Jared Goff/Carson Wentz Gruden QB camp

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
After watching these 2 with Mooch and his whiteboard, I'm kinda hoping for Wentz.

The first time I watched it, yeah. Wentz has an instant rapport with a lot of these guys. He says the right things, knows a lot, and is confident and appears quick when it comes to thinking and talking the game.

Goff's session with Mooch is more hot and cold. It doesn't seem like he's comfortable with the coach's style, and there may be a little haughtiness playing in there, as Mooch tends to talk down to him throughout the taping, in subtle (or maybe not so subtle) ways. I don't know, I wouldn't read much into it. Goff still gets the point, and it just seems like they're a bit out of synch on semantics. This could be due to any number of things... editing even, or what's going on around them, etc. I'll say that there are older guys I play ultimate frisbee with that rub me the wrong way with their personalities, especially when it seems like they're assuming I don't know anything because I'm younger, and because my lexicon for the game and life are often so vastly different.

Overall, yeah, I like Wentz's outgoing style and apparent confidence. It really doesn't mean anything though, when it comes to playing QB, in the moment, and that's where Goff just seems to be sharper, and more decisive, and more deliberate.

So yeah, with these and the Gruden tapes, it's a fun watch, but it's not necessarily meaningful for anything but a look into their conversation-styles.

Still love both of these guys, though. Really psyched about the pick.

Name
Troy
I was sitting 1 seat from him in his broadcast booth for Monday Night Football once and had to listen to him the entire game.

It took all my will not to throw my beer.

I don't know what it is, but my hate for him palpable.
Whoa. What fuels your hate for Gruden? Just curious. The two I absolutely cannot stand are Phil Simms and Cris Collinsworth.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whoa. What fuels your hate for Gruden? Just curious. The two I absolutely cannot stand are Phil Simms and Cris Collinsworth.

I think its cuz he looks like that Doll from the Child's Play, Chucky. Also he's super annoying.