Jared Goff has hired Tom House and Adam Dedeaux . They are already working together this offseason.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Scirca

Rookie
C4zM5lYVMAER7TL.jpg

We the dark horse of 17' season.

Source: http://www.scout.com/nfl/rams/story/1755558-jared-goff-getting-outside-coaching-help

Ram65

Legend
Players like Goff have to go outside the organization to help in the off season. Stupid rules in the NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement. IIRC it was reported a month or so ago that Wentz was doing the same thing. Good for Goff and the Rams. I don't think anyone doubted he would be a hard worker this off season.

Last edited:

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I like that he is taking the initiative to better himself and this team. This is very good news. Good post.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Is Goff allowed to have the new playbook yet ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Good question . Would also like to know what kind of contact can he(players)have with The Rams ??

Just saw Tavon Austin on a live instragram account. He was goofing around & Bennie Cunningham was with him as well.--people were commenting to him.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!

Do they even have a playbook yet?? I would think that is what the coaches are working on right now. I doubt McVay got to bring his copy of the redskins playbook with him.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Do they even have a playbook yet?? I would think that is what the coaches are working on right now. I doubt McVay got to bring his copy of the redskins playbook with him.
I mean, I doubt they take a piece of paper from him. Even if they did, he probably remembered most of it.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Might not have a book with every single play , but it would be nice to get a head start on all the new verbage

And I hope Goff has be dissecting all the Redskins game films

And maybe that's one reason you hire QB. Coach . To help you break down all those Redskins game films

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Goff is working with Tom House & Adam Degeaux....I'm excited!

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/11/offseason-rules-in-full-force/

This article is a year old but the CBA has not changed so it should apply. So technically they can not discuss the playbook. My guess this is a rule that most if not all teams cheat on lol.

Now that all 32 teams have completed the 2015 season, it makes sense to review the things that can and can’t be done until the offseason programs open in April.

The rules appear in Article 21, Section 2 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Before the launch of the offseason program, players can’t participate in Club-supervised workouts, practices, group, or individual meetings with coaches, group or individual film study with coaches, or group or individual playbook study with coaches. This provision is the origin of periodic comments from coaches regarding their inability to communicate with players in the offseason.

Still, there’s no prohibition on phone calls or discussions that don’t amount to meetings, film study, or playbook study. If, for example, 49ers coach Chip Kelly simply wants to get to know quarterback Colin Kaepernick, Kelly can call Kaepernick and talk to him. But with Kelly taking the ridiculously extreme position that he can’t even talk about Kaepernick publicly, it seems that Kelly either doesn’t understand the rules or is being deliberately obtuse, possibly to enhance trade potential for Kaepernick by not taking a clear position on whether the 49ers want him during the window when interested teams might call.

Players nevertheless are allowed to work out in the team facility, with strength and conditioning coaches prevented from supervising workouts but permitted into supervise the weight room to prevent injury and correct misuse of the equipment. And plenty of players prefer to stay in shape that way, given the fact that it’s both familiar and free.

Regardless of the rules, football coaches who want to talk to their players will surely find a way to do it. In the five years since the new rules were promulgated, no coach ever has been accused to talking to players more than he should. Players who are truly committed to winning will do whatever they have to do, exercising discretion while also planning for an opportunity to compete more effectively in the coming season.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/11/offseason-rules-in-full-force/

This article is a year old but the CBA has not changed so it should apply. So technically they can not discuss the playbook. My guess this is a rule that most if not all teams cheat on lol.

Now that all 32 teams have completed the 2015 season, it makes sense to review the things that can and can’t be done until the offseason programs open in April.

The rules appear in Article 21, Section 2 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Before the launch of the offseason program, players can’t participate in Club-supervised workouts, practices, group, or individual meetings with coaches, group or individual film study with coaches, or group or individual playbook study with coaches. This provision is the origin of periodic comments from coaches regarding their inability to communicate with players in the offseason.

Still, there’s no prohibition on phone calls or discussions that don’t amount to meetings, film study, or playbook study. If, for example, 49ers coach Chip Kelly simply wants to get to know quarterback Colin Kaepernick, Kelly can call Kaepernick and talk to him. But with Kelly taking the ridiculously extreme position that he can’t even talk about Kaepernick publicly, it seems that Kelly either doesn’t understand the rules or is being deliberately obtuse, possibly to enhance trade potential for Kaepernick by not taking a clear position on whether the 49ers want him during the window when interested teams might call.

Players nevertheless are allowed to work out in the team facility, with strength and conditioning coaches prevented from supervising workouts but permitted into supervise the weight room to prevent injury and correct misuse of the equipment. And plenty of players prefer to stay in shape that way, given the fact that it’s both familiar and free.

Regardless of the rules, football coaches who want to talk to their players will surely find a way to do it. In the five years since the new rules were promulgated, no coach ever has been accused to talking to players more than he should. Players who are truly committed to winning will do whatever they have to do, exercising discretion while also planning for an opportunity to compete more effectively in the coming season.
I'm sure there are ways around it , just wasn't sure if teams with new coaching staff get a little extra exemption

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Players like Goff have to go outside the organization to help in the off season. Stupid rules in the NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement. IIRC it was reported a month or so ago that Wentz was doing the same thing. Good for Goff and the Rams. I don't think anyone doubted he would be a hard worker this off season.

It's a perfectly sensible rule for the players.

Zero

Pro Bowler
I like that he is taking the initiative to better himself and this team. This is very good news. Good post.
initiative or work ethic will never be a problem
with Goff.If does not suceed it won't be from
lack of effort.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Goff and the Rams players turning in their 2016 playbooks earlier this month...
200.webp