Jared Goff against the 49ers! Every Throw.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Scirca

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Correct me if I'm wrong ... weren't you the guy that praised the hell out of Goff ... then gave up on up him ?

I didn't give up on him, it's just I wasn't see the progression that I expected and I held a very high standard for him but in the end a cloud of doubt started to impair my judgement. And Goff so far has surpassed my expectations. Sky is the limit for him.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He didn't look poised to me. It is why I got annoyed because that was all I got from that one series.

First throw, his footwork was sloppy, and the pass was inaccurate. His next pass attempt, he almost threw it over an open Todd Gurley. He still has that deer in the headlights thing going on. His next two passes were spot on though. The more and more I see him and rewatch, the more I'm starting to see what @LACHAMP46 was saying about him.

His first throw was just plain bad, don't make excuses for him. He should have thrown it with confidence (velocity). Second throw was a bad throw, when you have NO PRESSURE, and the guy you are throwing to is WIDE OPEN, and your strength is accuracy coming out of college, I expect it BETWEEN THE NUMBERS.

i got a big ol plate of crow for ya my man .... comments from a pre season regarding Goff

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
i got a big ol plate of crow for ya my man .... comments from a pre season regarding Goff

I'll cut him and those other doubting Thomas' a little slack, one by one they will have seen the err in their hasty judgement's...this guy has more than made up by posting that fantastic clip

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just want to know where Kowalski is hiding? lol. I told him that I'd admit if and when Goff looked terrible (he hasn't really in the regular season), and that I didn't believe he would admit anything if Goff did well.

Guess I was right....lol

When Goff has a rookie game, which I am sure will happen because the kid is SO YOUNG..THAT'S when we'll see Kowalski.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Nice play...I was listening to...I think that was MJD on the radio...they were killing Higbee for dropping that play...Ended up being a FG too...

I saw him several times manipulate the coverage with his eyes....It was like that one play vs Washington....just....changed him overnight...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff is making big strides week to week. It wasn't too long ago that he was much choppier and iffy getting through reads at the required speed which is a real testament to the work he's put in as well as the guidance McVay and staff are providing him.

No telling how good the kid's gonna be this year, and that's exciting. And even if he has a down game, with this staff we can rest assured that the required fixes are coming. Talk about a damn breath of fresh air.

Oh and lastly that throw to Woods down the sideline. Just wow. One of my favorite plays now of his young career and it was one helluva nice catch by Woods too. They need to show Higs that clip over and over on how to make a damn catch with someone in your space.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Goff is making big strides week to week. It wasn't too long ago that he was much choppier and iffy getting through reads at the required speed which is a real testament to the work he's put in as well as the guidance McVay and staff are providing him.

No telling how good the kid's gonna be this year, and that's exciting. And even if he has a down game, with this staff we can rest assured that the required fixes are coming. Talk about a damn breath of fresh air.

Oh and lastly that throw to Woods down the sideline. Just wow. One of my favorite plays now of his young career and it was one helluva nice catch by Woods too. They need to show Higs that clip over and over on how to make a damn catch with someone in your space.

It was a nice play by that DB tho, you can see his arm punch out that ball on the replay. Sometimes defenders win too!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Ryan's a buffoon and a bad DC but love the dude and good interview.

Simms saying "two below average QBs" dude can suck it.

Nice analysis from the blowhard Casserly for once

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was a nice play by that DB tho, you can see his arm punch out that ball on the replay. Sometimes defenders win too!

No doubt. However the problem with Higbee is it's not the DB winning "sometimes." It's every time. This goes back to camp btw, where it was the same exact thing. So there's hope of course for the dude, and he's done a nice job blocking. But he needs to raise the bar.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
No doubt. However the problem with Higbee is it's not the DB winning "sometimes." It's every time. This goes back to camp btw, where it was the same exact thing. So there's hope of course for the dude, and he's done a nice job blocking. But he needs to raise the bar.

give him time. Much like Goff this is almost like his rookie season due to the fact that he played on one of the worst offenses in NFL history last year. TE's have a tendency to develop slowly in the NFL.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
give him time. Much like Goff this is almost like his rookie season due to the fact that he played on one of the worst offenses in NFL history last year. TE's have a tendency to develop slowly in the NFL.

I am and I am aware TE takes time at this level. But at this point he deserves the criticism he's received, as we have watched a rookie come in and outplay him. Hoping he starts figuring things out here pretty soon.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
View: https://thumbs.gfycat.com/TidyObviousAsianwaterbuffalo-size_restricted.gif
Even though this was an incompletion to Tyler Higbee, here is Jared Goff baiting the DB into picking up Todd Gurley, and then throwing a laser beam with precision at Higbee. @jrry32 @Legatron4 @LACHAMP46 @Mojo Ram @UKram @LoyalRam

You have a nice play right here as well:
ApprehensiveBaggyDromedary-size_restricted.gif

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Aw mannnnnnnn.....

I'm always late to the circle jerk.

KUhdk2N.gif

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
View: https://thumbs.gfycat.com/TidyObviousAsianwaterbuffalo-size_restricted.gif
Even though this was an incompletion to Tyler Higbee, here is Jared Goff baiting the DB into picking up Todd Gurley, and then throwing a laser beam with precision at Higbee. @jrry32 @Legatron4 @LACHAMP46 @Mojo Ram @UKram @LoyalRam

Watkins was WIDE open to Goffs left and would have scored with a completed pass.

I hope they show that to him in the QB room. He missed an easy TD.

Aw mannnnnnnn.....

I'm always late to the circle jerk.

KUhdk2N.gif

It's OK.......... next time you can be in the center of the circle.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Watkins was WIDE open to Goffs left and would have scored with a completed pass.

Watch again, the safety over top doesn't move over to Higbee until after Goff turns and throws to him. If he would've thrown to Watkins the safety would have moved that way and Sammy would've been in double coverage. Goff read the coverage correctly, Higbee just didn't catch the ball.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

I agree, however I dont want him hesitant to throw the pass he did there.
His progress has been outstanding, but I want him to continue to get the ball out quick and not put too much stess on his blockers because he is looking for a better play.

Basically I just want him to continue to trust in what he is seeing and firing the ball with the kind confidence he showed on Thursday. He will make mistakes, but he will make a lot of plays too.