Jared Goff has hired Tom House and Adam Dedeaux . They are already working together this offseason.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/11/offseason-rules-in-full-force/

This article is a year old but the CBA has not changed so it should apply. So technically they can not discuss the playbook. My guess this is a rule that most if not all teams cheat on lol.

Now that all 32 teams have completed the 2015 season, it makes sense to review the things that can and can’t be done until the offseason programs open in April.

The rules appear in Article 21, Section 2 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Before the launch of the offseason program, players can’t participate in Club-supervised workouts, practices, group, or individual meetings with coaches, group or individual film study with coaches, or group or individual playbook study with coaches. This provision is the origin of periodic comments from coaches regarding their inability to communicate with players in the offseason.

Still, there’s no prohibition on phone calls or discussions that don’t amount to meetings, film study, or playbook study. If, for example, 49ers coach Chip Kelly simply wants to get to know quarterback Colin Kaepernick, Kelly can call Kaepernick and talk to him. But with Kelly taking the ridiculously extreme position that he can’t even talk about Kaepernick publicly, it seems that Kelly either doesn’t understand the rules or is being deliberately obtuse, possibly to enhance trade potential for Kaepernick by not taking a clear position on whether the 49ers want him during the window when interested teams might call.

Players nevertheless are allowed to work out in the team facility, with strength and conditioning coaches prevented from supervising workouts but permitted into supervise the weight room to prevent injury and correct misuse of the equipment. And plenty of players prefer to stay in shape that way, given the fact that it’s both familiar and free.

Regardless of the rules, football coaches who want to talk to their players will surely find a way to do it. In the five years since the new rules were promulgated, no coach ever has been accused to talking to players more than he should. Players who are truly committed to winning will do whatever they have to do, exercising discretion while also planning for an opportunity to compete more effectively in the coming season.

i made a joke about Mcvay inviting some players round for a get to know you meal and "accidentally" leaving a ouple of playbooks lying aroun the houde that the players just happen to pick "by mistake" and take them home

probably happens more than we will ever know

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It sounds good that he's trying to get better...but whether it's effective is another thing. Remember how excited we all were with Greg Robinson training with LeCharles Bentley?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Stupid rules in the NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement

It's a perfectly sensible rule for the players.
Not so sure....I think they took out too much. I get the 2 a days seem excessive...but these guys need to practice a little more...should be some sort of halfway ground.
It sounds good that he's trying to get better...but whether it's effective is another thing. Remember how excited we all were with Greg Robinson training with LeCharles Bentley?
Like above....I think I'd want the entire LINE to work with LeCharles....couldn't hurt.

Great sign...but I'd like to see some Rams coaches out there...and a couple of receivers too. And definitely with a playbook with terms....

If guys want to get together...with coaches...and work on their games..in the offseason...what's the problem?

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Anyone believe Billechek honors the CBA and doesn't have any contact with players until he's supposed to?:redcard:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Good question . Would also like to know what kind of contact can he(players)have with The Rams ??

Just saw Tavon Austin on a live instragram account. He was goofing around & Bennie Cunningham was with him as well.--people were commenting to him.

What were the comments? What was he doing?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
What were the comments? What was he doing?
Riding in a golf cart talking smack at a football field. He is high energy , just think he needs to be a little more serious at this point if his career. He is the veteran WR so to speak ??
McVay will get in his head & make things right though.Inthink Bennie is a Ram through & through. He is tight with Gurley as well.

It was Instragram. A Ram friend was like look at this. His word to Tavon wasPRACTICE

People had all kinds of quotes.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm sure there are ways around it , just wasn't sure if teams with new coaching staff get a little extra exemption
I believe all New HC get to start their Training camps early, compared to the rest of the League!! I'm not sure of how much earlier!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I believe all New HC get to start their Training camps early, compared to the rest of the League!! I'm not sure of how much earlier!
I think it's a week or two.
Not a whole lot of time, but it's something.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_House

Thomas House (born April 29, 1947) is a former left-handed relief pitcher in Major League Baseball, as well as an author and a pitching coach.

House has worked with several NFL quarterbacks, including Terrelle Pryor, Tim Tebow, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Alex Smith, Carson Palmer, Matt Cassel, Andy Dalton, Blake Bortles, and Matt Ryan.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cADGGfrxqj0

House’s partner Adam Dedeaux is the motion mechanics instructor at 3DQB in Los Angeles.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...w-york-jets-denver-broncos-new-england-031615

Ram65

Legend
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_House

Thomas House (born April 29, 1947) is a former left-handed relief pitcher in Major League Baseball, as well as an author and a pitching coach.

House has worked with several NFL quarterbacks, including Terrelle Pryor, Tim Tebow, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Alex Smith, Carson Palmer, Matt Cassel, Andy Dalton, Blake Bortles, and Matt Ryan.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cADGGfrxqj0

House’s partner Adam Dedeaux is the motion mechanics instructor at 3DQB in Los Angeles.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...w-york-jets-denver-broncos-new-england-031615

Goff is going to learn a lot. This really has to help with mechanics and getting the most out of the throwing motion. Nice video.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Riding in a golf cart talking smack at a football field. He is high energy , just think he needs to be a little more serious at this point if his career. He is the veteran WR so to speak ??
McVay will get in his head & make things right though.Inthink Bennie is a Ram through & through. He is tight with Gurley as well.

It was Instragram. A Ram friend was like look at this. His word to Tavon wasPRACTICE

People had all kinds of quotes.

Ram65

Legend
Not to be a dick, but how do you catch someone's home run? Unless he was in the stands I guess.

Tom explains what happened. Click the link and the video will take a few seconds to show up. It's great story from Tom about one of the great moments in sports that I watched live. Short version.....He was a relief pitcher in the Braves bullpen.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not to be a dick, but how do you catch someone's home run? Unless he was in the stands I guess.
Could also be he was in the bull pen which is often in the outfield beyond the home run line.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Could also be he was in the bull pen which is often in the outfield beyond the home run line.

Yeah, that's what happened. I went and read the story on it. Not being a baseball guy, and mostly familiar with the A's (who's bullpen is closer to the dugout if I remember correctly) I had no context here. My thought process went like this: home runs are balls that leave the fair field of play, pitchers stand in the center of the infield, if a pitcher caught a ball it must not be a home run. Clearly there's more to that fly-by-night sport than I thought.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Here's the thing with Goff and this new staff. I have seen many people (Pundits and fans as well) say that they doubt Goff will ever amount to anything because of what they saw last year and the system he was in at Cal.

Well ... I have also seen many people ( both Pundits, fans and even these coaches we just brought in) say that Goff has "natural thrower's talent" and "shown flashes" ... then that is NATURAL. What Goff needs is three-fold. 1) Competent coaches 2) a competent scheme that utilizes his strengths and 3) competent talent around him (ie; OL, running game and pass catchers) . I think we can say right now we have 2 of the 3 (coaching and scheme). If they can get the OL going and bring in some guys who can run good routes and can catch the damn ball .... how could he fail?

Well then it only boils down to Goff himself. It would mean that he is either 1) lazy 2) stupid or 3) lacks competitiveness. And I don't see any of the 3 in him. Yeah he needs to learn some things and yes he needs to add some bulk/muscle to his frame .....but I see him pretty well being set up to succeed if they can fix the OL and pass catching help.

Things are looking very, very UP for us right now. On a much better track. This team looks a lot better as far as being in good hands at every facet of the game with the new staff. Nothing, not one unit seems to being neglected coaching wise. It seems to me that were are for once ... truly only a couple pieces away from getting over the hump. And Goff is not one of the pieces I am currently worried or even concerned about. i think he is in the best position to succeed in his lifetime.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As I've said many times, I'm not worried about Goff. He can play. That'll show through in McVay's scheme.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Chalk me up as a believer in Goff. I think what we saw in New Orleans is an indication of what Goff and this offense could be, only better and more sophisticated.

I just hope we can land a guy like Stills &/or Garçon.