent...Now, lets see if some miracle intangible can actually make this guy a player. I stand by what I said. Seen too many QB's...This guy is nothing special. Will be drafting Sam Darnold in 2 years....
"7 starts says all you need to know!"
- Brock Osweiler

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
"7 starts says all you need to know!"
- Brock Osweiler
And that assumes you liked what you saw from Osweiler. Most stats say he was pretty average on a great offensive team. He was very average after 7 games. He's very average now...What is your point?

Just like your dude quick? ... who unlike you after years of his suckatude I was willing to give him one last shot at proving he could do it ... glad to say he didn't let me down
Couldn't let this go...Quick...came from a team with no playbook...no wr coach...and was raw. Definitely overdrafted...but you know what? He's still shows talent. Not top of the 2nd round talent, but 40 catches for 500 yards talent. If he'd been drafted #1 overall...Houston, we have a serious problem. Top of the second...Just foolish scouting & selecting.
#1 overall pick...with limited physical tools. And it appears, processes information very slowly with all of the physical limitations. Compare the two if you want, but vast difference. And Quick actually appears to be the superior player. Goff rates at the worst at his position in the league...Better comparison would be Tavon to Goff. Two terrible 1st round selections.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And that assumes you liked what you saw from Osweiler. Most stats say he was pretty average on a great offensive team. He was very average after 7 games. He's very average now...What is your point
It means 7 games was enough to earn a ridiculous contract that he hasn't even come remotely close to earning
Good, bad or indifferent, I'm willing to give Goff a lot more than 7 games

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm willing to give Goff a lot more than 7 games
How many games does it take you to get to the center of a tootsie, err, quarterback? 10, 16, 32????

I've watched QB's a lot longer...and I can pretty much tell who's an elite type talent. I see 2 outta the 2016 class that have played. I'm sure you can guess who they are.

Scirca

Rookie
It means 7 games was enough to earn a ridiculous contract that he hasn't even come remotely close to earning
Good, bad or indifferent, I'm willing to give Goff a lot more than 7 games

Ignore him, he doesn't know what he is talking about. You're just going to get frustrated and annoyed.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How many games does it take you to get to the center of a tootsie, err, quarterback? 10, 16, 32????

I've watched QB's a lot longer...and I can pretty much tell who's an elite type talent. I see 2 outta the 2016 class that have played. I'm sure you can guess who they are.
Nope. I can't. I'm sure you can't either.
I respect your opinions but thinking you can watch 7 games for a kid and determine he's elite or not? Not a chance.
I know you spot elite talent in the booty thread but NFL qb is a whole nuther level

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ignore him, he doesn't know what he is talking about. You're just going to get frustrated and annoyed.
That's really not necessary.

And as long as the jury is still out (with Goff), then deliberation is only natural.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@dieterbrock
much like booty, I've studied the in's and outs of QB-ing. I really wanted to know what made Jaworski, James Harris, Pat Haden, Vince Ferragamo, and Jim Everett different? And you can see it...
The one trait Goff has that the other good ones is, he gets up from hellacious hits. The one trait I don't like is, he can't forget those hits and watches the rush, rushes his throws, and is very inaccurate after said hits.
Obvious stuff like overall accuracy, early game accuracy, after drop accuracy, just watch. Watch any QB after a really hard hit, and you can see a lot. Especially on the next few throws.
Scrambling is another story, and can make up for deficits in other areas.
A cannon arm...all things being equal...can mask many flaws.
So can anticipation & intelligence. Getting rid of the ball...On time...To the right target...in the face of the rush.
These guys throw more in a game than some QB's threw in a month. 7 games is plenty. He has a huge journey to become average....Average. Average. Biggest improvement is in the 2nd year...He has 6 months to become average. What can change in 6 months?

@Scirca

Just by your homerism, you are blind. Trust me...I was there...We drafted ED....Then Jim Everett a few years later. We had the pieces...But not a championship team. Far better than this one. And we were far.
You keep saying I don't know what I'm talking about. On a 4-12 team...worst offense I believe I've ever seen, only competition was last years offense...basically the same players save one...Goff. And he's looked worst than Keenum, Davis, Clemmons, Hill....who'd I leave out? And this was the end result of getting rid of a QB, Bradford that has more talent than every single one of them, and replacing him with a kid outta Cal, that has never won a big game worth something in his life...Save maybe high school. You tell me...What I'm missing? His team around him is bad? Really? You ever see Trent Dilfer's Buccaneers? Sean...King's Buc's??? Hell, I saw Dieter Brock's rookie year...guys were bashing him...and he was rookie of the YEAR!?!!?!
He's not accurate...esp. under pressure...a supposed strength in college. I saw him in college..esp. vs SC & UCLA...and this is the same accuracy I saw then.
His arm isn't strong...It needs to get stronger to be average.
The only trait I saw that would help him in the pros was his feet...and guess what, he DOES still have nice feet. Almost every other trait that people tried to push on me, that I really never saw in college, has proven to not be an asset at all. Hell, the way he's ducking and throwing, he's not that tough either. At least if you're gonna get hit, make the defense pay and complete the pass.
So, I've probably forgotten more about football than you even know at this moment. If you don't start listening to others out there...on this internet thingy...stop with the " I know more than you"...find some true facts...Like what is it that makes you...YOU @Scirca believe this guy will turn into something more than Matt Moore (another great UCLA QB)...you tell me...you show me...I'm listening...All I keep hearing is all the drops...the lack of protection...no help...he's not even helping himself. So Wilson has a perfect line? So Cook has perfect receivers? Carr did? Oh, they led the league in drops...Still, Carr got them to the playoffs. Was in the MVP conversation. Same with Luck...Difference makers. At QB. The no TD thing should make any Rams fan nervous. Instead, blame boras..blame Quick...blame Kendricks..blame Tavon...2 picks...2 games in a row...In the first 3 drives of both games. 7-9 BS right there. Total lack of preparation.
And I don't want him to perform like a 3 year vet....I'd take Siemian type play. I'd love Cody Kessler type play. Hell, play like the 3rd stringer on the Pats...Play like Connor Cook today...well, I'd hope a little better than this. If he continues to play like Connor Cook, we shoulda got Cook, in the 4th round. Feel me?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
If he continues to play like Connor Cook, we shoulda got Cook, in the 4th round. Feel me?

Nope you lost all credibility on Goff not only with that statement but reading your comments in the GDT's.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Ya, that's pretty much where I stop payin attention. Carry on with "Deliberations"
ignore can be your friend, friend.
My feeling is this, if you can't see a talented QB after 7 NFL games...I don't know what to tell you...you must not have actually watched a lot of football finger. If you feel Goff has talent fine, but tell me I can't SEE that he's very average in talent....and of course, he's struggling with the rest of the game. Reading the field...processing what he sees, then delivering the ball...that's a whole nuther skill set. But actually talent...Arm talent, foot speed, and a general overall physicality that some QB's have when they step on the field....I don't see it. And I'm surprised that anyone would disagree with that. Looks nothing like Ferragamo...nothing like Everett, and NOTHING like Sam Bradford.

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
1) I've watched as much football as long as you have. From what you've posted, we both started watching the Rams at almost exactly the same time. So quit with the condescending shit, it's beyond annoying.
2) I'm not necessarily defending Goff. He may be a bust. He may be a stud. He may be somewhere in between. Which leads me to...
3) Judging Goff by watching the shit-show we've seen the last 2 months is just not fair, and I frankly can't see how anyone can come to ANY concrete conclusion regarding his potential (or lack thereof) at this point. Trying to accurately evaluate him in this context is like trying to critically listen to a piano concerto while a jackhammer is goin in your front yard.

But hey, it's a free country. If you wanna say bust, say bust. I'll reserve my judgement for when I can see him in a coherent offense with team mates who are at least trying.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would have sworn Steve Young couldn't play after 7 games and that Jay Schroeder was a stud. Funny how a career lasts longer than 7 games

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Enough, Champ. No mas.

What did you think of RGIII after 16 games his rookie year? What did you think of Drew Brees after his first 32 starts? I could spend an hour listing guys who played well as rookies who never came close to being elite and guys who played poorly as rookies who became solid to great QBs.

But we both know it's not a good use of my time. You've entrenched yourself. We'll see how Goff does. But watching QBs a lot longer doesn't mean a thing. It doesn't make you right. It doesn't mean you know what you're talking about. And it doesn't give you the incredible foresight you seem to think it does.

We all make our guesses. I guess we'll find out whether they're right or wrong. But at least I'm rooting for a positive result.

gogoat1

Starter
Name
Troy
\None of you watch more Rams football than me. And I have not seen Goffs eyes stop looking downfield as soon as the rush gets anywhere near him. Belicheat said it before the Rams played them. That was after the Dolphin game. Did not see it there. Next game he looked great in the first half vs Saints. But there was no way Payton was going to loose that game to Williams. They were into it.
Sure there were plenty of times he was getting his brains beat it, looked like a rookie, so what. What if he had a 1600+ yard rusher like Dak, best O line in football, top 5 WR, All Pro tight end. Get the picture. And Linahan does know offense.
I took Belicheats comment as his usual mind games. How can you judge him and the Rams offense whith those knobs running it. Gurly's comment was said for a reason, its was true. Went to some zone blocking scheme when all they had to do was keeps last years. No fullback. All those hand offs from the shotgun when the rush had all ready blew through the line.
Pure amateur hour.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And that assumes you liked what you saw from Osweiler. Most stats say he was pretty average on a great offensive team. He was very average after 7 games. He's very average now...What is your point?

Couldn't let this go...Quick...came from a team with no playbook...no wr coach...and was raw. Definitely overdrafted...but you know what? He's still shows talent. Not top of the 2nd round talent, but 40 catches for 500 yards talent. If he'd been drafted #1 overall...Houston, we have a serious problem. Top of the second...Just foolish scouting & selecting.
#1 overall pick...with limited physical tools. And it appears, processes information very slowly with all of the physical limitations. Compare the two if you want, but vast difference. And Quick actually appears to be the superior player. Goff rates at the worst at his position in the league...Better comparison would be Tavon to Goff. Two terrible 1st round selections.
Goff came from A spread offense and hadn't took a snap Under centre in forever never called a play in a huddle
... quick gets a pass for coming from a gimmick offense and a lot longer than 7 games to priove he has it ( he doesn't FYI) Goff doesn't ... hypocrisy thy name is you ...

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
@LACHAMP46

It's really not worth my time trying to form anything other than a short response, since you're absolutely entrenched in your opinion of Goff. Have a nice day.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
My ROD brethren....
Judging Goff by watching the crap-show we've seen the last 2 months is just not fair, and I frankly can't see how anyone can come to ANY concrete conclusion regarding his potential (or lack thereof) at this point. Trying to accurately evaluate him in this context is like trying to critically listen to a piano concerto while a jackhammer is goin in your front yard.

But hey, it's a free country. If you wanna say bust, say bust. I'll reserve my judgement for when I can see him in a coherent offense with team mates who are at least trying.
Look at the first 2 drives vs Az...what do you see? Was the team trying? Or was Goff so inadequate he took all life from them? Just because you get hit, hurried , sacked doesn't excuse the lack of talent.

I would have sworn Steve Young couldn't play after 7 games
Steve Young was a beast. Not only in the USFL, but also at Tampa.
What did you think of RGIII after 16 games his rookie year? What did you think of Drew Brees after his first 32 starts?
RGIII can play...Always could play. His problem is durability, not lack of arm talent. I like Brees in college...I liked him more in the pros...again, basic, simple throws, Brees wasn't missing....throwing the ball all over the place. Several teams wanted him b4 the devastating shoulder injury.

Goff came from A spread offense and hadn't took a snap Under centre in forever never called a play in a huddle
... quick gets a pass for coming from a gimmick offense and a lot longer than 7 games to priove he has it ( he doesn't FYI) Goff doesn't ... hypocrisy thy name is you ...
Quick has the talent to succeed in this game. Be a player. A difference maker. Goff appears to be JAG. As the #1 overall player picked, you just can't have that and become a successful team/franchise.
Just started to watch the replay of the AZ game...I was noticing Carson Palmer, a guy I also saw as a freshman in college. Several of them live. He always had "IT"...Goff doesn't. He may become a decent player. Didn't know you drafted decent players first overall. In fact, I'm sure you don't.
Only one that can convince me that my beliefs are false is Jared Goff. I hope Demoff shows him these type of threads and it spurs some type of work ethic in the man.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Steve Young was a beast. Not only in the USFL, but also at Tampa.

Steve Youngs first 5 games starting in Tampa Bay.

52.2% completion 3 TD 8 Int with 21 sacks

His second season he started 14 games?

53.7% comp 8 TD 13 Int sacked 47 times
Lets not forget his memorable game VS the Rams that second year.
8 comp 20 att 83 yards.

You just keep digging yourself in a hole, Young looked terrible his first 19 starts in the NFL. He looked lost and shell shocked from so much pressure and so little help around him. And his USFL stats? A little better but not much. 56.4% comp 16 td and 23 ints averaging 113 ypg. We all get it you don't like Goff and you hate the trade.

Scirca

Rookie
Steve Youngs first 5 games starting in Tampa Bay.

52.2% completion 3 TD 8 Int with 21 sacks

His second season he started 14 games?

53.7% comp 8 TD 13 Int sacked 47 times
Lets not forget his memorable game VS the Rams that second year.
8 comp 20 att 83 yards.

You just keep digging yourself in a hole, Young looked terrible his first 19 starts in the NFL. He looked lost and shell shocked from so much pressure and so little help around him. And his USFL stats? A little better but not much. 56.4% comp 16 td and 23 ints averaging 113 ypg. We all get it you don't like Goff and you hate the trade.

How dare you point out his mistakes, and prove his argument wrong. As far as Goff, in his mind @LACHAMP46 , is concerned that he is a loser, never won anything in college, weak arm, lacks toughness, and is a bum after 7 games with the potential to be less of a bum in the future.