Jared Goff 2016

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Wouldn't be the first time it happened.

Yes, I know there's a possibility we could score zero. That possibility still exists with Keenum. In fact, I consider it more likely to happen with Keenum than with Goff.

How have the goal-posts moved at all? I told you that we saw this exact same mistake before with Fisher. You brought up McNair. The answer wasn't McNair. It was Vince Young.

I don't think Goff is going to come in and light up the 49ers. I've been very straight-forward with that. Don't misrepresent my points. However, there's more potential that Goff lights up the 49ers than there is that Keenum lights up the 49ers.

Really? By what measure? Every single veteran QB I named posted a better preseason QB rating than the rookie.

They were clearly better. I agree. But not by preseason performance. They were clearly better because they were more talented and we knew who the veterans were based on their careers to that point. Which is exactly the case I'm making here.

Yes. Actually, that does worry me. It doesn't worry me for Goff. It worries me that our Head Coach is so far behind the times that he's completely bungled this situation. And it's going to set our team back this season.(which might end up preventing them from making the playoffs...and guess what? This isn't the first time he's done this.)
Mkay.

But hey ... guess what?
You're crashing yourself against a rock and the rock is winning.
Why?
Because things are as they are, and no amount of teeth-gnashing will effect change.
Even if you call for Fisher's head (as you claimed you would) all year.

Go Keenum.

8774cec269ca4a7991a373544699d968.png

And then when it's his turn....

Go Goff.

e6131753590548a581c9a2425211444c.png

But most importantly, and since it's just a game anyway ... Go Me.

b6d2eb9ddd444ee3b4e7fd92886b975a.png

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mkay.

But hey ... guess what?
You're crashing yourself against a rock and the rock is winning.
Why?
Because things are as they are, and no amount of teeth-gnashing will effect change.
Even if you call for Fisher's head (as you claimed you would) all year.

Go Keenum.

8774cec269ca4a7991a373544699d968.png

And then when it's his turn....

Go Goff.

e6131753590548a581c9a2425211444c.png

But most importantly, and since it's just a game anyway ... Go Me.

b6d2eb9ddd444ee3b4e7fd92886b975a.png

Guess it'll be a long year then. Hopefully, Keenum will play well and I won't have to crash myself against a rock each week.

And I've definitely lived up to my promises so far on Fisher. :LOL:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
No one is questioning who's more talented, I was among the first on Goffs side from day one, but clearly ( to me at least) he needs a little more work, sending him out unprepared is a recipe for disaster. Can't blame Fisher for playing it safe, they are in a unique situation, most teams drafting number one overall are far less talented than this team.

The Rams feel they can win with Case, let's see how it plays out.

Goffs time will arrive soon enough

Agreed. And if winning with Case while getting Jared up to real game speed, that's a huge advantage.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Fortunately I have the nfl ticket so I can enjoy some bourbon at home while I watch the games this year. Not planning any road trips this year.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Gentlemen, the game has just changed. I just saw on Ballers that the Rams have offered Ricky Jerret a huge contract!!! Goff and Keenum are gonna be stoked!! We finally got our #1 WR!!! Woo Hoo!!!!

latest

Wait...he seems kinda familiar.....like we have seen him before......

IMG_3348.jpg

FrankenRam

Starter
It's cool.
So when Goff first starts a game, they can scale the playbook back if they have to.

Honestly OS, this is much ado about nothing. He'll start when he's deemed ready by Fisher, Boras, McGinnis and Weinke. I know a lot of people wanna see him immediately because he's the future, but there's no need to rush him in before he's ready. What does that accomplish other than satisfying a fan's desire to see him play? And all this talk about Keenum being a scrub is kind of offensive. Dude works his ass off like everyone else (moreso when you consider him getting with the receivers before the off-season began), and he definitely paid his dues. He knows the playbook well, has a chemistry with the receivers, and can execute some of the things that Goff can't right now - like calling protections and making sight adjustments. If it takes Goff a few games to get up to that speed, then what's the big deal?

Virtually guaranteed to not be popular on this forum and highly likely to draw some 'You're full of.......' replies.....

IMO, some of this Start-Goff-Now talk is agenda driven from a few forum members who fancy themselves to be astute QB talent evaluators. And if Goff ain't playin', it makes their evaluation skills look a little less astute. So, they will tell you ad nauseum, and as though their opinion is 'fact', that Goff gives the Rams a better chance of winning...even today.