Jared Goff has reached out to Blake Bortles, Marcus Mariota for Advice

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Jared Goff has reached out to Blake Bortles, Marcus Mariota for advice
By Jackie Bamberger

[sports.yahoo.com]

LOS ANGELES – Few people can understand the pressure that Los Angeles Rams quarterback Jared Goff has found himself under.

Luckily for Goff, he just happens to be in touch with some of them.

Goff said he has reached out to Tennessee Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota, the No. 2 overall pick of the 2015 NFL draft, as well as Blake Bortles, whom the Jaguars took with No. 3 pick in 2014.

“They’ve been all very helpful,” Goff said at Thursday’s NFL All-Access event at the Los Angeles Coliseum. “They have all said, ‘Ask me anything. I’m very happy to help.’ It was good talking to them.”

Mariota in particular has been a welcome resource for Goff as he adjusts to the pro game.

“Marcus gave me some good little hints,” Goff said. “Just different stuff when you’re studying and different stuff that he used to transition from college. We ran similar offenses in college. [There’s] different stuff he used to make that transition and I started using them so it definitely helped. Just little different hints.”

Goff has also been in touch with former Rams quarterbacks. He met Vince Ferragamo and Jim Everett the day after he got drafted in April and he has texted with Kurt Warner.

Another Rams great, running back Eric Dickerson, shared some words of advice for Goff, whom he compared to another Cal-bred quarterback.

“He reminds me a little bit of Aaron Rogers with his accuracy,” Dickerson said. “I would tell him just to study. Become a student of the game. As a quarterback, you’ve got to become a student of the game because those defenses move so much and there’s so much happening on that field. He has the ability. I think if he becomes a student of the game, he’ll do very well.”

For now, Goff said he is doing his best to focus on football and not think too much about what they gave up to select him in this year’s draft.

“I’m very honored that they did what they did … At the same time, I’m just one person on the team and I’m going to do my part every day, every week and just not make it more than it is. I’m playing quarterback, I’m playing football and I don’t try to make it more than that.”

jap

Legend
These are logical, positive moves to reach out to former early round QB draftees. Sam the ex-Ram did likewise when he came aboard the U.S.S. Horns.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sam the ex-Eagle Holdout, Sam who wants his money and starting post guaranteed, Sam the Bi-ACL Man . . . that there Sam. :sneaky:
Wentz-Bradford-1200.jpg